The Student Room Group

OCR gcse Business Studies unit 3 exam, 6th june

hey, quite scared about the exam! got 49 ums for the business and people exam, which was a low A and then got 60/60 for coursework, so high a* but i really do want to get an A* overall, but the exams seem so hard to get a high grade in!
how are you all going to revise for it?
Reply 1
Original post by Rose.1994
hey, quite scared about the exam! got 49 ums for the business and people exam, which was a low A and then got 60/60 for coursework, so high a* but i really do want to get an A* overall, but the exams seem so hard to get a high grade in!

Same! Wow well done for your coursework!! I got 53 for the coursework and 55 for the exam, and yeah I really want an A* too! I was talking to my teacher and he said that when he used to mark exam papers he only gave a few papers more than 100 marks, and I need 108 to get the A* :/

I'm just going over the case study a few times and revising answers to questions that might come up, and just doing mindmaps of things to remember... You?
Reply 2

Wow, you're one dedicated business student... And minilamb....

As the paper is 1 tier, I think if i tried over the past 2 years, then i would prob be aiming for an A*, but my teacher was a prick, didn't like me, told me constantly how i was going to fail and so I never did anything in his lessons :colondollar:
I got a B in the controlled assesment through sheer common sense ( i didn't listen at all as you can prob tell) and then for the first exam i got a 'D'... So again, he told me how i was going to crash and burn (A 'D' isn't tooooo bad seeing as i never listen + did no revision... :tongue:) Anyway, i did a retake and basically just read through that fat ass text book they give you... and I got a high A (1 off an A*...) So it can't be too hard really? I showed that dick though didn't i? :colone::colone:
This last exam, i don't even know where to start r.e revision? Read the case study once and glanced at text book, but I don't even know what i have to revise. :confused:

Man, I hate business studies...
Reply 3

Well done!

Hoping my retake got some sort of A or A*

Don't know my scores first go at the first paper was awful: not really got much to offer in way of advise much the same as most, read the case study and relevant text book pages over and over again!

Anyone else noticed how c*** the OCR website is!!!! not worth the time or effort much like their subsidised text book which is adamant that limited liability is the same as unlimited and that you get it as a partnership!!! LOL:tongue:

Good Luck in the exam to all?!!!

6aldera
Reply 4
:eek: just liked this smiley and wanted to use it!!!
Reply 5
Original post by 6aldera
Well done!

Hoping my retake got some sort of A or A*

Don't know my scores first go at the first paper was awful: not really got much to offer in way of advise much the same as most, read the case study and relevant text book pages over and over again!

Anyone else noticed how c*** the OCR website is!!!! not worth the time or effort much like their subsidised text book which is adamant that limited liability is the same as unlimited and that you get it as a partnership!!! LOL:tongue:

Good Luck in the exam to all?!!!

6aldera

Thank you, good luck to you too!
Yeah, its really hard to revise business ;(
its not like maths or science where you can just do practice papers
am aiming for an A because A* just seems too far away for me! lol
Reply 6
Thank you, good luck to you too!
Yeah, its really hard to revise business ;(
its not like maths or science where you can just do practice papers
am aiming for an A because A* just seems too far away for me! lol

Revising for business studies is hard? It's hard in the sense that you need be seriously motivated (it's so dull!) but you're given a bible of a text book... read it? Got me an A in my last exam...
Reply 7
do you guys think this exam will be easier than the unit 2 exam?
I just went through last years unit 3 exam and it seems quite straightforward!
You guys ought to consider yourselves lucky... On Monday i have two economic papers, unit 3 business & maths, History on tuesday and then maths again on friday. My class sepnt too long on the controlled assesments for both history and business so we havn't even been taught the syllabus for either business unit 3 or History! FML!

You guys got any good notes for business?? It would be appreciated
Reply 9
how did everyone find it?
Reply 10
how did everyone find it?

I think it went well, what did some of you put for the inward investment question? Also the Overdraft being a good method of finance for them, the six marks question! that was a toughy!
I thought it was alright :biggrin: (much nicer than my maths one... cough cough.) But was fairly easy to bull my way through :biggrin: There was a couple hard ones (the last 2 pages) and overdraft one, but inward investment was alright :smile:
What did you do for the second question about it increasing? Personally, i didn't think it was worded well as i didn't know whether they wanted me to state £8000 or the percentage increase?? So i did the percentage!
I thought it was funny how we had to go through and edit some questions :L
Reply 12
Oh yeah we had to do that too Haha, yeah I'm not sure what question you're on about though, but I did not like the 8 mark questions arrgghh they were just so long winded! :mad: hope everything turns out fine
Reply 13
the overdraft question was hard. there were too many long questions :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by ColourDog
I thought it was alright :biggrin: (much nicer than my maths one... cough cough.) But was fairly easy to bull my way through :biggrin: There was a couple hard ones (the last 2 pages) and overdraft one, but inward investment was alright :smile:
What did you do for the second question about it increasing? Personally, i didn't think it was worded well as i didn't know whether they wanted me to state £8000 or the percentage increase?? So i did the percentage!
I thought it was funny how we had to go through and edit some questions :L

Lol, gotta agree with you on your first point!
I wrote both £8000 and the percentage lol just to be on the safe side
oh yeah I know! and the questions were hardly any different after!
Original post by SuperNerd
I think it went well, what did some of you put for the inward investment question? Also the Overdraft being a good method of finance for them, the six marks question! that was a toughy!

for the inward investment bit i ticket the question, where people from foreign countries, set up in the uk.. or at least something like that. Everyone i asked didn't put this but once we had googled it, we saw i was right! aha:smile::colondollar:
Reply 16
Original post by hello:)<3
for the inward investment bit i ticket the question, where people from foreign countries, set up in the uk.. or at least something like that. Everyone i asked didn't put this but once we had googled it, we saw i was right! aha:smile::colondollar:

Yeah, lots of people put different answers for that question... I got the same one as you though :smile: The paper was alright actually, better than I expected...
Reply 17
are the grade boundaries out for this yet?
Reply 18
JUST FOUND THE GRADE BOUNDARIES
UNIT 3
A* - 66
A - 58
B - 50
C - 42
D - 36
E - 24
F - 18
G - 12

What do you guys think?
I think that is pretty good but trying not to get my hopes up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending