The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Ultimate St Andrews Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
can anybody tell me. how are Fife park houses?.. plz.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 181
Original post by Helsy
If I'm honest, I'm glad I'm not you. :tongue:

I've only just started to pick a few things to come with me. :tongue: Like some towels and stuff, but I'm just taking things from home because I haven't got the cash to buy brand new stuff... and all the plates are my brothers old ones from Uni. :tongue:

Haha, I think I would be if I weren't me as well! (That doesn't make much sense though...!)

I think I'm pretty much done and ready to see it all go tomorrow, although I'm worried the clothes and shoes and stuff I've kept out for the next few weeks won't fit in my suitcase, or will exceed the weight limits...! Lets hope not! Its amazing how much stuff I've ended up with that needs to come with me, I suppose it's everything I own pretty much, since if I need and use it down here, then I'll want it up there for the next four years! It had better all fit in the car! (Its only a Vw polo, not much room even with the seats down!)
Reply 182
Original post by Kayak
Haha, I think I would be if I weren't me as well! (That doesn't make much sense though...!)

I think I'm pretty much done and ready to see it all go tomorrow, although I'm worried the clothes and shoes and stuff I've kept out for the next few weeks won't fit in my suitcase, or will exceed the weight limits...! Lets hope not! Its amazing how much stuff I've ended up with that needs to come with me, I suppose it's everything I own pretty much, since if I need and use it down here, then I'll want it up there for the next four years! It had better all fit in the car! (Its only a Vw polo, not much room even with the seats down!)

Oh I know my stuff would never fit in a Polo. I was amazed at how much stuff I took up last year, then I somehow managed to acquire SOOO many more things throughout the year.
Reply 183
Original post by Kayak

Original post by Ecosse_14
Oh I know my stuff would never fit in a Polo. I was amazed at how much stuff I took up last year, then I somehow managed to acquire SOOO many more things throughout the year.

When I moved to my new flat, I had like 20 boxes of stuff. My friends regretted helping me move when they saw how much stuff I had. It's amazing how much stuff you can hide in a tiny hall room.

Just be ruthless and ask do I really really need this? I'm sending stuff home with my mum when she comes over next week because it's just taking up space... I brought millions of pairs of heels that have never even been taken out never mind worn.
Reply 184
Original post by Kayak

I get what you mean! :smile:

I know right, I hope it goes ok. I think I might be alright for stuff... I don't really use much so hopefully (fingers crossed) I won't have such a packed car. Then again, my brother packed the car to almost breaking point. But he does have more stuff than me, and uses more stuff... so maybe it won't be too bad.

I think most of my stuff will really just be food and things, saying me having to buy them during the first week and also spent with my parents money and not my own! :tongue:
Anyone still looking for accommodation, message me asap. I've got a place and I'm looking for house mates :biggrin: xx
Reply 186
I got an offer for self catered single ensuite accomodation at David Russell Accommodation.... please could someone tell me what's good to bring? Will I need my own cooking utensils? Duvet, pillow, lamp, printer etc?
Reply 187
Original post by blisssy
I got an offer for self catered single ensuite accomodation at David Russell Accommodation.... please could someone tell me what's good to bring? Will I need my own cooking utensils? Duvet, pillow, lamp, printer etc?

You will need your own cooking utensils except pots and pans. You will also need all your bedding and a printer if you wish although you can use uni printers by purchasing printer credits. You don't need a lamp. See the first post in this thread to see what's provided in a room :smile:
Hi! I need help figuring out the correct way to write my postal address. I've been placed in DRA Lang, is this the correct way? Any help is most appreciated.

Name
Room 3, Flat 7 Lang house
David Russell Apartments
Buchanan Gardens
St. Andrews
Fife
KY16 9LY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reply 189
Original post by kyjeunette
Hi! I need help figuring out the correct way to write my postal address. I've been placed in DRA Lang, is this the correct way? Any help is most appreciated.

Name
Room 3, Flat 7 Lang house
David Russell Apartments
Buchanan Gardens
St. Andrews
Fife
KY16 9LY
Scotland, United Kingdom

Yup, you could write it that way :smile:
Reply 190
Does anybody know how long, I will have to wait to get a reply from Student Accommadation Services?

Had a offer of accommadation for New Hall, which was my last choice, so emailed to see if I could be moved to somewhere more in line with my preferences. If they can't that's not a problem but thought I would try my luck.

The only reply I have had so far is an automated on, have been waiting 2 days now :frown:

Anyone got any idea, if it is possible to get another offer? Anybody having a simular experince?
Original post by GinaKay
Does anybody know how long, I will have to wait to get a reply from Student Accommadation Services?

Had a offer of accommadation for New Hall, which was my last choice, so emailed to see if I could be moved to somewhere more in line with my preferences. If they can't that's not a problem but thought I would try my luck.

The only reply I have had so far is an automated on, have been waiting 2 days now :frown:

Anyone got any idea, if it is possible to get another offer? Anybody having a simular experince?

Hate to break it to you, but that will not happen. Almost everyone has been allocated their accommodation that applied before the deadline. On top of that, there is apparently a long waiting list for accommodation. They have even resorted to making some rooms in Sallies triples. You won't be able to switch and will probably find no private accommodation at this point. You'll just have to take what you've been offered and consider yourself lucky, there are many students who missed the deadline who are scrambling to find ANY place to live. Anyway, it wont be that bad! It'll all be ok! :smile:
I'm looking for students who would like to groupshare a place. Send me a private message to get in touch.
Reply 193
Original post by GinaKay

Original post by Washington_Capital
Hate to break it to you, but that will not happen. Almost everyone has been allocated their accommodation that applied before the deadline. On top of that, there is apparently a long waiting list for accommodation. They have even resorted to making some rooms in Sallies triples. You won't be able to switch and will probably find no private accommodation at this point. You'll just have to take what you've been offered and consider yourself lucky, there are many students who missed the deadline who are scrambling to find ANY place to live. Anyway, it wont be that bad! It'll all be ok! :smile:

Have to agree with Washington_Capital on this. You won't be getting anything else, so just take what you can. It'll be ok, New Hall is nice (I'm living there too) and it's only for one academic year and that is about 10 months long anyway... :smile:
Reply 194
I'm fine with my offer, it's not that I dislike it, cos all of st andrews is lovely :smile: It's just paying for an ensuite when you don't really want one is annoying. Only like a week to go now though, how exciting.
Original post by GinaKay

Original post by GinaKay

They won't move anyone. I called up and begged to be moved but they won't do it, so I am now learning to cook!

I'm in New Hall too though, which room are you in? I'm 2014a if my room mate's out there somewhere!

They've had to put some people in triple rooms this year because the demand for accommodation has been so high!
Reply 196
My daughter is in Room 2021 so that must be pretty close:smile:
Original post by carolg

Original post by carolg
My daughter is in Room 2021 so that must be pretty close:smile:

Yeah it must be! It's nice to know there will be other people around! I don't think anyone's having much luck finding their room mates in New Hall, I suppose they might have left some space for people who applied late!
Reply 198
Hi guys! I'm staying in Sallies, at SS/GF3A ST SALVATORS HALL (whatever that means!) Can anyone give me an idea on where/what my room might be like? Also, it's a shared room - so if my roomate's out there... hi :smile:

cheers!
Reply 199
just a week to go !!!!!!!! i am feeling really unprepared seeing as I just got back from spending 3 weeks in greece, super excited tho.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending