The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lemmethinkaboutit
Hahaha, thats true. :smile:

Yeah, I do. My dad just got some PC server and connected it to my tv. Its really conveniant, and my tv's big so its nice to watch movies/shows on it. :P
Do you watch Jhalak Dikhlaaja? (I think my spelling's wrong :P)

:tongue:

impressive :redface: yeh i can imagine, that seems pretty cool, lolol yeh big screens are the best :redface:
nah, i dont really watch many serials, i end up getting hooked to some because i sit downstairs with my laptop infront of the tv while my mum is watching haha :tongue:
Original post by Indian_Prince

impressive :redface: yeh i can imagine, that seems pretty cool, lolol yeh big screens are the best :redface:
nah, i dont really watch many serials, i end up getting hooked to some because i sit downstairs with my laptop infront of the tv while my mum is watching haha :tongue:

Yupp! They are! :biggrin:

Oh, hahaha, doesn't that happen to us all? :P

Recently my mom has been coming back from work and watching this cliche serial which she says is nice. Its funny for me because she's always been against all those saas-bahu serials but suddenly she's watching this because her friend said its good. :/

Where are you from btw? I'm from Singapore. :smile:
Reply 9382
how is everyone spending their holidays?? im a bit bored now lol...any ideas of what bollywood movies i should watch??? what are your favourites??? thanksssss
Yupp! They are! :biggrin:

Oh, hahaha, doesn't that happen to us all? :P

Recently my mom has been coming back from work and watching this cliche serial which she says is nice. Its funny for me because she's always been against all those saas-bahu serials but suddenly she's watching this because her friend said its good. :/

Where are you from btw? I'm from Singapore. :smile:

mhm yeh i guess it does :redface:

haha your mum is a hypocrit :tongue: lol joking, its just how it is, you just get addicted to wanting to know what is going to happen next :tongue: lolol well i guess it gives them something to talk about too :tongue:

im from england :smile: thats pretty cool, hows the weather there? :redface:
Original post by Raj K
how is everyone spending their holidays?? im a bit bored now lol...any ideas of what bollywood movies i should watch??? what are your favourites??? thanksssss

hey, well it aint my holiday :redface: nah id just say 3 idiots lol :tongue:
maybe i wasnt joking.... :tongue:

yeh hard work is the best way to go, people in india just think that we over here have it good and that we're all super rich but they dont understand how hard we have to work for the luxuries we have here :redface: mhm yeh true, the rich are always going to get richer, but it's always great to see someone making something of themselves from nothing and thats the type of person that can make a huge different, just need more of them :redface:

thats good to hear :tongue: yeh the weather sucks, it keeps raining here too! :frown: im good, back to work again.... arghh lol :tongue:

If you weren't joking, then...I shall punch you!

Defo, hate it when people from India assume that were SUPER rich, and have ferrari's and God knows what else, just 'cos Papa has settled in the UK. Heaps of Indians have that stupid mentality!

I know. Want the rain to stop. We deserve some proper summer.
Reply 9386
hey, well it aint my holiday :redface: nah id just say 3 idiots lol :tongue:

hey thanks (: well when you do have holidays..enjoy! :biggrin:
mhm yeh, try it every day for the next year and then youll be about 1/4 of the way to feeling like me :tongue:

hmm nice, early retirement for you then i guess? :tongue: haha well if you are good at what you do then you should have enough money to do what ever you want quite quickly :tongue:

its insane doing that though; I've been sleeping like that for a month or two and now I can never manage to sleep for more than 6/7 hours as i'm not used to it :frown:

haha yh I wish, don't wanna be toiling away in a low paid job if I can get more money and enjoy what i'm doing somewhere else!

Original post by ♥ ♥

Defo, hate it when people from India assume that were SUPER rich, and have ferrari's and God knows what else, just 'cos Papa has settled in the UK. Heaps of Indians have that stupid mentality!

I think indians have stopped thinking like that nowadays. More and more of them have got to experience what it's like living here -through student visas and what not - and they've realised that actually it isn't all that living in england!

Although that's probably down to more economic reasons, with mass immigration and recession etc.

mhm yeh i guess it does :redface:

haha your mum is a hypocrit :tongue: lol joking, its just how it is, you just get addicted to wanting to know what is going to happen next :tongue: lolol well i guess it gives them something to talk about too :tongue:

im from england :smile: thats pretty cool, hows the weather there? :redface:

Hahaha, I told her she was too, but she just laughed it off. Lol. Yeah, it definitely gives them something more "ïnteresting" to talk about other than recipes and all that. :tongue:

I've been to England only once, and that too only to London and Reading. :P
Its just hot hot hot over here, or then it rains. The weather here is just monotonous. If its sunny on Monday, you know its going to rain on Tuesday and then will be sunny again on Wednesday, so on... No seasons, no nothing. Just the sun and clouds. :/

Hows the weather there? Summer months are generally cool too right? 0.0
Reply 9389
Hi friends,

I am from Hyderabad, India and am going to join MBA full time from Sept'12. I have been offered Holland Annexe accommodation and am searching for some help on how this place looks and how many ppl live around there. Could someone help?

I did not know there was an Indian student group in this student room (well I joined only recently and hence may not have looked well enough)

I've been to London and Reading once in April. I liked the weather. I saw on the net that Edinburgh has a relatively severe weather. How r u guys managing?

Regards,
Vijay
Original post by ♥ ♥

haha, you forgot the word "try" :tongue:

lololol ferraris :tongue: i can just see it in my head..... tonnes of ferraris driving around my area hahaha, 5 parked outside my massive drive besides my swimming pool and jucuzee..... :cool: lol :tongue: but yeh i guess they just get all the silly ideas from movies and stuff but owhell, when they get over here and find it difficult to even get a minimum wage job then they see what we go through :redface:

yeh, it was even worse today :/ stupid crap weather :redface:
Original post by Raj K
hey thanks (: well when you do have holidays..enjoy! :biggrin:

no problemo :tongue: lololol yeh whenever i do, i shall enjoy it greatly.... thats when i do :/ :tongue:
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
its insane doing that though; I've been sleeping like that for a month or two and now I can never manage to sleep for more than 6/7 hours as i'm not used to it :frown:

haha yh I wish, don't wanna be toiling away in a low paid job if I can get more money and enjoy what i'm doing somewhere else!

yeh you tend to end up sleeping less and waking up early, then you cant fall asleep again :/ its ok now that its bright at like 6 but before it was very miserable :redface:

mhm yeh, just make sure you enjoy what you're doing and earning as much as you need to fufil your dreams :tongue:
Hahaha, I told her she was too, but she just laughed it off. Lol. Yeah, it definitely gives them something more "ïnteresting" to talk about other than recipes and all that. :tongue:

I've been to England only once, and that too only to London and Reading. :P
Its just hot hot hot over here, or then it rains. The weather here is just monotonous. If its sunny on Monday, you know its going to rain on Tuesday and then will be sunny again on Wednesday, so on... No seasons, no nothing. Just the sun and clouds. :/

Hows the weather there? Summer months are generally cool too right? 0.0

lolol yeh, she is definately hooked to it :tongue:

nice, howd you find it in reading? :smile: haha yeh i can understand that weather, been a few times in and around this month :tongue: but yeh, its better than being here :tongue:

the weather is...................... terrible to be honest, we get like one day of sunshine and 5 days of rain, cant get anything done :redface: it should be super hot right now but no, its just raining away :redface:
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
i
I think indians have stopped thinking like that nowadays. More and more of them have got to experience what it's like living here -through student visas and what not - and they've realised that actually it isn't all that living in england!

Although that's probably down to more economic reasons, with mass immigration and recession etc.

I think they do know, but they ignore it, 'cos they're greedy and just want to rip people off who live abroad by giving the illusion that they're poor and that we're much richer than them.

Although I know loads of family who've come to London and not been able to live without their private drivers, servants and were shocked by the independent lifestyle here.

haha, you forgot the word "try" :tongue:

lololol ferraris :tongue: i can just see it in my head..... tonnes of ferraris driving around my area hahaha, 5 parked outside my massive drive besides my swimming pool and jucuzee..... :cool: lol :tongue: but yeh i guess they just get all the silly ideas from movies and stuff but owhell, when they get over here and find it difficult to even get a minimum wage job then they see what we go through :redface:

yeh, it was even worse today :/ stupid crap weather :redface:

You're not funny! :L

Omg, I have the same image :five:

Films really don't help. But they do the same with films set in India, they're amazing!

I think their mentality is changing.

I know right. Rain all week. Weather's pretty bad in US too :shock:
Original post by ♥ ♥
I think they do know, but they ignore it, 'cos they're greedy and just want to rip people off who live abroad by giving the illusion that they're poor and that we're much richer than them.

Although I know loads of family who've come to London and not been able to live without their private drivers, servants and were shocked by the independent lifestyle here.

You're not funny! :L

Omg, I have the same image :five:

Films really don't help. But they do the same with films set in India, they're amazing!

I think their mentality is changing.

I know right. Rain all week. Weather's pretty bad in US too :shock:

i know...im soo sad :tongue:

lololol :five:

mhm very true, always showing perfect images of nice clean areas where we'd like to go when we get there lol, the one thing they always get right is the police officers in india though :tongue:

yeh i guess with time everything changes :redface:

yeh, and its actually quite stuffy which makes it worse :redface: lololol maybe 2012 is the real end of the world :/
i know...im soo sad :tongue:

lololol :five:

mhm very true, always showing perfect images of nice clean areas where we'd like to go when we get there lol, the one thing they always get right is the police officers in india though :tongue:

yeh i guess with time everything changes :redface:

yeh, and its actually quite stuffy which makes it worse :redface: lololol maybe 2012 is the real end of the world :/

Na, its okay :smile:

Haha, very true. I mean in Delhi, there are some BEAUTIFUL places, but the really run down areas too. That is the same in every country though.

I think the Internet, media in general is helping to close the gap, and open people's eyes a bit,

I know, humidity sucks. Although being in the rain when it's warm :drool:

Don't say that :cry:
Reply 9397
Has anyone been watching (or like me, happened to be there while their parents are watching) shubh vivah? It has got to be the STUPIDEST serial EVER!

Which serial is your favourite? I remember being obsessed with Vedika- mehndi tere naam ki (I think that's what it was called) many many years ago hahaha! Grown to realise they're all pretty awful...
Original post by shanban
Has anyone been watching (or like me, happened to be there while their parents are watching) shubh vivah? It has got to be the STUPIDEST serial EVER!

Which serial is your favourite? I remember being obsessed with Vedika- mehndi tere naam ki (I think that's what it was called) many many years ago hahaha! Grown to realise they're all pretty awful...

never heard of any of those. only watch star plus serials :blush:
lolol yeh, she is definately hooked to it :tongue:

nice, howd you find it in reading? :smile: haha yeh i can understand that weather, been a few times in and around this month :tongue: but yeh, its better than being here :tongue:

the weather is...................... terrible to be honest, we get like one day of sunshine and 5 days of rain, cant get anything done :redface: it should be super hot right now but no, its just raining away :redface:

She is! *Sighs* lol.

I went to Reading in winter. It was really nice and cool then. I found the houses cute. They were quite small though, haha, I expected them to be a bit bigger. It was nice though, didn't really get to go around much cus we just went to meet some friends of my dad's at their house. :tongue:

Oh, you came to S'pore recently? :redface:

Wow, ok, the weather there is definitely worse. I would hate five days of rain. That would just be a nightmare! -_-"

I think the only place where I've liked the weather so far is Ireland. I guess its because I went there in winter too, so it wasn't hot and it snowed! Hehehe, I like snow.Its one thing that Singapore sadly misses out on.:rolleyes:

Though I don't like the putting-on-five-layers-of-clothes-on part. LOL, haha, its just so tiresome and annoying. XP

Latest