The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hasan4life
what des kholaveri mean? :headbang:

the food :yum: how many festivals do u guys celebrate?

Kholaveri di basically means angry girl...i think :redface:
Original post by jai_:)
Punjabi stuff is basically music to rave to :tongue: Never heard any south Indian stuff. Aah cool. Interesting!

Yea, no worries, take your time.

She's the opposite. She'll dance ANYWHERE where there is music. Whether it be at home, out shopping, on the street....shes rather obsessive about her dancing. And she practises anywhere as well! When it comes to parties and weddings, she's the one who the bride and groom love, as she gets everyone dancing! :tongue:

YEAh haha i love it!! :biggrin:

LOL yeah that sounds like the crazy Mahi i know. :tongue: haha I love dancing but I dont literally start dancing anywhere...maybe in dance studios, or in classrooms when i'm supposed to be practicing but never down the street, well i once started doing bhangra as part of a flashmob in the middle of birmingham :biggrin:
Mahi is so cool. :biggrin: damn tell her I miss her presence on the Indian society :frown:

Original post by tamil4
you love it really though ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdyC1BrQd6g

LOL yeah true :smile:
Original post by tamil4
Aaah, love Why this Kolaveri!! Yes Anirudhh's so good, I guess it's because he's young that he can produce the sorta songs young people are gonna like! He's realated to Dhanush, the guy that sung it.

hahaha.... my friend translated the lyrics made me laugh...:smile:
Original post by dreamer9501

Kholaveri means that you are dying to kill someone...
Reply 5983

YEAh haha i love it!! :biggrin:

LOL yeah that sounds like the crazy Mahi i know. :tongue: haha I love dancing but I dont literally start dancing anywhere...maybe in dance studios, or in classrooms when i'm supposed to be practicing but never down the street, well i once started doing bhangra as part of a flashmob in the middle of birmingham :biggrin:
Mahi is so cool. :biggrin: damn tell her I miss her presence on the Indian society :frown:

LOL yeah true :smile:

ha ha Siri, will let her kno. She is very cool. Shes so overwhelming when you first meet her. Just a bundle of energy or something :tongue:

You dance too? You pro?
No not really. I listen to most punjabi junk :tongue: Oh and hindi film tuneees :cool: You south Indian?

Go for it Siri!

With my best mate being a close to professional dancer, its hard to compare and actually call my dance moves 'dancing' :tongue:

I have a dilemna. Which type of bhangra is better; britasian (e.g Punjabi Mc - mundiyan de bach ke) or the good ol' North Indian?
Reply 5985
Original post by bhogs001
I have a dilemna. Which type of bhangra is better; britasian (e.g Punjabi Mc - mundiyan de bach ke) or the good ol' North Indian?

Old school PROPER punjabi. Although there are some good ol' British Punjabi tunees too!

britasian by far:tongue:
Original post by meera.28
Yup and somehow they manage to stay skinnier than us, most guys are probably more obsessed with their bodies than girls.

Yup that's true but it doesn't really happen much, well I think it doesn't but it probably does in proper parts of India where its like I dnno old time sort of stuff.

Haha I know what you mean, I've seen it quite a bit really, to be honest all the Indian words they know are the swear ones and they think by using that over and over again they can be cool with guys or girls. They somehow think that listening to our music is a bad thing etc when I don't see how it is :s-smilie:

Aww bidaai was sooo good though, awww so you like looking at designs etc?

I meant food, sorry talking to loads of people and don't really check what I'm typing :facepalm:

ugh i knowwww...so jealous. :frown: they can eat loads and somehow still have a high metabolism to keep them fairly thin. :redface:

yeaah, i think its just a problem in rural areas now. :smile:

ugh they anger me. :angry:

yeeeah it was awesome :biggrin: yeah lol i love looking at the clothes and the buildings...the houses are always amaaaaazing. but they seem to use the same house in everything now :redface:

Original post by coolcat2727
Kholaveri means that you are dying to kill someone...

ahh, just asked my dad, it means "a girl who's so angry she wants to kill someone" or something like that...difficult to translate into english.
ha ha Siri, will let her kno. She is very cool. Shes so overwhelming when you first meet her. Just a bundle of energy or something :tongue:

You dance too? You pro?

LOL i can imagine!! :biggrin: i love people like that though...they're so refreshing :biggrin:

yup i dance, but completely different styles to Mahi. I do a lot more indian styles :smile: well i used to be part of a dance company and stuff, and i'm dancing in the opening ceremony of the Olympics in july. wouldn't really call myself pro but i'm decent. :smile:
Reply 5988
LOL i can imagine!! :biggrin: i love people like that though...they're so refreshing :biggrin:

yup i dance, but completely different styles to Mahi. I do a lot more indian styles :smile: well i used to be part of a dance company and stuff, and i'm dancing in the opening ceremony of the Olympics in july. wouldn't really call myself pro but i'm decent. :smile:

Ha, so do i :tongue:

Oh right. Yea she does all the contempory stuff. Impressive stuff! WOW, olympics? Thats pretty awesome.

Guess most people who are friends with someone like her have to be opposites, otherwise personalities would clash, no? :tongue:
Ha, so do i :tongue:

Oh right. Yea she does all the contempory stuff. Impressive stuff! WOW, olympics? Thats pretty awesome.

Guess most people who are friends with someone like her have to be opposites, otherwise personalities would clash, no? :tongue:

Yeaah...i love contemporary too but just never got round to learning it. :redface:
haha thanks :smile: i cant wait!!! we haven't even properly started rehearsing though which is really worrying :redface: but litr cannot wait!!! :biggrin:

Lol no i dont always think thats true you know...like they say opposites attract, yeah true to an extent, but its not exactly like similar people dont get on...I get on well with people who have similar interests/personality to me...just means there's more to talk about, no?? :tongue:
Looool....i think nearly every asian race has got their own society...no1 goes on the asian society anymore...
Looool....i think nearly every asian race has got their own society...no1 goes on the asian society anymore...

didnt even know there was an asian society :confused:
Reply 5992
Yeaah...i love contemporary too but just never got round to learning it. :redface:
haha thanks :smile: i cant wait!!! we haven't even properly started rehearsing though which is really worrying :redface: but litr cannot wait!!! :biggrin:

Lol no i dont always think thats true you know...like they say opposites attract, yeah true to an extent, but its not exactly like similar people dont get on...I get on well with people who have similar interests/personality to me...just means there's more to talk about, no?? :tongue:

Just looks so hard. Dancers are just so amazing to watch :colondollar:

Good luck anyways!

I meant someone as flamboyant as mahi needs people who can 'deal with her' :tongue:
She's so hyper and busy that someone just like her could mean a clash. I admit loads of my mates have similar interests and attributes to me!
Just looks so hard. Dancers are just so amazing to watch :colondollar:

Good luck anyways!

I meant someone as flamboyant as mahi needs people who can 'deal with her' :tongue:
She's so hyper and busy that someone just like her could mean a clash. I admit loads of my mates have similar interests and attributes to me!

haha I agree...except i hate watching myself. Guess when you grow up dancing you just get used to it...becomes second nature, when you hear music you automatically start choreographing steps in your head. :smile:

ahh i understand :smile: kinda need a neutralizing person :tongue:
Reply 5994
haha I agree...except i hate watching myself. Guess when you grow up dancing you just get used to it...becomes second nature, when you hear music you automatically start choreographing steps in your head. :smile:

ahh i understand :smile: kinda need a neutralizing person :tongue:

Wow, you're the opposite to mahi! She loves to watch back old videos.

Right, i think i'm off to sleep. Got a long day ahead :frown:
goodnight :smile:

Britasian by far! RDB, Juggy D, Rishi Rich, Hunterz...thats like the cream of the crop :rock:
didnt even know there was an asian society :confused:

neither did I .... I just clicked on this random thing...

Oh my, TSR has changed. As far as I remember people hardly ever went on even the Asian society...now there's a freaking gujju society :rolleyes:
Original post by The_Timepasser
Oh my, TSR has changed. As far as I remember people hardly ever went on even the Asian society...now there's a freaking gujju society :rolleyes:

hahahaa... lol... Now thats just strange no offence... coz it's just like making a panjabi society and a tamil society.
ugh i knowwww...so jealous. :frown: they can eat loads and somehow still have a high metabolism to keep them fairly thin. :redface:

yeaah, i think its just a problem in rural areas now. :smile:

ugh they anger me. :angry:

yeeeah it was awesome :biggrin: yeah lol i love looking at the clothes and the buildings...the houses are always amaaaaazing. but they seem to use the same house in everything now :redface:

Aww yup but they do so much sports and stuff too which is really good.

Awww to be honest after you get to uni you don't really bother with them or meet them, its weird how I haven't met anyone like that in my course :s-smilie:

Aww lol they really are they're so pretty, it makes it look better than the ones here, how do they even look after a house so big.

Latest