The Student Room Group

Ukcat/bmat

I just wanted to ask if its too late to start revising for the UKCAT BMAT tests and how long does revision take..any books recommendation? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Not at all, the BMAT is sat in November and you can choose your UKCAT's date. It might be a good idea to sit the UKCAT towards the end of the summer, revising after the school year ends.

Everybody's different, there's no set amount of time you should revise. I started about a month before each exam, but that's just me (I also had the luxury of a gap year, so no school stuff to sort out). The 600Q book was helpful for the UKCAT, although the difficulties were off in a few sections. There are quite a lot of resources for the BMAT online, those were pretty helpful.
Reply 2
It's not late at all. I'd question the sanity of somebody that has started revising for them this early!

Do about a few weeks for both, and that's fine.
UKCAT can easily be done in two weeks tops... BMAT maybe a bit longer, I'd say 3-4 weeks (4 weeks being AGEEEEES) at max. Anybody who has started now is perhaps a tad too keen for the BMAT.

I'd start BMAT within the 2nd week of October or thereabouts
How can it ever be too late to start revision?

And anyway, now is the right time to start. You should have been revising for AS exams before now. Plenty of time for UKCAT and BMAT over summer.
Reply 5
now is perfect time to start.
if anything i would say july is probs just the right time
so ur ahead!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending