The Student Room Group

Accounting Finance at LSE or Metals and Energy Finance at Imperial?

Hi guys,

I'm holding offers for both the MSc Accounting and Finance programme at LSE and the MSc Metals and Energy Finance programme at Imperial.

I know that many of you would probably point out that LSE has a better international reputation and therefore I should choose LSE, but to me the programme at Imperial feels more rounded as it would allow me to go into mining/energy sector as well as into the traditional finance sector.

Has anyone done the Metals and Energy Finance at Imperial programme? What was it like? Would you recommend it?
Of course I would highly appreciate some insight info on the Accounting and Finance programme as well!

Which degree would would you go for?

Thanks for all of your help in advance

Best,
Fin2011
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
they're both v good, so do what you feel you'll enjoy most/most interests you
Reply 3
Imperial is also well-known all around the world but I agree that LSE has a slightly better reputation in business, social sciences and Imperial in quantitative subjects.
In the Uk they are on par...
Those two masters cover 2 utterly different subjects so it depends, but I think that Imperial is more industry oriented and practical than LSE

Good Luck
Reply 4
That's what I call a good dilemma.
Reply 5
Hi all,

First, congrads on the offers. I realize its been a while since the thread was started but I have a question for Fin2011 and would appreciate some help.

I am also targeting these two degrees and I was wondering how you found the application process, what background you had and in the end - which programme did you chose and now that you are half ways through, how do you find it? In short - how hard was it to get in and what was you experience afterwards...?

Many thanks :smile:
Reply 6
what would u want to work as? Commodities trading, or working at commodities or oil companies, the metals and energy one will give u an edge.

if u want to work in IB (M&A), etc, then go for the accounting n finance one.

school aside, these 2 programs r very different. its like u asking me oxford law or imperial medicine better. it depends on wat u want to do next time...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending