The Student Room Group

Book quotes

Hi everyoneeee. I was sat here procrastinating my studying and thought why not have a thread where we just add random book quotes that we like? I'm censoring any names in case someone wants to read the book and I dont want to ruin it.

"Because the scars are the what everyone seems to see first when they look upon me,"

"I don't think that's the first thing ...... Not before, and defiantly not now"

[ The crown of gilded bones]
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

“For you a thousand times over”- The kite runner

Such a fabulous book, the quote sounds like a love story/romance but the book is so much more beautiful
Reply 2
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
“For you a thousand times over”- The kite runner

Such a fabulous book, the quote sounds like a love story/romance but the book is so much more beautiful
omds stop that is so prettyyyy. Im gonna add it too my list to read
Reply 3
"I will kill anyone who harms you, I will kill them and take a damn long time doing it. Go ahead,
hare me- despise me for it"
[ A court of mist and fury]
"Two households both alike in dignity
In fair Verona where we lay our scene
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean."
I actually have memorized this part. and feel free to take a guess as to where that's from
Reply 5
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
"Two households both alike in dignity
In fair Verona where we lay our scene
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean."
I actually have memorized this part. and feel free to take a guess as to where that's from
romeo and juiliet begginingggg.
Original post by Tatakae L
Hi everyoneeee. I was sat here procrastinating my studying and thought why not have a thread where we just add random book quotes that we like? I'm censoring any names in case someone wants to read the book and I dont want to ruin it.

"Because the scars are the what everyone seems to see first when they look upon me,"

"I don't think that's the first thing ...... Not before, and defiantly not now"

[ The crown of gilded bones]
yooo this is a brill idea for thread :woo:
time to transfer my screenshots here and save space xD

ps

Spoiler

The story was strange, yet I believed him. Keokotah did not lie. What he told me was what he saw, but what is it we see? Is it not often what we expect to see? Or imagine we see? He was frightened, so what part was reality and what part was imagination ? Sakim had taught me to be wary of evidence given by others, for in all evidence there is some interpretation. The eyes see, the mind explains. But does the mind explain correctly ? The mind only has what experience and education have given it, and perhaps that is not enough. because one has seen does not mean one knows.

-Jubal Sackett by Louis L'amour
Reply 8
Original post by inanotherlifeee

ps

Spoiler

bhaa yess, bc I have so many sc too and its rediculousss.
And idk what you mean by the second half lovey
Reply 9
this is acc insanely beautiful, as though we belive we are so clever and true but in reality our minds just function on what we know and not what we dont know.
Original post by inanotherlifeee

ps

Spoiler

Oh no I think the OP means she will censor the name of the character If mentioned in the quote not the name of the book :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Oh no I think the OP means she will censor the name of the character If mentioned in the quote not the name of the book :smile:
ahh yes exactly this. your such a star for knowing what they mean. I ment instead of the name just put like some dots or something so we dont get too much of a spolier, but the name of the book can be put down incase anyone wants to read it.
"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I love and admire you"

"Your family owe me nothing. Much as I respect them, I believe I only thought of you... If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me forever"

Both from my beloved Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
"A Small Edition: The Word Commmunist + a large bonfire + a collection of dead letters + the suffering of her mother + the death of her brother = The Fuhrer"

"A Small but Noteworthy Note: I've seen so many young men over the years who think they're running at other young men. They are not. They're running at me"

These two are from The Book Thief !
Reply 14
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I love and admire you"

"Your family owe me nothing. Much as I respect them, I believe I only thought of you... If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me forever"

Both from my beloved Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
your convinving me more and more to actually read it instead of it rotting on my shelf
Reply 15
Original post by Weirdking
"A Small Edition: The Word Commmunist + a large bonfire + a collection of dead letters + the suffering of her mother + the death of her brother = The Fuhrer"

"A Small but Noteworthy Note: I've seen so many young men over the years who think they're running at other young men. They are not. They're running at me"

These two are from The Book Thief !
I read this so long agooo. I need to re read it because it was so goodddd
Reply 16
"That truth is that monsters are real, and ghosts are real, too.
They live inside us, and sometimes they win."
[The shining]
Why does everyone have such profound quotes 😂
Reply 18
Original post by study23!
Why does everyone have such profound quotes 😂
IDKKK, me here with my fantasy romance book quotes. The only good one I acc have is the shining oneee.
Original post by Tatakae L
IDKKK, me here with my fantasy romance book quotes. The only good one I acc have is the shining oneee.
omg same girl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending