The Student Room Group

my mum hates my boyfriend …

I am 26 (as is my bf), and we’ve been dating 8 years. He is about to propose I’m sure, and I love him SO much. The thing is, my mum doesn’t like him. She’s the only one out of my family who dislikes him, and whenever I press her, she never has any solid reason, she just uses petty excuses or makes something up. It seems to be just a baseless dislike.
However, I’m concerned about the potential wedding. I want a big family wedding there and it feels wrong not to invite my mum (she has been a big support in other areas of my life), but I just KNOW she will be frosty throughout. I only want people there who will be genuinely happy for me. What can I do? I feel like
I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place :frown:
You know something is wrong when your own mother isn't happy for you in this situation.
So when you asked her why, what did she say? Surely, there has to be some specific reason why she dislikes him. And also, if you just explain to her that you've been together for so long and that you are happy with him then I don't think that she should have a reason to dislike him.
Reply 3
My wife’s mum is the devil incarnate and doesn’t like anyone, including her daughter.

Some people are ********s.
Original post by Mess.
My wife’s mum is the devil incarnate and doesn’t like anyone, including her daughter.

Some people are ********s.

she said her mum is good just dosent like her BF
she clearly said and i quote here "she has been a big support in other areas of my life"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending