The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College MSc Finance Video Interview

Hello guys, I have a video interview with Imperial for the MSc Finance. Has anyone done it?

Any help will be appreciated x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Got one equally.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by 80tek
Got one equally.

Good luck 80tek! Do you have any information that can be helpful?
Reply 3
hey, if any of you guys have already submitted the video assignment, can you share any questions or what type of questions are asked?
Original post by VishalS7
hey, if any of you guys have already submitted the video assignment, can you share any questions or what type of questions are asked?

Introduce yourself; Give an example of a short-term goal; Write an email to the company you had just received an internship; How macroeconomics affects the finance industry?
Thanks a lot for the questions. I just submitted my assignment. I think I botched it. If it’s of any help, these were the questions asked: introduce yourself; what are you goals in life and what are you doing to achieve them; talk about an out of classroom teamwork experience and what you learnt from it; do companies like Google and Apple have a duty to pay more tax; talk about a time you faced failure and how did you recover; write an email to a manager you received an internship offer from taking into consideration that you’re awaiting a response from your first choice internship

Also, can any of you guys tell me what I should if I forgot to display my Government ID at the end of the first question?

This almost happened to me as well. You should write them an email about this situation. Probably they will ask you to send them a photo of you holding the passport or just the passport. It’s a common issued and they should have a solution for it.
Reply 6
Original post by Jeffry289
This almost happened to me as well. You should write them an email about this situation. Probably they will ask you to send them a photo of you holding the passport or just the passport. It’s a common issued and they should have a solution for it.

Thanks for the response Jeffry. Have mailed them already. Hopefully they’ll respond soon.
Mind if I ask what your profile is? And are you applying to other schools as well?
Reply 7
Hello, did any of you get a reply?
Reply 8
Hey there, haven’t got a reply yet, I guess 24th is the earliest Imperial will respond. Given the coronavirus situation, I believe it’s likely that it can get delayed further. Are any of you guys international students and wondering how it will impact the 20/21 applicants in terms of teaching/getting UK tier 4 visa?
Reply 9
Completed my Kira in 28 Feb - yet to hear anything. Well, they could at least notify if I have been rejected. Waiting for so long -upto 24th and then facing a rejection would be so hurtful. What is your profile Vishal?
Hey there, haven’t got a reply yet, I guess 24th is the earliest Imperial will respond. Given the coronavirus situation, I believe it’s likely that it can get delayed further. Are any of you guys international students and wondering how it will impact the 20/21 applicants in terms of teaching/getting UK tier 4 visa?

Hi, Lawrence from Imperial here-
You can find all the latest information regarding Covid-19 and Imperial: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/about/covid-19/. There are some specific FAQs for applicants and offer holders toward the bottom of the page.
Hi has anyone else had a video interview for the next entry round? If so do you mind sharing what questions you had?
Anyone got an offer?
Yeah got an email with an offer a few hours ago. Did you?
Original post by Mohammed278

What programme?
For the MSc Finance course

Original post by Jeffry289
What programme?

Yeah got an offer for MSc Finance.
Are you accepting it?
Original post by anonymous2410
Yeah got an offer for MSc Finance.
Are you accepting it?

Not sure atm to be honest. I want to see if I get any scholarships or grants from imperial but I haven’t heard anything yet. They said that they would take into consideration whether or not I’m eligible for any scholarships, so will they let me know now that I have an offer or should they have let me know before? Otherwise I’ll have to fund the full 35.9k through like a loan company :/. What about you?
Not sure atm to be honest. I want to see if I get any scholarships or grants from imperial but I haven’t heard anything yet. They said that they would take into consideration whether or not I’m eligible for any scholarships, so will they let me know now that I have an offer or should they have let me know before? Otherwise I’ll have to fund the full 35.9k through like a loan company :/. What about you?

Im waiting for LBS MFA and LSE MSc Finance.
What are your stats and where else did you apply?
Best of luck! Hopefully you get the scholarship.
Original post by anonymous2410
Im waiting for LBS MFA and LSE MSc Finance.
What are your stats and where else did you apply?
Best of luck! Hopefully you get the scholarship.

Graduated from Lancaster with a maths degree, got a first. Was going to apply to LSE too but they strongly recommend you have GMAT for all applicants and I decided to do the masters quite late so don’t think I would have had time to get everything together for it. Thanks mate hopefully you get both LBS and LSE too, what are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending