The Student Room Group

University College Dublin (UCD - Ireland) Vs. University of Stirling (Scotland)

Ok, ok, I hope this will be my final thread, and with that I won't be annoying you guys anymore, but I really need your insight on this last question.. Which one would you choose out of the following?

1. Stirling (Scotland) - MSc Investment Analysis
2. University College Dublin (UCD - Ireland) - MSc Finance

I have received offers from both of these places, and I'm really having a difficult time choosing between the two...

The target is to get into areas such as Investment Banking, Portfolio Management, Equity, Trading or Market Analysis.

Maybe an important piece of information is that, I actually live in Dublin, and have studied through primary, secondary and tertiary education in Dublin too. I think companies would like to know that "candidates" for a job can be flexible, independant as well as being adaptable, so would going to Stirling be a better choice in this sense?

Also if you'd have any info on Careers service on these two places, or what the average time/percentage of students/whatever with regards to getting a job (after all, this is the probably the sole reason for doing this MSc) after achieving this MSc would be greatly appreciated!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey! I recently came across this feed and I can see that it is ten years old. I was wondering, which option did you actually go with? I am currently in the exact same position as you, except my course is in Politics. Would love to hear your experience and your reasoning behind your decision! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jennswan
Hey! I recently came across this feed and I can see that it is ten years old. I was wondering, which option did you actually go with? I am currently in the exact same position as you, except my course is in Politics. Would love to hear your experience and your reasoning behind your decision! :smile:

hi there! your comment is now 1 year old, but i just applied to both stirling and UCD for politics and international relations. where did you end up, and what has your experience been like so far? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending