The Student Room Group

Manchester vs Durham

Hi i'm applying for Accounting and Finance for my undergrad this year. I have picked out 4 choices already and left with my final decision. I like the courses at both Manchester and Durham, but what confuses me is that the entry requirements are different, AAA and AAB. Does this mean that Durham is less reputable for their Accounting and Finance course? What would employers think about the two unis as a whole? (I want to go into IB btw) Any inputs would be appreciated.
Durham didn't used to offer any business or management courses until they bought up a small college in stockton and introduced them as a widening access course. They've moved to courses into Durham city campus now but they're still relatively new in university terms.

Neither Durham or Manchester have reputations for treating their applicants or students particularly well. What are your other 4 choices?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Durham didn't used to offer any business or management courses until they bought up a small college in stockton and introduced them as a widening access course. They've moved to courses into Durham city campus now but they're still relatively new in university terms.

Neither Durham or Manchester have reputations for treating their applicants or students particularly well. What are your other 4 choices?

I picked out LSE, KCL, Warwick, and Imperial for their new Economics, Finance, Data Science course and Manchester or Durham will be my safety. I'm applying for entry in 2024 btw so no offers yet.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending