The Student Room Group

Revising for A Level Politics

Hi everyone
I'm in year 12 have exams in 2 weeks which help predict my grades which will be sent to university- I am hoping to get As or Bs.
I have been revising politics through essay plans but there just seems to be too many to do for every question, I feel like I can't remember stuff.
Has anyone got any advice? It would be really appreciated
Thank you
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you! Mocks coming up soon 😑...
Anyway, idk if ur skl uses Prechewed, it's basically YouTube for A-Level Politics, and has clips on all the topics for all papers and ideologies, if you have access to it somehow, definitely use that, it's really helpful for me.
Also, I suggest using tutor2u for any bits of knowledge you need to brush up on and making flashcards on them? e.g. I started making flashcards on Electoral Systems using tutor2u (& other Politics websites)...
Icl Politics is HARD 😭 but I love it 😂 and I hope this helps! All the best
Reply 2
Original post by le.bosh
Hi everyone
I'm in year 12 have exams in 2 weeks which help predict my grades which will be sent to university- I am hoping to get As or Bs.
I have been revising politics through essay plans but there just seems to be too many to do for every question, I feel like I can't remember stuff.
Has anyone got any advice? It would be really appreciated
Thank you

Heya!
When facing a large number of essay plans for politics revision, prioritize key topics and concepts that you feel less confident about and focus on understanding them thoroughly. Break down the information into manageable chunks and use techniques like active recall and spaced repetition to reinforce your memory. Additionally, practice past exam questions to familiarise yourself with the format and identify any areas where you need further improvement. Remember to take breaks and rest adequately to maintain your overall well-being during the revision period :h: If it helps, Study Mind has free resources you can use for revision!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 3
Original post by notyaaverage
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you! Mocks coming up soon 😑...
Anyway, idk if ur skl uses Prechewed, it's basically YouTube for A-Level Politics, and has clips on all the topics for all papers and ideologies, if you have access to it somehow, definitely use that, it's really helpful for me.
Also, I suggest using tutor2u for any bits of knowledge you need to brush up on and making flashcards on them? e.g. I started making flashcards on Electoral Systems using tutor2u (& other Politics websites)...
Icl Politics is HARD 😭 but I love it 😂 and I hope this helps! All the best

Yeah my school uses Prechewed, I'll defo have a look at it a bit more...
Thanks so much for your help! I also love politics (wanting to do it at uni) but it can be a bit overwhelming!
Good luck in your mocks!
Reply 4
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
When facing a large number of essay plans for politics revision, prioritize key topics and concepts that you feel less confident about and focus on understanding them thoroughly. Break down the information into manageable chunks and use techniques like active recall and spaced repetition to reinforce your memory. Additionally, practice past exam questions to familiarise yourself with the format and identify any areas where you need further improvement. Remember to take breaks and rest adequately to maintain your overall well-being during the revision period :h: If it helps, Study Mind has free resources you can use for revision!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thanks so much, really helpful!!
Original post by le.bosh
Yeah my school uses Prechewed, I'll defo have a look at it a bit more...
Thanks so much for your help! I also love politics (wanting to do it at uni) but it can be a bit overwhelming!
Good luck in your mocks!

Oh great! Just remember that Prechewed may add other historical info that we don't need to know spec-wise, but is just for context. And no problem....
Same here! Politics is my life atp (after other stuff 😂) and thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest