The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9980
Original post by Noor90
Doomed as in you will succumb to the might of the superior Pakistani army and we will take over forcefully, or doomed as in the people all hate each other and the country will be torn apart by all the different cultures and traditions?

That one. Can't say I'm at all concerned with the first one :wink: India could theoretically crush Pakistan, but Indian leaders are too weak and don't even retaliate when being shot at.

The people don't hate each other, governments take advantage of the shift in Indian thinking. Indian thinking is amazingly foreign, the dismissal of Indian culture and history was brought by the Brits, but continued by the Indians. The history of South Asia has effectively been erased, and has only existed since 1947.

Places of cultural significance such as the Ram janmabhoomi in Ayodhya has been hi-jacked by the many pseudo-secularists. They interpret anything that isn't pro-Islamic as Islamophobia! I think it's hilarious that India masquerades itself as "secular" and "democratic" when it knows nothing of those terms! The politicians of India are truly some of the most heartless people I know.

In my opinion, India SHOULD be a Hindu country. I find it hilarious that people interpret this as a sign of hostility too. I think they forget that India had no problems with Farsi's and Jews joining our country and were able to practice their religion with complete and 100% safety. Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism were born in India and have gone all around the world whilst still being safely practiced in India.

What do you think of the riots in Muzaffarnagar?
Reply 9981
It shouldn't be a Hindu country. I'm guessing you're a practicing Hindu. Even then most practicing Hindus don't want it to be.

I'm saying this as a British-Indian and convert to Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9982
Original post by ZazDogg
It shouldn't be a Hindu country. I'm guessing you're a practicing Hindu. Even then most practicing Hindus don't want it to be.

I'm saying this as a British-Indian and convert to Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, that isn't surprising... Unlike almost anywhere else in the world, India has remained a country that has preserved it's indigenous culture so perfectly. The only slight hitch would be is that the area this culture existed has receded in size, otherwise it is the same. Sanatan Dharma is an open, critical and adaptable way of life. As it has personified in religion as Hinduism it still retains the openness. The very nature of the Vedas is not like the Bible or Qur'an in it's certainty, it is open to criticism, change to new ideas. However many things do not change, and the same rituals performed thousands of years ago by rushis are being performed and people still leave worldly life to live the life of a sannyasin in India. My point isn't to show these as great things, they are simply facts of life and dont need labels of good and bad because that opens another endless debate. I am not saying either that Indian Muslims are not to be trusted, or anything silly like that. My point IS that Hinduism has been open and therefore so has India. Since partition, India has treated it's Muslims significantly better than Pakistan's Hindus. I simply believe that calling it a Hindu country still makes India a safe country for all, but it gives Indians what they deserve and desire, the Indian identity. Indians hardly know their history beyond their occupational times. A country with a nation full of citizens who all feel connected along the web of history and culture would make for a strong country.

I also completely understand a Hindu India. I support secularism in its true appeasement. India does not and never has truly practiced secularism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9983
Original post by Ggmu!
Well, that isn't surprising... Unlike almost anywhere else in the world, India has remained a country that has preserved it's indigenous culture so perfectly. The only slight hitch would be is that the area this culture existed has receded in size, otherwise it is the same. Sanatan Dharma is an open, critical and adaptable way of life. As it has personified on

Posted from TSR Mobile

China also retained its indigenous culture. Folk traditions are still practiced there.

I find Islam the most perfect and the most adaptable way of life personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9984
Original post by ZazDogg
China also retained its indigenous culture. Folk traditions are still practiced there.

I find Islam the most perfect and the most adaptable way of life personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I kind of posted before I tried typed it all for some reason. I'll let you read it all first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9985
Original post by Ggmu!
I kind of posted before I tried typed it all for some reason. I'll let you read it all first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remain skeptical about it happening so this discussion is probably a waste of time. To be honest I don't even know how Pakistan treated Hindus. They only make 1.5% of the population anyway. We make up a much higher % of India's population.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9986
Original post by ZazDogg
I remain skeptical about it happening so this discussion is probably a waste of time. To be honest I don't even know how Pakistan treated Hindus. They only make 1.5% of the population anyway. We make up a much higher % of India's population.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think it was 1.5% in 1947?

My friend, think about it this way. It may hurt, but it's an observation. Look around the world to muslim majority countries and see the problems they face with the ruling classes or terrorism. They let power get to their heads and wet have what we have in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Iran, Tunisia etc. But please do not interpret that as "keep muslim numbers down" i certainly do not say that, however the indian community in general need to be educated about contraceptives in general as the birth rate is explosive.

Edit: your comment about being skeptical and this discussion being a waste of time is often a problem I encounter more with Muslims than people of any other religions.

Also, I am not a proper practicing Hindu. I do not pray or go to mandir.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9987
Original post by Ggmu!
Do you think it was 1.5% in 1947?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was probably higher. They probably migrated to Rajastan.
The Muslim population grew after the partition, which I believe is a good thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9988
Original post by ZazDogg
It was probably higher. They probably migrated to Rajastan.
The Muslim population grew after the partition, which I believe is a good thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please don't be so naive. Hindu communities were targeted with violence in their borders and still do. It happens in Kashmir which has transformed into a muslim majority state. If it happens today in India and so frequently, can you imagine how bad it must have been for Pakistani Hindus since 1947?

I feel muslims think it is ok for non Muslims to die for the spread of their own religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9989
Original post by Ggmu!
Please don't be so naive. Hindu communities were targeted with violence in their borders and still do. It happens in Kashmir which has transformed into a muslim majority state. If it happens today in India and so frequently, can you imagine how bad it must have been for Pakistani Hindus since 1947?

I feel muslims think it is ok for non Muslims to die for the spread of their own religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I don't think it's ok, I prefer peaceful preaching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9990
Original post by ZazDogg
Well I don't think it's ok, I prefer peaceful preaching.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Muslims have traditionally spread religion by violence (not an opinion, it's factual) and that has no reason to change. Muslims believe the truth of the Qu'ran is eternal and timeless, am I correct? Look at Kashmir and the thousands of Hindu pandits who were displaced. It hurts me to know I may never see some places in Kashmir because of the Muslim majority that has been there.

The biggest victim in history of anyone ever are Indian Hindus of foreign Islamic invaders. Yet to this day, Hindus are the most accepting people in the world and is one of the safest countries in the world with a significant muslim population.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9991
Getting the feeling I will soon be deemed Islamphobic by a member of the tsr Muslim community one day soon...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9992
Original post by Ggmu!
Muslims have traditionally spread religion by violence (not an opinion, it's factual) and that has no reason to change. Muslims believe the truth of the Qu'ran is eternal and timeless, am I correct? Look at Kashmir and the thousands of Hindu pandits who were displaced. It hurts me to know I may never see some places in Kashmir because of the Muslim majority that has been there.

The biggest victim in history of anyone ever are Indian Hindus of foreign Islamic invaders. Yet to this day, Hindus are the most accepting people in the world and is one of the safest countries in the world with a significant muslim population.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with what you are saying. It's both Islam and Christianity that has had a lot of violent spread, hence why most of the world(55%) adherents to either one of the two religions.
Not all of Islam was spread violently. Indonesia is the country with the world largest Muslim population(Over 200 million in Indonesia). Only 10% of Gujaratis are Muslim, yet they managed to peacefully convert 90% of the Indonesian population to Islam via trade.

I agree with that, most Hindus I know are tolerant people. Of course there will be a few out there that aren't. Same with every religion. I label myself as a tolerant Muslim and I hope most Muslims you know are. Do you even know any Muslims?

EDIT: I am a revert to Islam, so no one violently imposed it on me. I reverted after researching about the religion.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9993
Original post by ZazDogg
I agree with what you are saying. It's both Islam and Christianity that has had a lot of violent spread, hence why most of the world(55%) adherents to either one of the two religions.
Not all of Islam was spread violently. Indonesia is the country with the world largest Muslim population(Over 200 million in Indonesia). Only 10% of Gujaratis are Muslim, yet they managed to peacefully convert 90% of the Indonesian population to Islam via trade.

I agree with that, most Hindus I know are tolerant people. Of course there will be a few out there that aren't. Same with every religion. I label myself as a tolerant Muslim and I hope most Muslims you know are. Do you even know any Muslims?

Indonesia is of no concern to me. The pagan Arabs, the crusades and approximately 80 million dead Hindus. The number of Hindu mandirs that would be larger than the Taj Mahal that have been destroyed go into their tens of thousands. The vast majority of Islam has not been spread by peace. Christians persecute Hindus in the north east, the NTLF are a well known militia.

In my opinion, India should be a Hindu country. Hindus have made India what it is, Islamic invaders only slowed the progress India made, as well as British colonisers. Muslims have muslim countries all over the world and are well known for sharing a deep sense of brotherhood. Hindus should have the country of their ancestry devoted to their own culture. It is only fair, no? The Jews have Israel, the Catholics have the Vatican. Why shouldn't Hindus have India?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9994
Original post by Ggmu!
Indonesia is of no concern to me. The pagan Arabs, the crusades and approximately 80 million dead Hindus. The number of Hindu mandirs that would be larger than the Taj Mahal that have been destroyed go into their tens of thousands. The vast majority of Islam has not been spread by peace. Christians persecute Hindus in the north east, the NTLF are a well known militia.

In my opinion, India should be a Hindu country. Hindus have made India what it is, Islamic invaders only slowed the progress India made, as well as British colonisers. Muslims have muslim countries all over the world and are well known for sharing a deep sense of brotherhood. Hindus should have the country of their ancestry devoted to their own culture. It is only fair, no? The Jews have Israel, the Catholics have the Vatican. Why shouldn't Hindus have India?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because 20% of the population are not Hindu. Most people from my home district were Muslim too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9995
My final point is if India stays as a pseudo secular government, Hindus will have no voice (they don't already) and their rights will be infringed upon (they already are).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9996
Original post by ZazDogg
Because 20% of the population are not Hindu. Most people from my home district were Muslim too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I've addressed this before, a Hindu country is not a threat to Muslims. I just feel you have fellow muslims interests at heart first before India and it hurts me. My allegiance goes to my country before my religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9997
Original post by Ggmu!
As I've addressed this before, a Hindu country is not a threat to Muslims. I just feel you have fellow muslims interests at heart first before India and it hurts me. My allegiance goes to my country before my religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Opposite to me by the way. I don't care about India. I don't even know why I post on this thread. I only care about Islam, اسلم مرا زندگی ہے and I conclude with this verse from the Quran.
Quran 5:3 "...Today the disbelievers have lost all hope that you will give up your religion. Do not fear them: fear Me. Today I have perfected your religion for you, completed My blessing upon you, and chosen as your religion Islam..."

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9998
Original post by ZazDogg
Opposite to me by the way. I don't care about India. I don't even know why I post on this thread. I only care about Islam, اسلم مرا زندگی ہے and I conclude with this verse from the Quran.
Quran 5:3 "...Today the disbelievers have lost all hope that you will give up your religion. Do not fear them: fear Me. Today I have perfected your religion for you, completed My blessing upon you, and chosen as your religion Islam..."

Posted from TSR Mobile

And that's the problem. Why spread this ideology on India and transform it into another draconian Islamic state?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9999
And it's hilarious, the converts are most hardline. Those who abandon their culture for the content aggressors are always a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest