The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AJCSShp

Original post by AJCSShp
Why, what are your predicted grades?
As you've got an interview you've ticked all the boxes so to speak. So I'm sure you will be fine!
Where else have you applied to?

I am predicted BBB and need ABB
Reply 981
Original post by kwz93football
I am predicted BBB and need ABB

I've been predicted ABB and have been given an AAB offer. Most universities do it on a case-by-case basis. :smile: If it's just 1 or 2 courses you've applied to that are above your predicted grades I'd not worry too much. It's better to have 1 or 2 that are too high than regret it if you get the grades for them and then feel cheated :tongue:. Also, if you don't apply you'll never know what they'll say!

Good luck!
Original post by DoDoBeDo
I've been predicted ABB and have been given an AAB offer. Most universities do it on a case-by-case basis. :smile: If it's just 1 or 2 courses you've applied to that are above your predicted grades I'd not worry too much. It's better to have 1 or 2 that are too high than regret it if you get the grades for them and then feel cheated :tongue:. Also, if you don't apply you'll never know what they'll say!

Good luck!

Hope I do:-)
I have BCC, and am applying to AAB-BBC uni's. I have sent it off today :smile:. With resits i'll be able to get at least a high B in both chemistry and physics I believe, so if I keep it up MAY be able to get AAC, but probably ABC.
Original post by callmenighthawk
I have BCC, and am applying to AAB-BBC uni's. I have sent it off today :smile:. With resits i'll be able to get at least a high B in both chemistry and physics I believe, so if I keep it up MAY be able to get AAC, but probably ABC.

gooooood luck and...
where did you apply?
Original post by pinkcherrytart
gooooood luck and...
where did you apply?

leicester, liverpool, sussex, nottingham, reading.

don't fear, I got a C in chemistry because of a low unit 3 mark (so much so it brought me down a whole grade - 17/60) so when I retake that and unit 1 I'll have an A - hopefully!

same In chemistry i got A's in two units. i messed up one unit and ended up with a B :frown:
Original post by PatrickD
10%? Not bad at all. I hope it's that low at the ones I've applied to! :wink:

Just found out Nottingham trent don't make u pay anything at all!

No charge for a placement year

If you intend to take advantage of a year-long work placement as part of your sandwich course you will not have to pay a fee for that year.
Reply 988
Got an offer from Leeds for Chemistry. I really have no idea how, they really must not care about the interview :smile: so pleased!
Original post by AJCSShp
Got an offer from Leeds for Chemistry. I really have no idea how, they really must not care about the interview :smile: so pleased!

Told you :wink:

Congrats!
leicester, liverpool, sussex, nottingham, reading.

don't fear, I got a C in chemistry because of a low unit 3 mark (so much so it brought me down a whole grade - 17/60) so when I retake that and unit 1 I'll have an A - hopefully!

lol hopefullly!...i'm retaking too got a B, messed up my isa's thats why:frown:
Reply 991
Original post by EierVonSatan
Told you :wink:

Congrats!

Lol. I'm glad you were right :biggrin:
Thank you :smile:
People with chem offers from Imperial, what time did your offers come through?
Reply 993
Has anyone heard from Durham yet?
Original post by fudgesundae

5 days after my interview iirc

Original post by rr52
Has anyone heard from Durham yet?

Got an offer on monday, after a letter from the dept a week before saying I was going to get an offer soon. What college have you gone for?
imperial why you not tell me if I have an offer :frown:
Reply 996

Mine took just over a week. It also came around midnight, very odd office hours.
Original post by tpowertj
Mine took just over a week. It also came around midnight, very odd office hours.

was it midnight on the wednesday night the week after, or the thursday night? Had mine last wednesday and really wanna know :tongue:
was it midnight on the wednesday night the week after, or the thursday night? Had mine last wednesday and really wanna know :tongue:

Haha same, they said it'd take 1 to 2 weeks for their offer (or not) to come through.
got my acknowledgements today!!!!!!:smile:

:woohoo:

Latest

Trending

Trending