The Student Room Group

Could I hypothetically get into Oxford with my future qualifications?

I've been wondering this for a while now and I've asked around and done a bit of googling but never got a clear answer, but is it possible to get into Oxford, assuming I get good grades, to do History and Politics despite the fact I'm only doing 2 A-Levels, a BTEC and possibly an AS Level. (For extra info, I'm doing Modern History and Sociology A-Levels and a Music BTEC. I might also be doing a Latin AS Level)
Original post by Wezzers07
I've been wondering this for a while now and I've asked around and done a bit of googling but never got a clear answer, but is it possible to get into Oxford, assuming I get good grades, to do History and Politics despite the fact I'm only doing 2 A-Levels, a BTEC and possibly an AS Level. (For extra info, I'm doing Modern History and Sociology A-Levels and a Music BTEC. I might also be doing a Latin AS Level)

its unlikely
Hi, I've just looked at their entry requirements for History and Politics and it does say you require three A levels. However, I've also found some uni websites that say that Oxford does accept BTEC alongside A level depending on the course. Thing is, I'm unsure if this means you need three A levels plus a BTEC, which you only have 2. The best way to find out would be to contact their admissions team, their email is on their website. It's likely they'd be able to give you a definitive answer on whether you would be able to apply with the qualifications you have/will have. 🙂
Sorry to say this is really unlikely unless there are contextual circumstances about your schooling or upbringing. Oxford courses are very competitive and your application would be compared against applicants with three or more A levels.
Reply 4
Original post by BetaVersion2.9
Sorry to say this is really unlikely unless there are contextual circumstances about your schooling or upbringing. Oxford courses are very competitive and your application would be compared against applicants with three or more A levels.

What do you mean by contextual circumstances? Do you mean stuff like was I brought up in a low income family or a single parent household? If so I come under both of those categories.
What do you mean by contextual circumstances? Do you mean stuff like was I brought up in a low income family or a single parent household? If so I come under both of those categories.

Yes, if there are exceptional circumstances such as your school was closed for 6 months because of RAAC, or you had five different history teachers in two years, then I would email the history dept to see what they say.

Have a look at
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/admission-requirements/uk-qualifications

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending