The Student Room Group

Emailing university admissions offices

This may be a bit silly but how does one structure an email to be sent to a university admissions office? Like does it have to be a bit formal? How would I start and end the email?
I wouldn't over think it... just go with the same sort of approach that you would with your teachers - polite, but yourself... my own style would be a "Hi," at the beginning, and a "Thanks," at the end, but we're all different. They are very student friendly people who just want to help you out, so they won't be judging you like that.
Include your UCAS ID in the subject line and at the top of the message.

“Hello, I am an APPLICANT/OFFER HOLDER for COURSE NAME.

Then just ask your question.

So long as you include all the relevant info, admissions teams don’t really mind how you structure your message. :smile:
Original post by Admit-One
Include your UCAS ID in the subject line and at the top of the message.

“Hello, I am an APPLICANT/OFFER HOLDER for COURSE NAME.

Then just ask your question.

So long as you include all the relevant info, admissions teams don’t really mind how you structure your message. :smile:

i don't know about the caplocks... it could look like you're shouting and it might scare them
Original post by JamieInit
This may be a bit silly but how does one structure an email to be sent to a university admissions office? Like does it have to be a bit formal? How would I start and end the email?

Hello,
It doesn't have to be anything special or too formal. Keep in mind, the admissions office are usually quite lovely people who are used to dealing with many requests and queries and are happy to help!
Probably start with a polite greeting, then ask your question (brief and specific) and include any useful information (e.g. your name, course, UCAS number, etc.). Afterwards, elaborate further (if needed) and include all the details you feel are necessary. Then thank them and end the email :smile:
Make sure to be clear in the wording of your question and remember to include all the necessary/relevant information to get a helpful and speedy reply. Good luck!

Polina,
(Lancaster University Student Ambassador).
Original post by albanyexpression
i don't know about the caplocks... it could look like you're shouting and it might scare them

Hopefully the OP has the wherewithal to spot that the caps sections are placeholders for their own details.

Although many applicants don’t, and include it in their personal statements. Always good for a laugh.
Original post by albanyexpression

Admissions staff are quite hard to scare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending