The Student Room Group

I genuinely hate my mother, how to handle her?

1. You're vile I wish you would **** off to university and never come back.
2. I dread the second you come through the door, I think please God no...please.
3. You arent welcome in this house.
3. You're a stupid anorexic bitch who makes my life a ****ing a nightmare.

Shes pushed me down the stairs, pulled my hair. Rang up the medical school to try and get them to kick me out (Despite having good results)

She couldnt find a jacket, she accused me of stealing it (I hadnt) she ripped out 10 wardrobes worth of clothes. She left me 10 voicemail messages, saying all the above things. Saying " all that comes out of your mouth is vomit"

Ive told her she needs help. She said to me " Just because you have a mental problem you want me to have one too"....."You're the one with the problem not me" "You're a pig"

Shes told me she doesnt love me, wishes she never had me, that Im worth nothing.

She tells me Im bulimic to annoy HER, I told her it is utterly selfish to think that. She just asks why are you doing this AGAINST ME? As if the world revolves around her ffs.

When my grandfather died she told my grandma "I dont know why you are so upset you never loved him anyway" . She moans that he never left her anything in his will, despite the fact she had a substantial amount of money off of him when he was alive, that made her an extremely wealthy woman. She resents my grandmother because he left everything to her.

She is just the nastiest bitch anyone could come across. And I feel guilty for no longer loving her. But there is only so much hurt you can take off one person before it really begins to get to you, you know?

How should I handle her? Ive had a year and a half of mental abuse about this Eating Disorder (which Im receiving help for) and all she can say is " I wish you have never told me, Im not interested, I dont want to know, I dont care"

And 22 years of her nastiness.

What can not only I, but me and my brother do?

Im not perfect, but Im not a bad person. I fought to get into medical school which she is trying to get me kicked out of. I have the full support of the medical school though and they know Im going through hell with her. But still, trying to beat bulimia/anorexia with next to no familial support (my dad divorced her long ago) its really hard.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
:frown: do you live with her?
Reply 2
Aww this is really sad to hear :/
I thought I had problems with my mum

All I can say is: maybe u could move out?? And try and get her out of ur life? Ask any relatives for help and see if u could move in with them maybe?

I really don't know what to say
Its a very sad to read :frown:

Hope things work out for u xx
wow she genuinely sounds like an unpleasant person. I agree with Misskatie7 on the idea of moving out.
Reply 4
Move out and let her rot in her own bitterness.She really does sound awful and the OP shouldnt feel any guilt for having no feelings for her.
if you live there please get yourself out asap, for your own good.
Reply 6
Hey

I agree with the other posters however your mother does have issues that need to be addressed. I mean it's easy to say 'move out' but thatalmost definitely won't help the situation, she could possibly 'hate' you even more. She could possibly be sufferring from a mental illness which causes her to be this way. Have you contacted anyone who can aid you on this? Possibly someone who can give a diagnosis.
(edited 12 years ago)
She sounds EXACTLY like my mum, literally everything you have posted apart from I don't have an eating disorder but she called me plenty of other unmentionable things near enough every day to make up for that, I haven't spoken to her for a year and its finally over between us. I don't know what to say other than I know how horrible it is, feeling that you hate your own mum, and how friends rarely understand, or want to talk about it. At least your uni knows, thats really good, maybe consider a university councellor if it starts to affect your life in other ways (I persoanlly have self esteem and confidence issues), and stay close to your brother! Oh and move out!! *hugs*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending