The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

TM128 (Microsoft server technologies)

Hi peeps, been snooping around for a few weeks and have just been granted financial support for my first 2 modules on my way to a degree in Computing and ICT (long way to go!)

im going to be studying TU100 and TM128 this year, and was wondering is anyone had any PDF's they were able to send over for TM128 that I could read through while im waiting for my course to officially start?

I have limited forum access to OU's forums, but it seems they have not given me access to the docs just yet... itching to get started!

Cheers!
Reply 1
You won't get them until a few weeks before the course is due to start - nearer the time, the course page on your StudentHome will say when the books should be delivered (and the full course site will be opened around the date the course starts to give you access to the PDFs).

I can't help unfortunately, but I'm also doing starting TM128 later this year!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I guess i'll have to be patient then! :frown:
Reply 3
Just to be clear, you can get them if you find someone willing to send them to you but I'm yet to see anyone say they're already studying this course! I think it's only on the first presentation at the moment so perhaps not many people are studying it?

You could try asking on the forums (if you go on StudentHome and find the OUSA forums link, then have a look around the forums under "OUSA MCT") if anyone is studying them. I imagine TU100 PDFs would be easier to get hold of, I think more people would be studying that as it's compulsory.
Reply 4
Thanks for the reply.. I might try asking on the OU forums.

I think this is the second year TM128 has run, TU100 is new though so little chance of getting those ones!

Thanks
Reply 5
I'm also registered for TM128, i'm a second year going onto my final... Thank god!
The OU is brilliant and I can compare with my brick uni experience.

With regards to TU100, I did the previous courses M150 and T175 and was told that TU100 was a combination of these course into a new module. They should be closely related to what I studied.
There is Javascript which I hated, ICT concepts and usage. Lots of interesting theory and programming. I thoroughly enjoyed both courses, and i'm sure you will =]

Regards
Rob.
For my part, I have surely benefited a lot from the TM128- Microsoft Servers Technology module. I did the course using the e-labs, and for the most part did not experience major problems, until towards the end. This I circumnavigated by utilizing any lab that I found that was working for the coursework and TMAs/EMAs.

In hindsight, I am certainly in a better place than when I started, and now know quite a bit about networking and Windows Server 2008 thanks to the course.
One thing I must say, that having signed up for B120-Introduction to Business, I have learned that instead of tutorials, we have day-schools of the duration of 6 hours. This I think, should be the case with computing courses.

For novices, like myself, coming to grips and developing an understanding of computing and networking practices can be a very slow process, and students would benefit from longer sessions, perhaps in a real, lab-type situation, where hands on real equipment would help to foster a deeper appreciation of the subject. Since we all have different ways in which we learn, I simply speak for myself.

In conclusion, all in all, my experience has been a very industrious one. I look forward to sitting the certification exams in Network+ and Microsoft 70-642 and 70-640 at a later date. in the meantime, I await eagerly my results from TMA 03 and the EMA. Thus far, my scores have been brilliant, which augers well for hopes of achieving a pass mark for this interesting, albiet challenging course.

Quick Reply

Latest