The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University

How many South Asians are there at Lancaster University ? How diverse are their popular course such as BSc management ?
This question is not to offend anyone. I would just like to know how diverse is the class. Please I request you don't provide me some statistics and tell me the reality.
Original post by Anonymous
How many South Asians are there at Lancaster University ? How diverse are their popular course such as BSc management ?
This question is not to offend anyone. I would just like to know how diverse is the class. Please I request you don't provide me some statistics and tell me the reality.

A lot of unis publish diversity data on their websites:

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/edi/understand-edi-data/
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Hi there!!

One thing I found really cool about lancaster was the diverse range of people who go there! I can't talk about individual classes, but I noticed we had quite a big international student population from all over the world, as well as being an exchange uni for partner universities overseas. I now literally have friends from all over the world. We have so many different cultural societies as well to get involved with, so in my experience, I found it a diverse university.

Hope that helps
Kat

Hey!
I am Indian and based off my 2 years at Lancaster I can safely tell you that there are a lot of South Asians along with a lot of societies to help them mingle. There are loads of events that held to help you befriend more south asians if you are interested. I would say most of the undergrad south asian community is UK based. As in there are loads of international students as well but I would say I have met more from UK than international.
But both are equally friendly and fun to befriend!

I would suggest you take a look at the society insta pages - it will give you an idea about the kind of events they host + the amount of people that attend them etc. If you type up "LUindian/LUpakistani/LUtamil" etc, the society pages should pop up.

I hope this helps :smile:

Vyomika(Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending