The Student Room Group

Favourite book you have read so far this year?

I cant believe it is almost April already! Really interested to har your thoughts on this.Mine would probably be Sing if you cant Dance by Alexia Casale
Children of Ruin by Adrian Tchaikovsky!!!
Original post by ebyrne2036
I cant believe it is almost April already! Really interested to har your thoughts on this.Mine would probably be Sing if you cant Dance by Alexia Casale

Unsafe by cathy glass
Reply 3
special cadet force by chris ryan
Oh very good, everybody would be interested to hear more about what they’re about! Always on the lookout for a recommendations lol
Original post by NameUserer
Children of Ruin by Adrian Tchaikovsky!!!

As coincidence would have it I've read quite a few of Tchaikovsky's books in the last year or so, including the Final Architecture trilogy and Dogs of War. I have Children of Time waiting to be read on my Kindle and a signed copy of Children of Memory sitting on my shelf. Really need to get round to reading it because I'm told it's his best work.

As for so far this year, mine has to be The Green Mile. I've seen the film so knew the plot and the twists, but even going in with that knowledge I thought the book was absolutely extraordinary. Stephen King has a reputation as a horror writer, but I just think he's flat-out one of the best writers and storytellers out there in any genre. I've rarely been properly emotionally hooked into a book the way that I was with the Green Mile, and again that was knowing what was going to happen. Exceptional book.
Her Majesty's Royal Coven by Juno Dawson!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending