The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ♥ ♥
Yes, nervous. Only for AS results, but still nervous nevertheless!

Hope u did well :biggrin: I got in Bradford! So happy at the moment :smile:
Congratulations to you! Am sure you'll be really happy here in your studies.

We look forward to welcoming you onto campus in September.

Here's our website for New Students - hope you find it useful:

http://www.bradford.ac.uk/study/new-students/

And here's some advice for new students from some of our graduates:

[video="youtube_share;1gzo8XOzBkc"]http://youtu.be/1gzo8XOzBkc[/video]

Have a great day!

Claire
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sachinisgod
Hope u did well :biggrin: I got in Bradford! So happy at the moment :smile:

Aw that's great, congrats :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm happy I guess! Mixed results really, nothing that can't be fixed though!
Reply 9463
Hope everyone got the results they were hoping for.
I just got back from India a few days ago, and the first question every single member of my family asked me was "Are you studying Medicine?" >_>

On a more positive note, I've started learning how to write in Hindi and Urdu. I've managed to get a good grasp on Hindi, and I can read some short stories etc, but I can't find any decent Urdu websites which teach the alphabet and how to join words together etc.
Why is this thread dead all of a sudden? :unimpressed:
Original post by (L)*
^^ it's been dead as people are on holiday, getting results....all that stuff!

aaah been a while TSR, how's everyoneeee :biggrin:

welcome back :hugs:

im good ji. How are you? :smile:
I miss this thread being busy, and lovely, and friendly. Aw, seriously dead now :frown:
The new Bengali Society II
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2100668&page=2&p=39257869#post39257869

The other one finally finished after 6 years! :woo:
Rowdy Rathore!

Don't angry me!

[video="youtube;e3ddIO8W6V4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ddIO8W6V4[/video]
Original post by ♥ ♥
Cool. I've spoken to a few Indians who actually live in India on TSR. Only a few though. Most people on this thread are British Indians, like myself.

No, no, of course not! Hope that didn't come out rudely. I've seen many native Indians type in a very particular way when typing in English. They don't type in full Standard English at times. Where as your English is pretty much perfect. It was a compliment! :biggrin:

I certainly am not British Indian. I am fully Indian myself. We just use a very slang type of English.
Original post by abdullahmir10
Haha I haven't spoken to somebody living in India on TSR myself. Although I do have some friends who currently dwell across the border.

Haha did you think Pakistani's couldn't speak English? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
#

Lol, No need to be thinking we're fools. Of course you speak English, what do you think? Salah to Pakistanis gha internet meh or phir banga Anti India website, Anti India things. Your country's a joke. It has nothing in it. No wonder you watch our films and stuff.
Original post by brownchocolateice
Are all British Indians whitewashed and india-hating or is it just mostly the british indians on tsr?

No, its because the British Indians have forggeton their roots. Hear them speak and in India they would be humiliated. Why even in Mumbai they're now demanding to learn Marathi. They're not even aware of the Anti corruption movement by Anna Hazare( May Baghvan bless his mission).
Original post by The Marshall
No, its because the British Indians have forggeton their roots. Hear them speak and in India they would be humiliated. Why even in Mumbai they're now demanding to learn Marathi. They're not even aware of the Anti corruption movement by Anna Hazare( May Baghvan bless his mission).

How can British Indians 'forget' their roots, when they do not know them in the first place?
Original post by DontJudge
How can British Indians 'forget' their roots, when they do not know them in the first place?

Hey, Hey, their parents immigrated right? So it is up to the Parents to spread the culture. They should know their roots! Those that don't should be declared enemies and traitors of the state. More than that, woh sub Hindustani heh! Hum mara race meh born hohga. I totally despise British Indians that hate original Indians. Array, tuh kha yeh? Koi bara sah stature heh? No. Hey, the English ruled our country for 150 years! The Mughals for 250 years!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey, Hey, their parents immigrated right? So it is up to the Parents to spread the culture. They should know their roots! Those that don't should be declared enemies and traitors of the state.

How do you know their parents immigrated here? :s-smilie:

What if they're the 4th generation, what if their great grandparents moved here, and their parents were born here.

You tell me, if exibit A has been living in india from birth and been surrounded by indian culture, speaking indian etc...they would know more about their roots right?

If exibit B has been living in England, speaks english, attends english school etc...they are more likely not to know much about their roots.

I agree it is important to know about your culture and your language. But the way you're saying it like as if they're in the wrong, is incorrect. It's not really their fault. Unless they are an actual freshi who was just imported a few days ago and try fitting in by wearing over sized shades or something..

This is off-topic but..Akshay Kumar is still making movies? :nothing:
How do you know their parents immigrated here? :s-smilie:

What if they're the 4th generation, what if their great grandparents moved here, and their parents were born here.

You tell me, if exibit A has been living in india from birth and been surrounded by indian culture, speaking indian etc...they would know more about their roots right?

If exibit B has been living in England, speaks english, attends english school etc...they are more likely not to know much about their roots.

I agree it is important to know about your culture and your language. But the way you're saying it like as if they're in the wrong, is incorrect. It's not really their fault. Unless they are an actual freshi who was just imported a few days ago and try fitting in by wearing over sized shades or something..

This is off-topic but..Akshay Kumar is still making movies? :nothing:

Go and look in history. You can research.

Those Pakistanis are living in England since 1947, same as Indians, and they haven't forget their roots for over 60 years. For over 60 years. And the current generation of Indians? Idiots. Total idiots.

And stop using freshi. We are all Hindustani. These sort of racism is what exactly enabled the English to manipulate us. It is incorrect to use that term. Our country is plagued with corruption after 60 years! Our Government is a joke! India is nothing to be proud of until its corruption is totally removed. Then can you take pride, we're ranked 95th in the corruption scandal index. 95TH! Yet the english Indians cannot be reminded of this. They don't care. Bunch of scum.

Are you totally ignorant, British Indian? Of course! Salaman Khan doesn't wanna do action films anymore, Askhay Kumar is making films, Deshmukh starred with Tushar Kapoor in Kya Kool heh Hum!

Disgraceful.

Utterly disgraceful.

They converted themselves to British Culture which is even more.....I can't think of it, the thought is horrendous. Forget your roots but have new ones. Pathetic.

But what am I saying? We should remain united. Better to remain united than allow Indian hating Pakistanis and English people to divide our race.
(edited 11 years ago)

Those Pakistanis are living in England since 1947, same as Indians, and they haven't forget their roots for over 60 years. For over 60 years. And the current generation of Indians? Idiots. Total idiots.

And stop using freshi. We are all Hindustani. These sort of racism is what exactly enabled the English to manipulate us. It is incorrect to use that term.

Are you totally ignorant, British Indian? Of course! Salaman Khan doesn't wanna do action films anymore, Askhay Kumar is making films, Deshmukh starred with Tushar Kapoor in Kya Kool heh Hum!

Disgraceful.

Utterly disgraceful.

Gosh you're soo emotional calm down. How is that. If you're living near white people, and both your parents only speak english. Then how on earth are you supposed to know anything about culture. The people in the 1940 are not present now are they you kamini.

Well I would say 'mangi' but thats a northern dialect. It's not racism, it's being specific to the proximity of culture amongst the individual.
How can we all be hindustani, when we're not all hindu's?

Well he's like 50 odd for gods sake and he still plays a students role dating 20 year old girls. And salman khan has just gone fat and stumpy. Maybe you like watching pedophilic men in action.
Reply 9477
Chalo Isko choro cricket Kai baare mai baat Karo.

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Dravid
Yuvraj
Lax man
Pathan
Khan
Balaji
Raina
Ashwin
Kohli
Dhoni

And many more talented Indian cricketers

Reply 9478

And stop using freshi. We are all Hindustani. These sort of racism is what exactly enabled the English to manipulate us. It is incorrect to use that term. Our country is plagued with corruption after 60 years! Our Government is a joke! India is nothing to be proud of until its corruption is totally removed. Then can you take pride, we're ranked 95th in the corruption scandal index. 95TH! Yet the english Indians cannot be reminded of this. They don't care. Bunch of scum.

Disgraceful.

Utterly disgraceful.

They converted themselves to British Culture which is even more.....I can't think of it, the thought is horrendous. Forget your roots but have new ones. Pathetic.

But what am I saying? We should remain united. Better to remain united than allow Indian hating Pakistanis and English people to divide our race.

But isn't India wanting to move onto hollywood

Pryanka chopra is going to be at the American opening for basketball or something.

Gosh you're soo emotional calm down. How is that. If you're living near white people, and both your parents only speak english. Then how on earth are you supposed to know anything about culture. The people in the 1940 are not present now are they you kamini.

Well I would say 'mangi' but thats a northern dialect. It's not racism, it's being specific to the proximity of culture amongst the individual.
How can we all be hindustani, when we're not all hindu's?

Well he's like 50 odd for gods sake and he still plays a students role dating 20 year old girls. And salman khan has just gone fat and stumpy. Maybe you like watching pedophilic men in action.

Thu mujhe buloungi Kamini? Array, Salah, hut, hut yah seh. Kouta ke saman.

I would not give up about my culture, I would look into it.

Being Indian is a part of India. Learn it, we have Indian Muslims , Indian Pun jabis, what you are trying to do is to destroy it. Mangi, array yah, hum ab ko buloangi ungraze ke alaut.

I don't like Salman after what he did to Vivek oberoi. Totally runied his career. You should be saying that to the Indian Muslim actors, Shah Rukh going's old anyway. Time for new actors to come in.

Latest