The Student Room Group

PSYA2 AS Psychology Unit 2 AQA Revision Notes =3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asha_patel
Ahh ok, yeah Manchester probably doesn't see much summer tourism... I'm sure they'll be something though!! Summer always means kids off school, so often you'll find parents wanting babysitters, as long as you don't mind kids it's pretty easy work...

Yes i love to read, unfortunately over this school year i have just not had the chance to read anything for pleasure... so i've got a stack of novels i bought towards the end of last summer that i plan on reading this summer!! What about you? I'm assuming you like to read seeing as you want to do eng lit at uni, so what sort of genres do you like?

Yes, your personal statement is so important for showing who you are. Especially if you don't get an interview as it'll be the only thing the university has to see what you are like as a person, because to be honest what your grades are doesn't really tell them all that much.
Also, i'm not sure how this works at your school but ask to have a look at your reference before letting them send it off with your UCAS application as there may be something you want to change. For me, my history teacher actually wrote down my module marks which was so unecessary and just made me look worse, thankfully i saw it and got it taken out before it was sent off!!

Nope i don't count as an international student, although i'm studying in Spain i'm still living in the Uk if that makes sense? The easiest way to explain it is to think of me as a boarding student really... lol, it was a bit confusing when i was trying to explain it to UCAS to see what i should apply as...

Thank you! My last exam went ok, 2 sections of the exam were great and the last section was ok.. so now just to wait and see.
Haha i've already caught up on my sleep, the first thing i wanted to do!! Well that and go shopping.. lol
Aww, don't worry about your AS exams, honestly yes they are important but what you do at A2 can completely change them... and with AS modules you always have the oppurtunity for a re-take, even though i'm sure you won't need too!!
When is results day for AS?

I mean, it does get tourists, more than you'd think but it's nothing like London XD Ohh yeah, people always dump their kids with me but they don't pay ¬_¬ they're family but yeah... its a good idea though. Kids are stressful though.

Urgh I bet you haven't DX I hope things are more relaxed from now on even though I know ypu're starting uni :biggrin: But people always say A-levels are more stressful than unis :biggrin: Not on here though. Yeah XD Welll at the moment I'm just reading classics and things, but one of my favourite writers is Ishiguro =O And there's so much I wanna read, and there's a whole range on there, so I dunno what my favourite genre is XD I guess mainly the classics and historical fiction :O You? what sort of novels do you plan on reading?

Yeah.. we had a talk on it yesterday and I just have no idea how I'm going to make mine sound interesting! Just... no idea T.T especially as I have to get Pdsychology in there as well, and send that off to places that Im just applying to eng lit for... ah i'll think about it when I'm less tired DX Yeah, realyl? =O yeaah a lot of people have to see our statements before it's allowed to be sent off... Really? Oh god, that must have been annoying! But i'm glad it got taken out :biggrin: I think our school policy is not to declare AS and module results, so, thankfully, that helps us XDD

I see what you mean =O God, I bet it was XD But how come you moved to Spain anyway?

Ah it sounds like you'll have done fine :biggrin: Good luck for results day and I bet you've done well on all your edxams though :biggrin: Yay go shopping and buy yourself something nice, you've earned it!
Yeah I suppose you're right O.o well we'll see XD I think AS results day is the same day as A2 =O 18th August I think? :biggrin:
I bet you're completely relaxing now XD
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
I mean, it does get tourists, more than you'd think but it's nothing like London XD Ohh yeah, people always dump their kids with me but they don't pay ¬_¬ they're family but yeah... its a good idea though. Kids are stressful though.

Urgh I bet you haven't DX I hope things are more relaxed from now on even though I know ypu're starting uni :biggrin: But people always say A-levels are more stressful than unis :biggrin: Not on here though. Yeah XD Welll at the moment I'm just reading classics and things, but one of my favourite writers is Ishiguro =O And there's so much I wanna read, and there's a whole range on there, so I dunno what my favourite genre is XD I guess mainly the classics and historical fiction :O You? what sort of novels do you plan on reading?

Yeah.. we had a talk on it yesterday and I just have no idea how I'm going to make mine sound interesting! Just... no idea T.T especially as I have to get Pdsychology in there as well, and send that off to places that Im just applying to eng lit for... ah i'll think about it when I'm less tired DX Yeah, realyl? =O yeaah a lot of people have to see our statements before it's allowed to be sent off... Really? Oh god, that must have been annoying! But i'm glad it got taken out :biggrin: I think our school policy is not to declare AS and module results, so, thankfully, that helps us XDD

I see what you mean =O God, I bet it was XD But how come you moved to Spain anyway?

Ah it sounds like you'll have done fine :biggrin: Good luck for results day and I bet you've done well on all your edxams though :biggrin: Yay go shopping and buy yourself something nice, you've earned it!
Yeah I suppose you're right O.o well we'll see XD I think AS results day is the same day as A2 =O 18th August I think? :biggrin:
I bet you're completely relaxing now XD

Aww, lol i love kids. Although more than 5 at a time and i start stressing out!!! I guess you could always ask your family to give you a little bit of money for babysitting?

Yes i am definitely more relaxed, i'm all ready for my graduation and then i'm off on holiday for a week :biggrin: Haha, i plan on doing so much at uni that i'm sure it'll be more stressful than A Levels were, but i'm looking forward to it so it shouldn't be that bad!!
Mmm i've never heard of Oshiguro, may look he/she up if i run out of things to read this summer!! The novels i've got lined up are a huge mixture, there are crime/mystery novels, supernatural novels and romance novels. The first book i'm going to read though is A Thousand Splendid Suns, i bought it whilst reading The Kite Runner (they have the same author) for AS eng lit and i never got around to reading it.

Ouch, that's going to be hard to talk about psychology and eng lit when your somtimes only applying to eng lit... It's super hard when you first start writing your personal statement, but once you get in to it it gets a lot easier!! My best advice to you would be to go on to UCAS, they have this worksheet to fill out about writing a personal statement, it's got questions which you answer that give you ideas about what to put in your statement... Ok thats a pretty bad explanation, but have a look!! It really helped me :smile:
Thanks !! I was super glad it got taken out too!! haha

My parents just didn't really want us to all be brought up in London anymore, plus the weather and the lifestyle out in Spain is different and we prefer it out here now. It's just a nicer, more relaxed life... i guess.

Thank you!! I'm sure results day will go well for both of us!!!
Yep, A2 results day is definitely the 18th August, i've got it all planned out!! hahaha
Aww, lol i love kids. Although more than 5 at a time and i start stressing out!!! I guess you could always ask your family to give you a little bit of money for babysitting?

Yes i am definitely more relaxed, i'm all ready for my graduation and then i'm off on holiday for a week :biggrin: Haha, i plan on doing so much at uni that i'm sure it'll be more stressful than A Levels were, but i'm looking forward to it so it shouldn't be that bad!!
Mmm i've never heard of Oshiguro, may look he/she up if i run out of things to read this summer!! The novels i've got lined up are a huge mixture, there are crime/mystery novels, supernatural novels and romance novels. The first book i'm going to read though is A Thousand Splendid Suns, i bought it whilst reading The Kite Runner (they have the same author) for AS eng lit and i never got around to reading it.

Ouch, that's going to be hard to talk about psychology and eng lit when your somtimes only applying to eng lit... It's super hard when you first start writing your personal statement, but once you get in to it it gets a lot easier!! My best advice to you would be to go on to UCAS, they have this worksheet to fill out about writing a personal statement, it's got questions which you answer that give you ideas about what to put in your statement... Ok thats a pretty bad explanation, but have a look!! It really helped me :smile:
Thanks !! I was super glad it got taken out too!! haha

My parents just didn't really want us to all be brought up in London anymore, plus the weather and the lifestyle out in Spain is different and we prefer it out here now. It's just a nicer, more relaxed life... i guess.

Thank you!! I'm sure results day will go well for both of us!!!
Yep, A2 results day is definitely the 18th August, i've got it all planned out!! hahaha

You do? That's sweet :biggrin: It's a bit cheeky to ask I guess XD

Oh, where are you going on holiday? Yeah that's true :3 I imagine uni'll be great as you're doing exactly what you want to do and you learn new things and it's spaced out etc etc :biggrin:
Yeah, Ishiguro :3 He wrote The Remains of the Day, which is his most famous one. Oh awesome XD Oooh, is the Kite Runner good? I've wanted to read it for a while... Though I suppose it must be if you're reading a book by the same author... and, ah i bet you'll enjoy that :biggrin:

Yeah :frown: My teacher did say that maybe I could put all my energy into english lit for oxford and maybe do an MA in psychology in literature or something something... that would be cool Ig uess. It is? We're emant to have started it by now and I haven't so I;m supers tressed T.T Oh really? Oh! Thank you, I had no idea of that at all XDDD Thanks for thea dvice :biggrin: Those entry profiles on UCAS are pretty good too.

I bet it is :biggrin: Didn't you want to go to a Spanish uni then?

Hopefully :biggrin: Planned out, whatcha doing?
You do? That's sweet :biggrin: It's a bit cheeky to ask I guess XD

Oh, where are you going on holiday? Yeah that's true :3 I imagine uni'll be great as you're doing exactly what you want to do and you learn new things and it's spaced out etc etc :biggrin:
Yeah, Ishiguro :3 He wrote The Remains of the Day, which is his most famous one. Oh awesome XD Oooh, is the Kite Runner good? I've wanted to read it for a while... Though I suppose it must be if you're reading a book by the same author... and, ah i bet you'll enjoy that :biggrin:

Yeah :frown: My teacher did say that maybe I could put all my energy into english lit for oxford and maybe do an MA in psychology in literature or something something... that would be cool Ig uess. It is? We're emant to have started it by now and I haven't so I;m supers tressed T.T Oh really? Oh! Thank you, I had no idea of that at all XDDD Thanks for thea dvice :biggrin: Those entry profiles on UCAS are pretty good too.

I bet it is :biggrin: Didn't you want to go to a Spanish uni then?

Hopefully :biggrin: Planned out, whatcha doing?

Lol yeah it may be a bit cheeky to ask your family to pay you to babysit...

Well all my graduation class goes off to Mallorca for a week, it's a tradition!!!
Yes The Kite Runner is an amazing book!! I'd definitely recommend it to someone for reading... you should look it up if you don't have something to read, it's definitely worth it.

I guess what course you choose is really up to what you feel most comfortable with, but make sure if your aiming for Oxford even if you have an amazing application you may not get in, so make sure you love your other UCAS choices as well. I didn't like almost 3 of my 5 UCAS choices, so it would have sucked if i didn't get in to the other two!!!!
Yeah UCAS is really helpful, most people don't bother to to have a look around the website but it's actually really useful!! Be careful with the entry profiles though, for instance the one for the University of Kent had lower entry requirements on UCAS than it did on the uni's own website... and when i asked they said that their UCAS entry profile hadn't been updated yet...
Definitely start your personal statement soon, the longer you have to work on it the better it'll be. I felt a bit rushed with mine, there were a few late nights when i tried to complete my personal statement for my deadlines!!

Spanish university isn't as good for psychology as English uni's are. Psychology isn't really a big thing out here, you don't have the same career options afterwards at all!! Plus i wasn't really interested in doing my entire psychology degree in Spanish either...

Well i can never sleep on the night before, so i'm likely to be a bit of a mess come morning!! I've got my Edexcel pin so i can get 3/5 results on-line at around 6 o'clock i think, then i have to wait till around 9/10 to go to school and get the other 2 results. And all that time i'll probably be obsessively refreshing the UCAS page, even though i know we're not meant to :s-smilie:
Lol yeah it may be a bit cheeky to ask your family to pay you to babysit...

Well all my graduation class goes off to Mallorca for a week, it's a tradition!!!
Yes The Kite Runner is an amazing book!! I'd definitely recommend it to someone for reading... you should look it up if you don't have something to read, it's definitely worth it.

I guess what course you choose is really up to what you feel most comfortable with, but make sure if your aiming for Oxford even if you have an amazing application you may not get in, so make sure you love your other UCAS choices as well. I didn't like almost 3 of my 5 UCAS choices, so it would have sucked if i didn't get in to the other two!!!!
Yeah UCAS is really helpful, most people don't bother to to have a look around the website but it's actually really useful!! Be careful with the entry profiles though, for instance the one for the University of Kent had lower entry requirements on UCAS than it did on the uni's own website... and when i asked they said that their UCAS entry profile hadn't been updated yet...
Definitely start your personal statement soon, the longer you have to work on it the better it'll be. I felt a bit rushed with mine, there were a few late nights when i tried to complete my personal statement for my deadlines!!

Spanish university isn't as good for psychology as English uni's are. Psychology isn't really a big thing out here, you don't have the same career options afterwards at all!! Plus i wasn't really interested in doing my entire psychology degree in Spanish either...

Well i can never sleep on the night before, so i'm likely to be a bit of a mess come morning!! I've got my Edexcel pin so i can get 3/5 results on-line at around 6 o'clock i think, then i have to wait till around 9/10 to go to school and get the other 2 results. And all that time i'll probably be obsessively refreshing the UCAS page, even though i know we're not meant to :s-smilie:

Oh wow, that's awesome :biggrin: So all your classmates go together? And when are you going?
Well I don't think I'll never have anything to read dfor a while but I definitely will get it! I've only seen the movie O.o Which made me cry.

Yeah, I mean, I really lik ethe sound of UCL, Keele and I'll properly check them out over the summer ^)^ The UCL open day WAS today and I booked etickets but I couldn't go :frown: Oh really? :frown: Where else did you apply?
Yeah, I heard about things like that! And Durham just changed their entrance requirement to A*AA T.T but yeah good idea to keep checking on the uni's website, huh?
Yeah :biggrin: I just have so many other school things to finish before I can think about that! They;re meant to be iving us more time to do it though :frown: But yeah... Awh! But you did fine anyway :biggrin:

Urgj I bet you can't T.T But you'll be fine. What are the two you have to go to school for? will UCAS have your results on or if you'vde met your offer something? What is your offer? :O But seriously, I can see why you'd be that nervous, but you'll have done fine :biggrin:
Oh wow, that's awesome :biggrin: So all your classmates go together? And when are you going?
Well I don't think I'll never have anything to read dfor a while but I definitely will get it! I've only seen the movie O.o Which made me cry.

Yeah, I mean, I really lik ethe sound of UCL, Keele and I'll properly check them out over the summer ^)^ The UCL open day WAS today and I booked etickets but I couldn't go :frown: Oh really? :frown: Where else did you apply?
Yeah, I heard about things like that! And Durham just changed their entrance requirement to A*AA T.T but yeah good idea to keep checking on the uni's website, huh?
Yeah :biggrin: I just have so many other school things to finish before I can think about that! They;re meant to be iving us more time to do it though :frown: But yeah... Awh! But you did fine anyway :biggrin:

Urgj I bet you can't T.T But you'll be fine. What are the two you have to go to school for? will UCAS have your results on or if you'vde met your offer something? What is your offer? :O But seriously, I can see why you'd be that nervous, but you'll have done fine :biggrin:

Pretty much all my classmates are going, i think roughly 60ish out of about 70 are going this year. I'm off in a couple of hours actually and not back till the 10th :biggrin: What about you? Are you off anywhere this summer?
It's definitely a book worth checking out. I've seen the movie but i honestly don't remember it all that well, think i'll have to dig it out and watch it again!!

Ohh i loved UCL as well, but it was a little too close to home for me. Oh thats a shame that you missed the open day, how come? Most uni's are willing to accomodate you and give you a quick tour if you e-mail them, so you could do that in order to have a look over the summer...
I also applied to Nottingham (rejected), Brunel (accepted) and Southampton Solent (no idea why i applied, think i freaked out as to get in i had enough UCAS points from just my AS's....).
Yes keep an eye on the university website, as that'll have the most up-to-date information on it!!
Lol yeah i did fine, but i could have done without the stress!! But you shouldn't worry, you've still got all summer to do your personal statement and about a month or so after you start school to do it as well!! That's more than enough time :smile:

I have to go to school for AQA results, which is only psychology and english literature for me...
UCAS updates twice on results day, once at 6am and once again at noon. So if your account isn't updated at 6am then you need to collect your results and call your uni to double check...
My firm offer for Kent is AAB and my insurance offer for Reading is ABB.
I hope i do fine!! Lol, would love to get the grades for Kent. I completely fell in love with the university...
Pretty much all my classmates are going, i think roughly 60ish out of about 70 are going this year. I'm off in a couple of hours actually and not back till the 10th :biggrin: What about you? Are you off anywhere this summer?
It's definitely a book worth checking out. I've seen the movie but i honestly don't remember it all that well, think i'll have to dig it out and watch it again!!

Ohh i loved UCL as well, but it was a little too close to home for me. Oh thats a shame that you missed the open day, how come? Most uni's are willing to accomodate you and give you a quick tour if you e-mail them, so you could do that in order to have a look over the summer...
I also applied to Nottingham (rejected), Brunel (accepted) and Southampton Solent (no idea why i applied, think i freaked out as to get in i had enough UCAS points from just my AS's....).
Yes keep an eye on the university website, as that'll have the most up-to-date information on it!!
Lol yeah i did fine, but i could have done without the stress!! But you shouldn't worry, you've still got all summer to do your personal statement and about a month or so after you start school to do it as well!! That's more than enough time :smile:

I have to go to school for AQA results, which is only psychology and english literature for me...
UCAS updates twice on results day, once at 6am and once again at noon. So if your account isn't updated at 6am then you need to collect your results and call your uni to double check...
My firm offer for Kent is AAB and my insurance offer for Reading is ABB.
I hope i do fine!! Lol, would love to get the grades for Kent. I completely fell in love with the university...

Wow!!! Well I hope you have a safe nice flight and talk to you when you get back! Have a good time! Uhm, just Turkey quite possibly I don't really wanna go though.
Thre film is pretty good :3 i wouldn't know if it does the book justice though!

Too close to home huh? also uni in london I'm not sure if it'd be something I can afford... My mother gets paid for the hours she works, so if she missed work last Thursday, she would have missed out on a big paycheque, so yeah she coudn't take me :frown: Yeah, I plan to do that! I really wanna look at UCL :frown: and King's.
Yeah thanks for that :3 i'll just see and try to relax a little but not comp[letely. Oh wow really? XDD I love things like that, yay Ucas points. excited that school finishes next week though!

ah right :frown: are those the aqa subjects? ah bleh imagine if you forgot to call your uni! DX you will! I hope you get to go, you probably will :3 fell in love with it, huh? :biggrin:
Wow!!! Well I hope you have a safe nice flight and talk to you when you get back! Have a good time! Uhm, just Turkey quite possibly I don't really wanna go though.
Thre film is pretty good :3 i wouldn't know if it does the book justice though!

Too close to home huh? also uni in london I'm not sure if it'd be something I can afford... My mother gets paid for the hours she works, so if she missed work last Thursday, she would have missed out on a big paycheque, so yeah she coudn't take me :frown: Yeah, I plan to do that! I really wanna look at UCL :frown: and King's.
Yeah thanks for that :3 i'll just see and try to relax a little but not comp[letely. Oh wow really? XDD I love things like that, yay Ucas points. excited that school finishes next week though!

ah right :frown: are those the aqa subjects? ah bleh imagine if you forgot to call your uni! DX you will! I hope you get to go, you probably will :3 fell in love with it, huh? :biggrin:

Thank you! I had a great time, although i've come back with a horrible cold!! I'm now stuck in bed recovering, even my little brothers have come in to say 'sorry for your suffering', i have to admit i thought that was the cutest thing ever :smile:
Ohh Turkey, that sounds amazing. How come you don't want to go?

Yeah it was too close to home!!
Yeah, university in London will be more expensive than a lot of other places, but to be honest Kent is very expensive as well. I suppose that you could also take a look at accomodation prices whilst your researching uni's so that you have a rough idea of which ones would be more affordable for you.
It's not the best thing but you could go look at the university by yourself, or take a friend who is also considering that university if your mum can't make it... I only looked at one university with my parent's, the rest i went to by myself...

Ohh nice. So school will be over for the summer this week then? Any plans to celebrate?

Yep, psychology and eng lit are AQA subjects at my school. Hahaha, i think for your A2'a no one is going to forget about results day!!!
Hahaha, yes it sounds lame but i really did fall in love with it. Went to see the uni by myself but it was amazing, it was a sunny day as well which helped considering that Kent sits on 300 acres of greenland!! So i got to wander around and the town itself was also really cute... lol this sounds really strange but that's the best way i can describe it :s-smilie:
Thank you! I had a great time, although i've come back with a horrible cold!! I'm now stuck in bed recovering, even my little brothers have come in to say 'sorry for your suffering', i have to admit i thought that was the cutest thing ever :smile:
Ohh Turkey, that sounds amazing. How come you don't want to go?

Yeah it was too close to home!!
Yeah, university in London will be more expensive than a lot of other places, but to be honest Kent is very expensive as well. I suppose that you could also take a look at accomodation prices whilst your researching uni's so that you have a rough idea of which ones would be more affordable for you.
It's not the best thing but you could go look at the university by yourself, or take a friend who is also considering that university if your mum can't make it... I only looked at one university with my parent's, the rest i went to by myself...

Ohh nice. So school will be over for the summer this week then? Any plans to celebrate?

Yep, psychology and eng lit are AQA subjects at my school. Hahaha, i think for your A2'a no one is going to forget about results day!!!
Hahaha, yes it sounds lame but i really did fall in love with it. Went to see the uni by myself but it was amazing, it was a sunny day as well which helped considering that Kent sits on 300 acres of greenland!! So i got to wander around and the town itself was also really cute... lol this sounds really strange but that's the best way i can describe it :s-smilie:

Aw I'm glad you enjoyed it XD But that really sucks about the cold, if it makes you feel better I've been waking up with a cold for the past two weeks =/ Aw how old is he?
Well... it just strikes me as the place people wanna go... Kinda like Spain, they think they';re going somewhere foreign and exotic and beachy, wich they are, but like... they don;t care about the culture or anything and I don't think i'll get to do anything other than chill on the beach.

Yeah =/ I guess they're all qyuite expensive, I mean, I know London is generally the most expensive, but there isn;t a huge difference between that and many other places. I wish my friends were! Its also hard tog et there I guess cuz I live in the North and everywhere I wanna go is London way and my mom wants to visit them all with me... we just visited Oxford, and we're doing Keele and maybe a campus tour of UCL and King's during the summer :3

Yeah :biggrin: No plans to celebrate, my friends are lame and wanted to go home and sleep :biggrin: I just went shopping with my little sister XD But I have a wedding onj friday and I'm gonna start reading and EPQ and all asap :O I need to... I'm just glad I can relax :3

Lol XD itsa closer and closer, tis already mid july D= No it doesn't soujd lame! That sounds exactly what I felt when I was wondering around Oxford! XDD Aw no that sounds lovely XD The city of oxford is amazing, cuz everyhwere's rweally close to the libraries and shops and restaurants,but its so peaceful and the buildings are so old =D kent sounds lovely :biggrin:
Do you have a summer reading list or anything for psychology?
Aw I'm glad you enjoyed it XD But that really sucks about the cold, if it makes you feel better I've been waking up with a cold for the past two weeks =/ Aw how old is he?
Well... it just strikes me as the place people wanna go... Kinda like Spain, they think they';re going somewhere foreign and exotic and beachy, wich they are, but like... they don;t care about the culture or anything and I don't think i'll get to do anything other than chill on the beach.

Yeah =/ I guess they're all qyuite expensive, I mean, I know London is generally the most expensive, but there isn;t a huge difference between that and many other places. I wish my friends were! Its also hard tog et there I guess cuz I live in the North and everywhere I wanna go is London way and my mom wants to visit them all with me... we just visited Oxford, and we're doing Keele and maybe a campus tour of UCL and King's during the summer :3

Yeah :biggrin: No plans to celebrate, my friends are lame and wanted to go home and sleep :biggrin: I just went shopping with my little sister XD But I have a wedding onj friday and I'm gonna start reading and EPQ and all asap :O I need to... I'm just glad I can relax :3

Lol XD itsa closer and closer, tis already mid july D= No it doesn't soujd lame! That sounds exactly what I felt when I was wondering around Oxford! XDD Aw no that sounds lovely XD The city of oxford is amazing, cuz everyhwere's rweally close to the libraries and shops and restaurants,but its so peaceful and the buildings are so old =D kent sounds lovely :biggrin:
Do you have a summer reading list or anything for psychology?

Awww, i hope you feel better soon then!! I'm praying mine does not last for two weeks... nearly been a week and i'm bored sick of it.. haven't been able to do anything!! I have twin little brother's, they are 11 years old :biggrin: and so so sweet, well when they want to be!!! haha

Ohh, i'm pretty sure that'll depend on what area you go to. I mean if you visit the touristy areas of Spain year it won't be all that cultural, in fact it can often seem just like your in England... but if you visit less well known areas then there is tons of culture... maybe you could go to an area in Turkey which isn't known for being particularly touristy... at least that way it won't be all day on the beach...

Fair enough. You still have all summer though to go and visit, so i'm sure you'll have more than enough time to visit every uni you want too!!

Ohh shopping is always a good celebration!! Haha, i went shopping with my sister and friend straight after my last exam this year :smile: Did you buy anything good?
How old's your little sister?
Ohh, take a week or so off to relax first, you'll want to enjoy some time where you don't have to do anything at all before starting on everything you do need to get done this summer!!

Ohh Oxford sounds lovely. My friend went and really really liked it, unfortunately she only passed through the first 2/3 rounds and then was rejected on the final stage :frown:

There isn't a summer reading list for those arriving in September, but you can see the last years list, however there is no guarantee that the textbooks will stay the same... so i'm not sure exactly what to do :s-smilie:
Awww, i hope you feel better soon then!! I'm praying mine does not last for two weeks... nearly been a week and i'm bored sick of it.. haven't been able to do anything!! I have twin little brother's, they are 11 years old :biggrin: and so so sweet, well when they want to be!!! haha

Ohh, i'm pretty sure that'll depend on what area you go to. I mean if you visit the touristy areas of Spain year it won't be all that cultural, in fact it can often seem just like your in England... but if you visit less well known areas then there is tons of culture... maybe you could go to an area in Turkey which isn't known for being particularly touristy... at least that way it won't be all day on the beach...

Fair enough. You still have all summer though to go and visit, so i'm sure you'll have more than enough time to visit every uni you want too!!

Ohh shopping is always a good celebration!! Haha, i went shopping with my sister and friend straight after my last exam this year :smile: Did you buy anything good?
How old's your little sister?
Ohh, take a week or so off to relax first, you'll want to enjoy some time where you don't have to do anything at all before starting on everything you do need to get done this summer!!

Ohh Oxford sounds lovely. My friend went and really really liked it, unfortunately she only passed through the first 2/3 rounds and then was rejected on the final stage :frown:

There isn't a summer reading list for those arriving in September, but you can see the last years list, however there is no guarantee that the textbooks will stay the same... so i'm not sure exactly what to do :s-smilie:

Thanks :biggrin: I was fine over the weekend. but I just feel awful again today =/ How are you now? I hope you're better :biggrin: Wow, twins? are they identical? :O when they want to be XD Yeah.

I suppose it does... I hate acting like a tourist though, I mean like... walkinf around with your sunglasses and cameras and getting tourguides and all =/ but my family is like that so they'll force me to go to typical places I guess, but I just like getting lost and exploring. Plus Id rather go to Spain than Turkey cuz I wanna practise my Spanish XD yeah I could try.

Hopefully :biggrin: Nope, just some little things for my sister... she's 10, she can be quite stressful XD
Maybe thats a good idea, I'm too tired to doa nything really XD Been so buys this week.

So at interview? to be honest I bet I won't get very far either. what did she aply fior?

Oh really? Well do n't worry I don't think many people starting in september will have done much preparation then :O
Thanks :biggrin: I was fine over the weekend. but I just feel awful again today =/ How are you now? I hope you're better :biggrin: Wow, twins? are they identical? :O when they want to be XD Yeah.

I suppose it does... I hate acting like a tourist though, I mean like... walkinf around with your sunglasses and cameras and getting tourguides and all =/ but my family is like that so they'll force me to go to typical places I guess, but I just like getting lost and exploring. Plus Id rather go to Spain than Turkey cuz I wanna practise my Spanish XD yeah I could try.

Hopefully :biggrin: Nope, just some little things for my sister... she's 10, she can be quite stressful XD
Maybe thats a good idea, I'm too tired to doa nything really XD Been so buys this week.

So at interview? to be honest I bet I won't get very far either. what did she aply fior?

Oh really? Well do n't worry I don't think many people starting in september will have done much preparation then :O

I'm great now, all back to normal.. well almost, i still have a bit of a cough. Ohh that sucks :frown: I hope you feel better soon :smile:

Haha, yes twins. And no they're not identical, although most people think they do look identical, it takes a while to see the differences between them!!

Lol, yeah i can understand not wanting to look like a tourist!! Haha, yeah convince them to go to Spain instead. It's a great place to go on holiday too :biggrin:

Make sure to relax!!! My relaxing period is over i think, yesterday i sorted out all my school work from the last 4 years, it was a nightmare!! I'm trying to slowly sort out my stuff, i never realised exactly how many things i have :s-smilie:

She applied for geography. For her there were two stages, a submission of 2 pieces of written work, if that's accepted then you get an interview, then after the interview your either rejected or given an offer. In her case she was rejected after the interview. Did you know the interview at Oxford was for 3 days?! I thought that was excessively long...

Haha, yes i don't suppose many people will have done any preparation for uni, but i'd still like to do something. Otherwise i'll get to uni and it'll take me a couple of weeks to click back into a state of actually doing some school work... after all it'll be almost 3 months since the end of my A2 exams...
I'm great now, all back to normal.. well almost, i still have a bit of a cough. Ohh that sucks :frown: I hope you feel better soon :smile:

Haha, yes twins. And no they're not identical, although most people think they do look identical, it takes a while to see the differences between them!!

Lol, yeah i can understand not wanting to look like a tourist!! Haha, yeah convince them to go to Spain instead. It's a great place to go on holiday too :biggrin:

Make sure to relax!!! My relaxing period is over i think, yesterday i sorted out all my school work from the last 4 years, it was a nightmare!! I'm trying to slowly sort out my stuff, i never realised exactly how many things i have :s-smilie:

She applied for geography. For her there were two stages, a submission of 2 pieces of written work, if that's accepted then you get an interview, then after the interview your either rejected or given an offer. In her case she was rejected after the interview. Did you know the interview at Oxford was for 3 days?! I thought that was excessively long...

Haha, yes i don't suppose many people will have done any preparation for uni, but i'd still like to do something. Otherwise i'll get to uni and it'll take me a couple of weeks to click back into a state of actually doing some school work... after all it'll be almost 3 months since the end of my A2 exams...

Coughs are actually ridiculously annoying. But at least you're almost better.

Aw XD Do they like stick together and play together all thwe time?

Yeah :biggrin: Well the thing is they chose Turjey so they can eat halal food everywhere @_@ which is a bit of a fail reason but oh well.

From the last four years? @_@ so GCSEs and a-levels? that sounds like a huge amount of stuff =/ i still have all y gcse stuff DX

Ah... I think for english you have to do an exam, and submit written work, and of course statement, but then they decide to give you an interview and it can often be multiple interviews so... Yeah... they keep you sticking around in case they wanna offer y ou more interviews or people from other colleges wanna interview you.

Yeah XD I think it'll be like that for everyone.. everyone's trying to have as much fun as possible before studying I guess but I dunno, maybe just read up o n some of the topics?
Coughs are actually ridiculously annoying. But at least you're almost better.

Aw XD Do they like stick together and play together all thwe time?

Yeah :biggrin: Well the thing is they chose Turjey so they can eat halal food everywhere @_@ which is a bit of a fail reason but oh well.

From the last four years? @_@ so GCSEs and a-levels? that sounds like a huge amount of stuff =/ i still have all y gcse stuff DX

Ah... I think for english you have to do an exam, and submit written work, and of course statement, but then they decide to give you an interview and it can often be multiple interviews so... Yeah... they keep you sticking around in case they wanna offer y ou more interviews or people from other colleges wanna interview you.

Yeah XD I think it'll be like that for everyone.. everyone's trying to have as much fun as possible before studying I guess but I dunno, maybe just read up o n some of the topics?

Erm, they used to when they were younger but now that they're a bit older they tend to fight a lot although they do play with eachother a lot as well, so i guess it's just natural that they'd fight as well...

Lol, you can get halal food all over the UK as well!! Oh well, at least you get to go to another country for a holiday...

Yes it was a huge amount of stuff!! To be honest i threw away the majority of my GCSE stuff, i just can't think of a reason to keep it anymore. I kept most of my AS and A Level stuff, but again i can't think of why i would need it... i just couldn't bring myself to throw it away when i put so much work in to all of it!!!

A long process, but then again applying to university is a huge process anyways... Yeah that's what my friend said when i asked her about it too, but even then, 3 days seems excessive to me!!

Exactly what i think, i will try and do something once i've gotten my results, but who knows how successful that'll be?!
Erm, they used to when they were younger but now that they're a bit older they tend to fight a lot although they do play with eachother a lot as well, so i guess it's just natural that they'd fight as well...

Lol, you can get halal food all over the UK as well!! Oh well, at least you get to go to another country for a holiday...

Yes it was a huge amount of stuff!! To be honest i threw away the majority of my GCSE stuff, i just can't think of a reason to keep it anymore. I kept most of my AS and A Level stuff, but again i can't think of why i would need it... i just couldn't bring myself to throw it away when i put so much work in to all of it!!!

A long process, but then again applying to university is a huge process anyways... Yeah that's what my friend said when i asked her about it too, but even then, 3 days seems excessive to me!!

Exactly what i think, i will try and do something once i've gotten my results, but who knows how successful that'll be?!

I know some twins that don't really hang out at all and I dunno I just think twins are interesting XD ah really? i think they'll be cl ose as adults :O

I said that! But my mother said it'll be easier if you just know you can eat everything there...

Yeah... well my mum said keep everything for my younger siblings in case they need it =-/ but since specifications change all the time I didn't see the point... I kept GCSE stuff for the stuff I was taking to A-level i n a better condition :O yeah exactly! You spend two years doing this work and its just weird knowing its suddenly not important X_x

It is... at least they offer you accomodation for those 3 nights :biggrin:

Ah dont worry about it :biggrin: It'll be grand. and do you visit the uk regularly? :O
I know some twins that don't really hang out at all and I dunno I just think twins are interesting XD ah really? i think they'll be cl ose as adults :O

I said that! But my mother said it'll be easier if you just know you can eat everything there...

Yeah... well my mum said keep everything for my younger siblings in case they need it =-/ but since specifications change all the time I didn't see the point... I kept GCSE stuff for the stuff I was taking to A-level i n a better condition :O yeah exactly! You spend two years doing this work and its just weird knowing its suddenly not important X_x

It is... at least they offer you accomodation for those 3 nights :biggrin:

Ah dont worry about it :biggrin: It'll be grand. and do you visit the uk regularly? :O

Haha, twins aren't so interesting after living with them for 11 years and having another 3 sets of twins in your year at school... lol

I kept a couple of text books, like my Spanish ones because my brothers will do their GCSE's and A Levels in it early so it could be useful... but everything else i pretty much threw away. The courses change way too much for it to be of any use in like 5 years... plus they probably won't do the same exam boards as me, or even the same subjects...

Yepp they do offer accomodation, lol

Yeah i visit London about 3/4 times a year if there are no emergencies or anything, this year it's been a lot less because my family have taken to coming out here and i've been trying not to go away at holidays so i can study.. god that sounds lame... haha
Haha, twins aren't so interesting after living with them for 11 years and having another 3 sets of twins in your year at school... lol

I kept a couple of text books, like my Spanish ones because my brothers will do their GCSE's and A Levels in it early so it could be useful... but everything else i pretty much threw away. The courses change way too much for it to be of any use in like 5 years... plus they probably won't do the same exam boards as me, or even the same subjects...

Yepp they do offer accomodation, lol

Yeah i visit London about 3/4 times a year if there are no emergencies or anything, this year it's been a lot less because my family have taken to coming out here and i've been trying not to go away at holidays so i can study.. god that sounds lame... haha

Lol thats a lot of twins XD ah my mom made me keep all my latin stuff cuz she wants to learn it again? She'll never get round to that. And ohhh I see :O thats what I thought but I still have it anyway =/ yeah thats probably what will happen but I don't like knowing how much work I put into it just for it to be useless after the exam =/

Awesome :biggrin: Oh I see so your parents and stuff live in England? Oh no it doesn't sound lame, but very sensible XD so what are you up to these days?
Lol thats a lot of twins XD ah my mom made me keep all my latin stuff cuz she wants to learn it again? She'll never get round to that. And ohhh I see :O thats what I thought but I still have it anyway =/ yeah thats probably what will happen but I don't like knowing how much work I put into it just for it to be useless after the exam =/

Awesome :biggrin: Oh I see so your parents and stuff live in England? Oh no it doesn't sound lame, but very sensible XD so what are you up to these days?

Yeah i think that the lot of twins are a Spanish thing, the only twins i knew in London were my brothers, here i know so many pairs of twins it's unbelievable!!

Hahaha i know what you mean, my mum has kept my sister's harp and all her harp books because she wants to learn to play it... she's been wanting to learn for about 4 years.. pretty sure it'll never actually happen as well!! :s-smilie:

Exactly!! We put so much work into all those books that to just throw them away seems kind of sad and annoying, lol, not sure if that's the word i want to use but can't think of how else to describe it!!

Erm, my family is split between London and Valencia, half of us are in one country and half of us are in the other and we just travel to each other often. It sounds wierd but it's just worked out that way, lol, it wasn't planned to happen...

I've not been up to much, we've had family friends come to visit us in Spain and my cousin just arrived this morning. So mostly i've just spent time at home hanging out and relaxing. It's also my birthday this sunday so i've been planning that as well. What about you?
Yeah i think that the lot of twins are a Spanish thing, the only twins i knew in London were my brothers, here i know so many pairs of twins it's unbelievable!!

Hahaha i know what you mean, my mum has kept my sister's harp and all her harp books because she wants to learn to play it... she's been wanting to learn for about 4 years.. pretty sure it'll never actually happen as well!! :s-smilie:

Exactly!! We put so much work into all those books that to just throw them away seems kind of sad and annoying, lol, not sure if that's the word i want to use but can't think of how else to describe it!!

Erm, my family is split between London and Valencia, half of us are in one country and half of us are in the other and we just travel to each other often. It sounds wierd but it's just worked out that way, lol, it wasn't planned to happen...

I've not been up to much, we've had family friends come to visit us in Spain and my cousin just arrived this morning. So mostly i've just spent time at home hanging out and relaxing. It's also my birthday this sunday so i've been planning that as well. What about you?

Really? I never knew that twins were more common in Spain than here... that's very interesting, I wonder why.

How cool or unique would it be to say 'I play the harp =D' though XD But yeah... can you play any instruments? i remember ever since i was little my mom was like, i'll get you guitar/piano lessons! but it never happened XD

Yeah :frown: and like, all the work you've done comes down to maybe a couple of hours in an exam. just a bit annoying.

That interesting :biggrin: And it sounds pretty cool to me actually, its an excuse to go all these places :biggrin: Oh that's nice :biggrin: is it fun with all your family members? And yeah that sounds good :biggrin: oh your birthdays soon? Well happy happy birthday! I hope you have a lovelt day :biggrin: Are you gonna havew a party? not really, just went to a theme park yesterday and cleaninf the house today :O fun.
Really? I never knew that twins were more common in Spain than here... that's very interesting, I wonder why.

How cool or unique would it be to say 'I play the harp =D' though XD But yeah... can you play any instruments? i remember ever since i was little my mom was like, i'll get you guitar/piano lessons! but it never happened XD

Yeah :frown: and like, all the work you've done comes down to maybe a couple of hours in an exam. just a bit annoying.

That interesting :biggrin: And it sounds pretty cool to me actually, its an excuse to go all these places :biggrin: Oh that's nice :biggrin: is it fun with all your family members? And yeah that sounds good :biggrin: oh your birthdays soon? Well happy happy birthday! I hope you have a lovelt day :biggrin: Are you gonna havew a party? not really, just went to a theme park yesterday and cleaninf the house today :O fun.

Lol, i'm not sure if they're more common in Spain in general, or if it's just where i live!! lol

I used to be able to play a few instruments, i did both piano and violin when i was younger and in school we had to do recorder as well... i hated it to be honest, but my sister was super good at music (she did piano, harp and flute) so my parents thought i would like it too.

It's more than a bit annoying!! But nothing we can do to change it.. except choose subjects where theres coursework... haha

Thank you :biggrin: I had a great day!! Not really a party, we had a family barbaque and i'll probably celebrate with my friends in September once we're all in the same country again!!

Ohh theme park.. nice! Cleaning sucks, although i've also been doing a bunch of that... :frown:
What have you been up to these last couple of days?

I'm off to Morocco on tuesday for awhile, so my replies will take forever!! Sorry :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending