The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* - The GEM "Am I Good Enough?" General Questions & Advice Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asarev
I really think you should give the Gamsat even if to widen your chances

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think 6 weeks is enough for a good score?

I dont want just try it and end up with a an embarrassing mark!
Original post by Ama2007
Do you think 6 weeks is enough for a good score?

I dont want just try it and end up with a an embarrassing mark!

It's fine, stop procrastinating :P
Original post by lcsurfer
Wow that sounds awesome! Ive applied for KCL, Newcastle and Warwick again this year. I think KCL might be the top of my list... I'd love to study in london. I did my undergrad at Coventry and would like to study somewhere else. Ive got the ukcat score this year too (765) so hoping for the best! I;m living outside the UK atm so i am trying to gage when to book time off work to fly back.
WOw that sounds an awesome course, its nice that the staff know you as well and you stand out a bit more than the undergrads. I like the aspects of PBL too.
Good luck for your test! I'm sure you will ace it!

Hi congratulations on your UKCAT score!!!! I was wondering whether you had tips/advice and what material you used? thanks
Original post by mission2014
Hi congratulations on your UKCAT score!!!! I was wondering whether you had tips/advice and what material you used? thanks

haha this was last year... I did it over a year ago now (and got a place) I used medify, was really good. I've hweard though it's changed this year though for the subscription payment but its definately worth it!
Hi all, I'm currently thinking about doing a Sport and exercise science degree and then applying for medicine as a graduate, but I have a couple of questions: Can I still apply for post-graduate medicine and have a good chance of getting in? Is this degree classed as a life sciences degree (so my university options would be less limited)? Would I be at a disadvantage to Biomed graduates for a place?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1025
Hi everyone

Wasn't sure about applying until getting my UKCAT result today, so happy!! :
VR: 860
QR: 690
AR: 890
DA: 860
SJ: Band 1
Average 825

So now I am definitely applying! Although not sure about work experience. I'm studying Biology at Durham, on track for a 2:1 next year. Applying to:
Newcastle
Warwick
Southampton
Imperial

Good luck to everyone else! xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending