The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SciFiBoy

hello fellow United fans :biggrin: I have made and will be updating throughout the season, a Manchester United 2011-2012 season Stats Tracker spreadsheet for people to view, it contains the following statistics;

Fixtures
Match Date
Match Time (UK)
TV Coverage (UK)
Match Competition
Match Opposition
Match Venue
Match Attendance
Match Result
Match Goalscorers (both United and opposition including time of goals)

Squad
Player Shirt Number
Player Name
Player Age
Player Position
Player Nationality
Month and Year Player joined United
Player total United career apperances and goals in all competitions
Player total United apperances and goals in 2011-2012 season all comeptitions
Player total United apperances and goals in 2011-2012 season Premiership only

if you would like any further data added that can be easily tracked and updated, please request it here, please also discuss anything relevant to this to keep the thread easily see-able and therefore also updatable.

to veiw the stats tracker spreadsheet, click on the link below

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Ah3GAYlK6abjdG42aVBLU2V5UEllU2JESWIwZ2M1bkE&output=html

stats for the first 3 pre season fixtures are already on there, will aim to update this after every game and with new fixtures as time goes on, if anyone has tv coverage details for games please let me know so it can be added in

Maybe minutes played, and if subbed on or off, who for.
Reply 1181
-

Great stuff. If you manage to update it throughout the season (although I understand if you don't) it'll be a great feature, saves going to other websites. Don't want to increase your workload too much but how about adding assists? Should be fairly simple to keep track of. Maybe yellow and red cards as well? Beyond that it's probably gonna be too much work. There are sites like this which keep track of shots on goal, offside, fouls committed, fouls suffered etc but getting all that into your spreadsheet would take forever. Similarly an average rating feature would be nice, taking one site which gives player ratings every game and working it out from that, but again it'd be so difficult to work it all out.

On the fixtures side of things maybe some of the stuff here, possession, fouls and stuff like that, could be used, but again don't give yourself too much to do. It'd be better to have what you have currently which you update for 30 games than a complex set of categories that means it gets ignored after 4 games. Could home games be red and away be blue? :ninja: Or whatever colours you want, it'd be nice to track the (probably vast :colonhash:) difference between our home and away form. A column with either W, D or L would help with clarity as well if you get to the stage where there are 20/25 games on it.

I'm sure people would give you a hand with it if you want or if it's even possible. Either ask Da Hopeful to put it in the OP, or because that's quite cluttered already i'll put it in the second post in the thread if you want.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14285602.stm

Man United chief David Gill targets one more signing

YAY!! :smile: I knew fergie was bluffing...fingers crossed :wink:
Reply 1183
I knew he'd bluff. Although my post that said Fergie isnt telling the truth got 2 negs :frown:
Original post by hayles101
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14285602.stm

Man United chief David Gill targets one more signing

YAY!! :smile: I knew fergie was bluffing...fingers crossed :wink:

Just realised this has already been discussed before in the last page..my bad! :redface:
Reply 1185
Ferguson didn't rule out a signing and Gill didn't confirm there will be one. They both just said there is someone they'd like to buy if they become available. From the sounds of it, the player is not available right now.
Reply 1186
Original post by xDave-
Ferguson didn't rule out a signing and Gill didn't confirm there will be one. They both just said there is someone they'd like to buy if they become available. From the sounds of it, the player is not available right now.

I'd argue the player(s) in question are very much available, but its just about haggling the price closer to the deadline and not being held randsom early on.
Reply 1187
Original post by newlife
I'd argue the player(s) in question are very much available, but its just about haggling the price closer to the deadline and not being held randsom early on.

Well, I'm assuming it's Modric who probably won't be available for about a year.
Reply 1188
Original post by xDave-
Well, I'm assuming it's Modric who probably won't be available for about a year.

Ah. I assumed Sneijder/Nasri.

Especially if Nasri, Wenger & co. may feel pressured to cash in at the last minute with a change of heart and pressure from Nasri and even players from our camp such as Evra.

I'd rather get neither of the above and go for Banega/Pastore, or give our current crop a go.

I'm not too into the whole ''lets beat Barca this season'' thing. We have a fantastic academy and it would be nice to see a legend that was born there be replaced by someone else from reserves.
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone else hoping Giggs stays for 2 more seasons in order to get 60 more games. I'd love to see him reach 1000 :party: (he's currently on 940)
(edited 12 years ago)
60 games is 30 a season I don't think he would get that, but then if he is on 960 that is only 40 games which is 20 games a season which is possible.

Fergie needs to keep bumming Modric, Evra needs to keep WUMming Nasri, Inter need to keep swapping managers, and Palermo need to sell for reasonable reasonable price.
Original post by doggyfizzel
60 games is 30 a season I don't think he would get that, but then if he is on 960 that is only 40 games which is 20 games a season which is possible.

Fergie needs to keep bumming Modric, Evra needs to keep WUMming Nasri, Inter need to keep swapping managers, and Palermo need to sell for reasonable reasonable price.

Now i think about it I'm not sure if its 940 or 960 :s-smilie:
Reply 1192
Original post by doggyfizzel

As long as their is demand for their talent, they will be price makers I guess. If we were truly interested in him we'd have to cough it up
For all my fellow Red Devils, this may help with the FF leagues.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/statto21.jpg
Original post by newlife
As long as their is demand for their talent, they will be price makers I guess. If we were truly interested in him we'd have to cough it up
Well the price is the price, but he is a 22 year old who has had one decent season in Serie A, yet is worth the kind of money you would expect for a world class player. You either have to have a lot of faith or a lot of money, probably both to consider him a good option above players like Hazard and Hamsik who are similar but more proven.
Reply 1195
Original post by VQG
He would at any other club, but not under the guidance of SAF.

I hope so, he seems a really good prospect from what I've seen of him. Would be a shame for a talented player to go to prison.
Hernandez in hospital for mild concussion. Enthusiastic nutter.
Original post by Arnie Pie In The Sky
Hernandez in hospital for mild concussion. Enthusiastic nutter.
Probably scoring with his face again
Reply 1198
Or Berbatov dropkicked him. Probably not the worst time of the season to lose him for, if he can't play against Arsenal we'd probably go 4-3-3 with Rooney as a lone striker, 3 CMs to disrupt their pretty passing and then two wingers to stretch the play and allow counter attacks. Our proven, Arsenal killing tactics. It'll be his international committments rather than his concussion that keeps him out though.

Berbatov (or Welbeck :teeth:) can fill in against West Brom 1st game, and then Spurs at home 3rd game if Chica's still out. International break after that for some recovery time.

Regarding Pastore, isn't he, more than Nasri or even Sneijder, pretty much incapable of playing as a CM in our system? If he moves to England it'll be to City or Chelsea who play 3 man midfields, giving Pastore more defensive cover. Haven't seen too much of him so I might be being unfair, even if I am he seems wildly overpriced anyway.

Should tempt Bayern with a £30mil bid for Schweinsteiger tbf :coma:
Reply 1199
Original post by Louis.
Or Berbatov dropkicked him. Probably not the worst time of the season to lose him for, if he can't play against Arsenal we'd probably go 4-3-3 with Rooney as a lone striker, 3 CMs to disrupt their pretty passing and then two wingers to stretch the play and allow counter attacks. Our proven, Arsenal killing tactics. It'll be his international committments rather than his concussion that keeps him out though.

Berbatov (or Welbeck :teeth:) can fill in against West Brom 1st game, and then Spurs at home 3rd game if Chica's still out. International break after that for some recovery time.

Regarding Pastore, isn't he, more than Nasri or even Sneijder, pretty much incapable of playing as a CM in our system? If he moves to England it'll be to City or Chelsea who play 3 man midfields, giving Pastore more defensive cover. Haven't seen too much of him so I might be being unfair, even if I am he seems wildly overpriced anyway.

Should tempt Bayern with a £30mil bid for Schweinsteiger tbf :coma:

I opted for Banega, not Pastore (if you were referring to my initial suggestion of skipping Sneijder and Nasri for him!)

EDIT: Also threw Pastore's name in, sorry!
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest