The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by NuclearFusion
Just what I thought as well, I've tried telling him he has pretty much no chance but he's applying anyway... wasted choice imo :s-smilie:

I thought I was bad! I'm applying just short of the entry requirements, but i already have my A-Levels, even then I think it'll be a long shot. Exeter is an extremely good University and they will have candidates who meet and exceed their entry requirements, so i'm not holding out any hope. So unless they are feeling generous/are on acid...Don't let him waste a choice.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 581
Original post by KatherineGiddins
Ah yes that sounds interesting- well I just sort of went on my AS grades but I'd pretty much diecided where I wanted to apply even before I did those- I made sure I had a bit of a range in terms of entry requirements

Ah ok, that makes sense:smile:. Do you have many exams in January?
Hi guys, got my offer for Politics and French mid november - AAB :biggrin: stoked!
Will probably only firm it if I don't get an offer from Leeds for Politics and Parliamentary studies - and I'm worried about how far away from home Exeter is; 4 or 5 hours? :s-smilie:

any other politicians in?
Reply 583
Original post by Georgiana1605
Hi guys, got my offer for Politics and French mid november - AAB :biggrin: stoked!
Will probably only firm it if I don't get an offer from Leeds for Politics and Parliamentary studies - and I'm worried about how far away from home Exeter is; 4 or 5 hours? :s-smilie:

Hey, congrats!! I got an offer in December for Politics and Arabic, not sure if I'll be going or not though!
Original post by SND123
Hey, congrats!! I got an offer in December for Politics and Arabic, not sure if I'll be going or not though!

Well done :biggrin: how come? Its a very nice campus and its quite high up in the tables atm but I have my doubts too :frown:
Reply 585
Well done :biggrin: how come? Its a very nice campus and its quite high up in the tables atm but I have my doubts too :frown:

Well, for a couple reasons. I absolutely love the university, and their politics and Arabic courses, but as an American I'm not sure if I will be able to afford uni in the UK. I'm also still waiting to hear from three other unis in England/Scotland! What about you?
I love Exeter it is sooo pretty! and i've been to seen the arabic building and i have to say its pretty amazing! I've applied for history and ancient history! I'm so excited! And I applied for St Andrews, has anyone applied there?
Original post by liviluck
Ah ok, that makes sense:smile:. Do you have many exams in January?
I just have an English lit repeat on The Great Gatsby and the poetry of Yeats and Kavanagh- third time lucky lol- what about you?
Original post by SND123
Well, for a couple reasons. I absolutely love the university, and their politics and Arabic courses, but as an American I'm not sure if I will be able to afford uni in the UK. I'm also still waiting to hear from three other unis in England/Scotland! What about you?

Oh thats fair enough :s-smilie: yeah the new fees are a right bugger! Good luck with your other applications :biggrin:

Well I've got three offers - one of which is my insurance (phew!) just waiting on Leeds and Warwick, both of which said they wouldn't decide until January time, so I'm starting to prang :P I briefly thought about american unis but I could not get my head around the system!

Oh and yeah its really far away for me (not as far as you I suppose :P ), plus I prefer the Leeds course!
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey. Ive not noticed anyone who is going for a PGCE reply on here.
I've been accepted for English and Media PGCE.
Anyone else? :smile: :confused:
Reply 590
Original post by KatherineGiddins
I just have an English lit repeat on The Great Gatsby and the poetry of Yeats and Kavanagh- third time lucky lol- what about you?

ah good luck:smile: I have a Spanish AS retake- trying to boost my UMS to make it a bit easier at A2! and an A2 economics module :s-smilie: oh and general studies haha. I hate january exams, they make christmas so stressful!
Reply 591
Oh thats fair enough :s-smilie: yeah the new fees are a right bugger! Good luck with your other applications :biggrin:

Well I've got three offers - one of which is my insurance (phew!) just waiting on Leeds and Warwick, both of which said they wouldn't decide until January time, so I'm starting to prang :P I briefly thought about american unis but I could not get my head around the system!

Oh and yeah its really far away for me (not as far as you I suppose :P ), plus I prefer the Leeds course!

Thanks, good luck with the rest of your applications as well! Yeah I'm having trouble waiting now!!
My daughter has an offer of 38 IB points for Flexible Combined Honours in Animal Behaviour & Psychology, and yesterday got her exam results with 39 points (and a 6 in Chemistry HL), so has achieved the entry requirements.

Once the offer formally becomes unconditional she will almost certainly confirm. Anyone else looking at Psychology? (The full time Animal Behaviour option moved to the Falmouth campus, but it is still offered at Streatham as part of the FCH programme).

ps I am a part-time student so I figure it's OK to post on here occasionally ;-)
Reply 593

History and Politics offer, definitely firming. It's my favourite university and I'm choosing it over the likes of UCL and KCL!
Anybody going to the Cornwall Campus open day on March 3rd? I'm going as I got an offer for History and Politics but it's going to have to be a sleeper train I think!
Original post by liviluck
ah good luck:smile: I have a Spanish AS retake- trying to boost my UMS to make it a bit easier at A2! and an A2 economics module :s-smilie: oh and general studies haha. I hate january exams, they make christmas so stressful!

Oh I know- I went to visit my family in Nottingham after Christmas and my hand luggage was weighed down with all my school books lol
Reply 596
Original post by AnyoneOutThere
Maitrise. :smile: Is Exeter going to be your firm?

Errm i am undecided at the moment! I am trying to weigh up whether studying for the Maitrise as well as the LLB will be too much to handle! Plus all the extra language studies will be stressful too :/ lol

Where else have you applied?
Reply 597
Hi, is exeter an expensive place to be a student? i have heard that it is...anyone have any information about this? cheeers xxx
Original post by 12sophie
Hi, is exeter an expensive place to be a student? i have heard that it is...anyone have any information about this? cheeers xxx

compared to most places in uk. yes it is :/ which sucks big time
Reply 599
Original post by NICKYnackynockynoo
I've probably asked before, but what are your grades? ( i think you said you've already got yours?)
don't worry, I'm sure if you'd been rejected they'd have outright told you that already?
there must be more than one interview day, let me know if you hear anything! X

Heard anything yet? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending