The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Ultimate St Andrews Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mckmac
My daughter has accepted a spot in St Salvator's. She's wondering when she'll find out something about her roommate. Does anyone know? Also, her contract starts on September 2nd. Does that mean she can arrive whenever she likes from September 2nd on?

There are facebook groups and whatsapp groups she can post in if she knows her room number. I found my roommate that way. A lot of people also just meet their roommate on the first day.

For arriving at accom, soon she will get an alert to sign up for an arrival slot on Sept. 2nd. This is the time when she can pick up keys, student card, get a tour of the building, meet roommate, unload bags, etc. If she wants to arrive at a different time/day she'll need to contact accommodation/wardens to arrange that. I'd definitely recommend being there for Sept. 2; you miss a lot of the welcome to halls stuff and opportunity to meet people in Sallies if you miss it.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Do we need to book an arrival slot at ABH
Hi I just got accepted, how long should I expect to wait for an offer for accommodation?
Does anyone know when accomadation comes out for students who just had their place confirmed?
I am a returning student going into my last year, and have managed to get a place in halls. I found the form to book an arrival slot on the St Andrews website, however, due to unforeseen circumstances, there is a chance I'll have to arrive slightly after teaching starts, but the form doesn't allow this. Would I just have to email them about it?

And before anyone says anything, final year students taking my subject don't need to be in town for orientation week for anything. Anything we have to do can be done on Teams or through email.
Original post by Uni_student3132
I am a returning student going into my last year, and have managed to get a place in halls. I found the form to book an arrival slot on the St Andrews website, however, due to unforeseen circumstances, there is a chance I'll have to arrive slightly after teaching starts, but the form doesn't allow this. Would I just have to email them about it?

And before anyone says anything, final year students taking my subject don't need to be in town for orientation week for anything. Anything we have to do can be done on Teams or through email.

Yes email the reception of the halls you are staying at:smile:
Original post by _Rusty_
Yes email the reception of the halls you are staying at:smile:

Thank you :smile:

That's what I thought, but I do like to check before I email random uni people haha.
Has the accomadation portal crashed? I'm trying to get on there to look for updates as I need to begin planning arrival asap but it keeps saying 'indirect navigation
Original post by Anonymous
Has the accomadation portal crashed? I'm trying to get on there to look for updates as I need to begin planning arrival asap but it keeps saying 'indirect navigation

Yes, it's been crashing with all the people trying to do what you're doing. Try checking back late at night or early in the morning when fewer people are online, but also give them a few days to get everything updated.

I'm also a returning student staying in halls, just curious did you apply to return individually and get new flatmates or with a group of friends? Thanks
I'm also a returning student staying in halls, just curious did you apply to return individually and get new flatmates or with a group of friends? Thanks

I applied individually. I don't really care if I live with my friends or not. Can quite easily see them in town when ever we want.
hi i got given gannochy accom, do i find out my room number once i get there? also does every room have a wash basin? thanks
Hi, does anyone know whether the Fife Park Standard rooms (for postgrads) are ensuite or if there is a shared bathroom for the 5 residents?
I assumed they would, like all the UG rooms at Fife Park, be ensuite, but reading some information on the websites again, I reckon those rooms might not come with ensuite bathrooms?
Reply 2093
Hi, does anyone know whether the Fife Park Standard rooms (for postgrads) are ensuite or if there is a shared bathroom for the 5 residents?
I assumed they would, like all the UG rooms at Fife Park, be ensuite, but reading some information on the websites again, I reckon those rooms might not come with ensuite bathrooms?

Looks like the post-grad rooms at Fife park aren't ensuite - unless you have a studio.
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/accommodation/halls/postgraduate-halls/
I've been trying to find room pics of University Hall Old Wing. Do the rooms all have a washbasin and do room sizes vary? Thanks to anyone who can help!
I've been trying to find room pics of University Hall Old Wing. Do the rooms all have a washbasin and do room sizes vary? Thanks to anyone who can help!

All the rooms in the university I've been in have had a sink in them, but can't say for definite about Uni Hall Old Wing, and yes, because of the nature of the building, room sizes won't be the same for everyone.
(edited 8 months ago)
All the rooms in the university I've been in have had a sink in them, but can't say for definite about Uni Hall Old Wing, and yes, because of the nature of the building, room sizes won't be the same for everyone.

Thanks for your reply! I guess we'll just find out on Saturday when my son arrives to move in 🙂
Original post by S1098
Looks like the post-grad rooms at Fife park aren't ensuite - unless you have a studio.
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/accommodation/halls/postgraduate-halls/

Thank you, you were right.
I think that it wasn't always clear on their different websites.
Do we need to show the wardens our booking confirmation when we arrive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending