The Student Room Group

Is scdkey.com legit?

I find this site on google, and it shows that games are much cheaper than the official site. Also, I saw a lot of good reviews from the buyers. I just want to know does anybody have any experiences on that site? Is it fake or not?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LoveMessi
I find this site on google, and it shows that games are much cheaper than the official site. Also, I saw a lot of good reviews from the buyers. I just want to know does anybody have any experiences on that site? Is it fake or not?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/scdkey.com

Seems okay?
Key websites are fine, like G2A and Kinguin. It's like Ebay or Amazon. The site is fine, but there may be the odd dodgy seller, which isn't the site's fault. Plus you can buy protection anyway.
Reply 3

Scdkey sold me a used key, thier customer service was so awful no help and took weeks for them to do anything like giving a new key or refund even i would not use them again. I went to kinguin.net found the same game for half the price scdkey was charging and had no problems quick service.
Reply 4
I use G2A.
Reply 5
I just bought Battlefield 1 for $46 from there, and the Key worked! It's legit, can't speak about the customer service as I haven't had to use it.
legit1.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Just used it to purchase a Window 10 Pro key for ~£13. I got the key within 2 mins via their interface. Would have been nice to receive an email confirmation with the key as well. I too a screen shot & backup just encase.
Original post by ajcollins80
Just used it to purchase a Window 10 Pro key for ~£13. I got the key within 2 mins via their interface. Would have been nice to receive an email confirmation with the key as well. I too a screen shot & backup just encase.

Windows 10 is free isn't it? When my OS was wiped off, I put it back onto my HDD by downloading windows 10 from the microsoft website onto a USB and there was an option to skip product key verification. I'm not sure how it would detect I had windows 10 before, since it was deleted.
Bought Dishonored 2 from them and it was a already used Steam key, their customer service keep accusing me of already using it on a different account. Its now in the hands of Paypal and Mastercard and hope to get a refund for the cash spent but the time used on this is lost forever.

Stay away if you not want to take the chance on getting scammed
cjs-cdkeys.com is a good one too.
They are legit. I've purchased a few games from there. I did have problem with a key. But it turned out I was entering it in the wrong place. Most are through origin.

cdkeys.com yep totally legit I buy games from the all the time the prices are great.
I would be very wary of scdkey.com. After the last purchase (of a windows 10 key) I made with them my credit card was the victim of fraud. Apparently somebody in Dubia used it! A time before I used scdkey.uk but that comes up in the browser as uk.scdkey.com which is a subdomain of scdkey.com. I may be wrong be wrong about the uk one as when I purchased a key from them the proper graphic came up for the key whereas com just gave me the text of the key and I also had to enter my card details again in com and yes, the customer service is terrible. I'm not saying uk is not legit, but I'd be very wary of using it again
Reply 13
How did you use it? Cause I plan to buy one now but I'm not sure how to use it afterwards
nope, Win 10 Pro is like $200. I ended up here because I was trying to determine if it was legit. Windows 10 gets associated with your motherboard, so once it's installed it can be reinstalled without the key, it will activate online automatically

yes a bad experience, I purchased a 14 day XBL membership which had already been redeemed! customer service completely unwilling to help blaming xbox live and Microsoft services. you cant buy 14 day trials of XBL according to alex at xbox live support and then implied it was my fault for purchasing through a third party website, even though ive used them before without any problems!? DONT USE SCDKEY WEBSITE.
Original post by microdick
yes a bad experience, I purchased a 14 day XBL membership which had already been redeemed! customer service completely unwilling to help blaming xbox live and Microsoft services. you cant buy 14 day trials of XBL according to alex at xbox live support and then implied it was my fault for purchasing through a third party website, even though ive used them before without any problems!? DONT USE SCDKEY WEBSITE.

That is more a third party problem than a specific website like scdkey.com problem. You may as well be saying "DON'T USE EBAY OR AMAZON OR YOUR MATE TRYING TO SELL YOU THEIR STUFF"
Original post by NotNotBatman
Windows 10 is free isn't it? When my OS was wiped off, I put it back onto my HDD by downloading windows 10 from the microsoft website onto a USB and there was an option to skip product key verification. I'm not sure how it would detect I had windows 10 before, since it was deleted.

windows 10 isn't free. As soon as you activate windows it gets saved onto the motherboard so you won't need a product key
(edited 6 years ago)
DO NOT buy from here I brought the wrong key and I asked for a refund and they simply said nope terrible customer service do not buy from
hi, i just bought a game from there want to refund but im not sure how or where to go to do that

Quick Reply

Latest