The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scarlet ibis

Original post by Craghyrax
I think that the Cambridge Oxfam walk is a few decades old now. They've been doing it each year in May. I think its 'The Oxfam Walk' because its the one official Oxfam walk as opposed to spontaneous walks different people do to raise money more casually.

Ah yes... here's the history:

Spoiler

Thanks. Following the link (and under 'Why?') I see it's for "Oxfam's Emergencies Fund". :smile:
Reply 8061
Do you know when/if they release the map of the 26 mile route? I'm keen to know where we are going!

The map is here :smile: :

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/get_involved/fundraise/walk/downloads/cambwalk-routes-2012.pdf
Original post by alex_hk90
Thanks. Following the link (and under 'Why?') I see it's for "Oxfam's Emergencies Fund". :smile:

Thanks for the donation :love:

Good spot! Cheers.

Thanks for sponsoring, we've raised £40 already! [s]awesome[\s]

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Woa, this new app is more TMI than usual :biggrin:

I'm doubtful it's a good idea though to announce to all and sundry what the model of your phone is. :unsure: I just seems that bit too invasive into my privacy.
Original post by ukdragon37
I'm doubtful it's a good idea though to announce to all and sundry what the model of your phone is. :unsure: I just seems that bit too invasive into my privacy.

Hence me saying TMI.

Gah! It did that without me asking it to - they've updated the app recently and there are some new features. Such as this. :hmpf:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sockpirate
Pembroke's really good on the hall food front as a whole:

Today's Lunch and Dinner Menus

and there's a selection of vegetables, chips, and a salad bar too.

However the cooking facilities are poor at best. I have 1 hob plate (the other's broken), a microwave and a fridge. I didn't even have a microwave until I asked housekeeping specifically! Not having a freezer is the biggest pain I think, however an oven would also be a godsend.

I know I'm about three days late to reply to this, but someone needs to invent a cylindrical fridge*. There's never enough door space for six people's ten bottles of milk. :shifty:

*Or they should do away with the "benches" and have a larger fridge...
Thanks for the donation :love:

Thanks for sponsoring, we've raised £40 already! :awesome:

You're welcome. :smile:

I need to get this app.

I don't see why it really matters? Loads of people have "Sent from my iPhone/iPad" when they post using the FB app and I've never thought anything of it (except that they might be Apple fanboys :tongue:).

Original post by Tortious
I know I'm about three days late to reply to this, but someone needs to invent a cylindrical fridge*. There's never enough door space for six people's ten bottles of milk. :shifty:

You guys should arrange to share milk. :yep:
Reply 8072
It looks to me as if you can get rid of the "posted from", but I'll have to see whether this test works.

Edit: Seems to have worked. The app makes it easier on a tablet too, though it looks to have been specifically designed for phones.
(edited 12 years ago)

I live in a set, so have my own fridge, and I don't drink milk anyway :p: but I do understand your pain! Was annoying last year, when there were definitely more cartons of milk in the fridge than people using them...
Reply 8074

I don't see why it really matters? Loads of people have "Sent from my iPhone/iPad" when they post using the FB app and I've never thought anything of it (except that they might be Apple fanboys :tongue:).

I always think the emails/fb posts which have that bit on make people look pretty silly.
That is one of the best things about moving in with my boyfriend: enough fridge space for us both!
Gah! It did that without me asking it to - they've updated the app recently and there are some new features. Such as this. :hmpf:

I wasn't suggesting you could do anything to stop it. I was just a bit amused at the level of information the signature gave, since I'm used to fairly short messages like 'posted from my BlackBerry'. When I use the Tapatalk forum app it also leaves something.
Original post by harr
It looks to me as if you can get rid of the "posted from", but I'll have to see whether this test works.
Edit: Seems to have worked. The app makes it easier on a tablet too, though it looks to have been specifically designed for phones.

I think the app is still being tested, so if you have any useful feedback have a look for the announcements on it and get in touch.

It's alright, our fridge is designed for 6 people at absolute maximum. So naturally, we have about 8 people using it. Storing ANYTHING in there involves playing food tetris. My neighbour once went into a long rant about his missing milk, only to find it had been placed behind 3 pots of houmous and some ham...
Original post by gethsemane342
It's alright, our fridge is designed for 6 people at absolute maximum. So naturally, we have about 8 people using it. Storing ANYTHING in there involves playing food tetris. My neighbour once went into a long rant about his missing milk, only to find it had been placed behind 3 pots of houmous and some ham...

I think my (first world) problem is that I'm living with some older students who cook for themselves, so they tend to fill the shelves and put jars of sauce and stuff in the door.

Interestingly, though, when I went back to it last night, I found there was virtually no milk. :indiff:

(How's the CPE going? My friend is (hopefully!) going to give me the NP sheets when he gets them, so I'll be sure to pass them on if they materialise. :h:)

(How's the CPE going? My friend is (hopefully!) going to give me the NP sheets when he gets them, so I'll be sure to pass them on if they materialise. :h:)

*cough* Exam thread...
*cough* Exam thread...

It's not that far off-topic, is it? :puppyeyes: I was only asking in passing... :sad:

Latest

Trending

Trending