The Student Room Group

Politics info needed!

In September I am starting my A-level Politics course, having never studied the topic I am keen to get into some books that will give me a good starting point to my understanding. An recommendations would be gratefully received. :biggrin:
Just keep up to date on current events, watch the news, read the papers! It will all pay off :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by twofatpigeons
In September I am starting my A-level Politics course, having never studied the topic I am keen to get into some books that will give me a good starting point to my understanding. An recommendations would be gratefully received. :biggrin:

As Cheese_Monster said, keeping up to date with current affairs and UK political news is all you really need to do. I was pretty much the only one in my class at the beginning of Year 12 who knew anything about politics (I've always been interested in it) but after a few months we were all on an even footing and we all got good marks, even the people who had previously not had a lot of interest in the subject. You don't need to do extra reading to do well in it, especially if you have a good teacher.

Having said that, a bit of extra reading won't hurt. This book is pretty comprehensive and explains a fair bit about the system. Also, it's a great A Level; well chosen. :smile:
I have always found the Development in British Politics series useful. There's a new edition out soon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Developments-British-Politics-Richard-Heffernan/dp/0230221742/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1H0K2NXEFLJZ&colid=1GNIC85K47V7W

There's also a number of A-level politics sites out there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending