The Student Room Group

Naruto Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cool_JordH
Yeah, this is why I challenged Mei cause we haven't seen too much of her and I'm positive and regret saying, we won't be seeing much of her in the future what so ever! They seem to put all the female characters in the background and all the male characters at the front which really annoys me!

Do you think Konan is? I mean I do too, but how would she pan out against Mei for example?

Sorry i took a while to get back to you :frown:

It's difficult to say, because we'll be thinking hypothetically about their battle with what we know about them. We've seen Konan in combat enough to get a good feel of her power, whereas we've only seen Mei fight against Sasuke until an interruption.

Mei can do earth, water and fire. Her Lava and boil release is evidently very strong since both managed to melt the ribcage of Sasuke's susanoo. Also, she is unaffected by the mist of the boil release. Best offense: lava and boil release. Best defense: forming mist

Konan can convert to paper enabling her to disperse and transport herself with ease (very similar to Gaara's sand). Using her paper she can turn them into shurikens, arrows etc and asphyxiate her opponent. It might not seem like much but her paper isn't affected by water so much, although oil is found to have significant difficulties unfolding them. Under her belt she has the paper chakram which are fast spinning discs that chase the opponent causing a good impact. Best offense: what looked like the paper version of the red sea parting when fighting against Obito. Best defense: transforming into paper.

Mei's water nature will be fairly pointless on Konan, leaving her unaffected. I reckon Mei will have the upper hand if they're not far from each other, in a confined area, because of her fire powers. Konan's main defense is turning into paper and transporting herself, so if she is a confined space with Mei she's got very little chance of success when Mei blasts her lava or boil release. But then again, Konan could corner Mei and give her a buttload of paper cuts, sprinkle some salt then strangle her to death xD obviously, I mean that in jest because Mei could burn those paper shurikens. On the typical battle feild (woods, forest etc), I'd say Konan has the advantage because of her paper chakram and that gaint paper splitting technique. I guess Mei can form mists, but that won't help much since Konan can implant those little bombs in her papers and produce an unlimited amount, so Mei will be found eventually. Mei can do either lava or boil release, but I don't know how effective it will be with a long range battle against Konan.

I suppose who will win depends on the environment (long or short range, confined), and we're yet to learn more about Mei (though I doubt we'll see much of her) so she might have something that's really awesome. But with what we know so far, I'm gonna say Konan's the most powerful between them.
Original post by Splenge007

I suppose who will win depends on the environment (long or short range, confined), and we're yet to learn more about Mei (though I doubt we'll see much of her) so she might have something that's really awesome. But with what we know so far, I'm gonna say Konan's the most powerful between them.

Thanks for that detailed response! Generally got excited (not in that way :wink:) reading what you put!!

I also agree with Mei's water style attacks, it would be most unaffected to Konan. Also, when Jiraiya used fire style on Konan, she put up a good defense with her paper. But I guess it depends on the power the attack (i.e natural fire style users like maybe the Uchiha Clan).

But yeah, I would say Konan is most powerful! Just a shame to see her taken out so early! At least revive the bitch gosh!! :P
Original post by Cool_JordH
Thanks for that detailed response! Generally got excited (not in that way :wink:) reading what you put!!

I also agree with Mei's water style attacks, it would be most unaffected to Konan. Also, when Jiraiya used fire style on Konan, she put up a good defense with her paper. But I guess it depends on the power the attack (i.e natural fire style users like maybe the Uchiha Clan).

But yeah, I would say Konan is most powerful! Just a shame to see her taken out so early! At least revive the bitch gosh!! :P

Glad you enjoyed it :biggrin: I worried about boring people

Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Konan is unaffected by fire style, too! I suppose an Uchiha girl might be the most powerful by beating Konan, because theirs in natural, but then again, Mei's fire nature is kekkai genkai which might have a different effect on Konan's papers compared to the effect Pervy-Sage's fire style had?

Haha, yeah, I'm quite disappointed that characters like Jairaya and Konan didn't get revived, especially Jaraiya. :sad:
You quoted me on a post I made years ago. Things changed since then, I now completely gave up on the anime and follow the manga rarely
New chapter's out! :woo: Gonna go read it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Turns out it's actually Tuesday, not Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 986
Turns out it's actually Tuesday, not Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Getting a bit over-excited :tongue:
Original post by xDave-
Getting a bit over-excited :tongue:

:colondollar: last one was pretty exciting!

Next time I'll check before I make a post like that xD save myself the embarrassment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 988
New chapter's out! :woo: Gonna go read it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You made me think there was an easy release :puppyeyes:
Original post by Idle
You made me think there was an easy release :puppyeyes:

Sorry, I disappointed myself, too :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 990
No new chapter today. Ughhhhhhh.
Original post by xDave-

Thanks for the heads up. I'd rather the bad news from here than on mangareader.net

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xDave-

Maybe it will come out tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
Maybe it will come out tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, Shonen Jump wasn't released because of some festival in Japan. It'll probably come out early next week though, Monday/Tuesday. Usually does when there hasn't been a release the previous week :smile:
Damn, go on to mangareader and no one piece or Naruto.... Why? After I was getting into Naruto as well. Ever since Neji..... Well I hated it. I LOVE Naruto again, before he was so whiny. God when he was like dont diss my dad I teared up fam. So emotional. :biggrin:
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Damn, go on to mangareader and no one piece or Naruto.... Why?

There's a festival going on in Japan. :tongue:

God when he was like dont diss my dad I teared up fam. So emotional. :biggrin:

Haha, love how the wording and content are oxymoronic :rofl: +1 when I get on desktop :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 996
So inconsiderate of them, do they not know there are students in the UK who need a distraction before results :colonhash:

Ah well, it's not one of the 2 week breaks is it? :sigh:
Original post by Idle
So inconsiderate of them, do they not know there are students in the UK who need a distraction before results :colonhash:

Maybe the fanbase here is small. We might need to shout louder!

Bloody hope not. Find out? :ninja:

Best of luck for tomorrow BTW :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Idle

Naruto is out!!!!
Reply 999
Original post by keromedic
Naruto is out!!!!

Ooh a birthday treat :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending