The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by The_Timepasser

Yep its one of my favs! But I never knew it was a Mumbai thing...thought everyone loved it :gasp:

My family is from bangalore originally and we all love pav bhaji! Everyone better love it, if not there's something wrong with you! :tongue:
Original post by Sheena1
I did maths, chemistry, physics and further maths. bit of a geek lol
What subjects did you pick?

I did maths, eng lit/lang, science, business, it and graphics at GCSE
My A Level options are similar to yours though. I've done AS Maths already, gonna do accounting, physics, economics, further maths and A2 from sept :smile:
Reply 1382
Original post by srs507
My family is from bangalore originally and we all love pav bhaji! Everyone better love it, if not there's something wrong with you! :tongue:

OMG pav bhaji is amazing my mum made it the other day :smile:
Reply 1383
Original post by Sheena1

<3 one of the best indian food ever! but I'm partial towards our south indian stuff, I love dosas, idlis and vada too much!
Original post by srs507

Exactly! I cant believe how crap the restaurants are at my place...none of them have it!
All they seem to have is like a million varieties of curries... :angry:
Reply 1385
Exactly! I cant believe how crap the restaurants are at my place...none of them have it!
All they seem to have is like a million varieties of curries... :angry:

Ru-roh is that what all the takeaways have? I can't live on curries and naan alone, I must have my south indian food once in a while...I must figure out before I get to Manchester what are the good places in Rusholme.
Original post by Sheena1

lol I've had it like 3 times in the past month...could do with more :biggrin:
Reply 1387
Original post by srs507
&lt;3 one of the best indian food ever! but I'm partial towards our south indian stuff, I love dosas, idlis and vada too much!

dosas with potato stuffing and a ton of yogurt :coma:

lol I've had it like 3 times in the past month...could do with more :biggrin:

lol lucky :tongue:
Original post by srs507
Ru-roh is that what all the takeaways have? I can't live on curries and naan alone, I must have my south indian food once in a while...I must figure out before I get to Manchester what are the good places in Rusholme.

Nahhh its jus cuz I live in a town in the north. I've been to London and they have all this awesome food...I think u'll be more than sorted in Manchester with it being the second biggest city and the uni being multi cultural. But yeah I do miss south indian as well once in a while...have to look hard to find it.
Reply 1389
Original post by Sheena1

Without the yoghurt part mmmm so good i love masala dosas. I love mysore masala ones as well, because those have that spicy sauce on the inside :coma:

Nahhh its jus cuz I live in a town in the north. I've been to London and they have all this awesome food...I think u'll be more than sorted in Manchester with it being the second biggest city and the uni being multi cultural. But yeah I do miss south indian as well once in a while...have to look hard to find it.

Ah that's reassuring. Where I live here in the US we have what is called "Little India". Literally the same type of thing as curry mile in rusholme, except less the takeaway and more restaurants. All varieties as well, if you've ever heard of Saravana Bhavan we have one of those, and they are all over the world!
Original post by Sheena1

lol lucky :tongue:

Yep :biggrin: Its so awesome to be home and eating Indian food...not that stuff they make for the goras :rolleyes:
Reply 1391
Yep :biggrin: Its so awesome to be home and eating Indian food...not that stuff they make for the goras :rolleyes:

Bahahahaha.....I'm staying at home this summer since my internship is in my state rather than where my uni is...man it is so good to bring a home cooked lunch of indian food instead of buying out.
Reply 1392
Original post by srs507
Without the yoghurt part mmmm so good i love masala dosas. I love mysore masala ones as well, because those have that spicy sauce on the inside :coma:

:colonhash:

:rolleyes:
Reply 1393
Original post by Sheena1

Hey now! I never ever liked mosaru anna (or as non kannada folk would say, yoghurt rice :tongue:)..with sakkare yeah i'm fine with it.
Original post by srs507

Ah that's reassuring. Where I live here in the US we have what is called "Little India". Literally the same type of thing as curry mile in rusholme, except less the takeaway and more restaurants. All varieties as well, if you've ever heard of Saravana Bhavan we have one of those, and they are all over the world!

aha...havent heard of it but apparently there's one here in Dubai as well. Lol we dont really have any one area of restaurants, they're all over the place :biggrin:

But this curry mile thing sounds interesting...need to visit Manchester soon!
Original post by Sheena1

:rolleyes:

I mean they only seem to have stuff like korma and chicken tikka masala, not really stuff Indians eat like Dal Makhani, Masala Dosa etc... and they taste queer anyway
Original post by srs507
Bahahahaha.....I'm staying at home this summer since my internship is in my state rather than where my uni is...man it is so good to bring a home cooked lunch of indian food instead of buying out.

Yeah true that but I dont mind buying out other diff types of food while at uni...its just the Indian food thats often not up to the mark.
Reply 1397
aha...havent heard of it but apparently there's one here in Dubai as well. Lol we dont really have any one area of restaurants, they're all over the place :biggrin:

But this curry mile thing sounds interesting...need to visit Manchester soon!

yeah i heard curry mile is pretty legit...will be good for those very drunk nights where i need some kebabs! haha.

Yeah true that but I dont mind buying out other diff types of food while at uni...its just the Indian food thats often not up to the mark.

yeah at uni i eat all different things, also same on the weekends at home. but during the week i try to keep it indian while i am at home.
Original post by srs507
yeah i heard curry mile is pretty legit...will be good for those very drunk nights where i need some kebabs! haha.

lol from what i've heard ur gonna have a lot of them...supposed to be the UK's best party uni :wink: One of my cousins went there for uni and he was a bit of a pisshead anyway...his mom went to visit him and she was like there were too many drunk students passed out lol
Reply 1399
lol from what i've heard ur gonna have a lot of them...supposed to be the UK's best party uni :wink: One of my cousins went there for uni and he was a bit of a pisshead anyway...his mom went to visit him and she was like there were too many drunk students passed out lol

As a foreigner coming with a lot of money....that is what i like to hear :biggrin: hahaha

Latest