The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by colliewobble
Oxford, Edinburgh :smile: Then Imperial and Bristol. Which college did you apply to at Oxford? I did Trinity. Hope we both get interviews!!

oo I applied to Wadham - not fancying my chances for oxford but it's worth a go eh :P yeah i'm looking forward to the interview if i get one - being there for a few days with FREE FOOD, hello! :biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 141
has anyone heard anything yet??? i got the email saying my application has been considered, along with one about sports scholarships.... the tension is too much!
Original post by BexyBear
has anyone heard anything yet??? i got the email saying my application has been considered, along with one about sports scholarships.... the tension is too much!

I know :frown: I really want to hear from Exeter! I have a bad feeling that they may not reply until after the January deadline....hopefully not! From what I've seen on here though, not many people seem to get offers from Exeter before December/ January....aijghdjnvgj....I really need some more patience!

Where else are you waiting to hear from? I've heard practically nothing from Bristol or Exeter and in just over a week I have to sit the HAT for Oxford!

What are you applying for? I'm applying for History, at Streatham campus :smile:
Original post by Niki_girl
I know :frown: I really want to hear from Exeter! I have a bad feeling that they may not reply until after the January deadline....hopefully not! From what I've seen on here though, not many people seem to get offers from Exeter before December/ January....aijghdjnvgj....I really need some more patience!

Where else are you waiting to hear from? I've heard practically nothing from Bristol or Exeter and in just over a week I have to sit the HAT for Oxford!

What are you applying for? I'm applying for History, at Streatham campus :smile:

Have you not got the postcard yet? It's literally the same size as one of the sheets from my A2 History textbook :smile:
Original post by DavidLloydGeorge
Have you not got the postcard yet? It's literally the same size as one of the sheets from my A2 History textbook :smile:

Oh I forgot about the postcard!I got that about a week or so ago, I just found it again and got excited :smile:

Tbh it's more of an acknowledgement though, "We'll consider your application as quickly as possible", that could still mean weeks, right? Or it could mean in theory "as soon as possible" - i.e, after the 15th Jan deadline? :confused: I also don't like the sound of "if there is a delay in the decision-making process" :tongue: - why would there be a a delay lol, surely they know we have no idea what a "delay" might actually be as we don't know if it could be weeks/ months or days until we hear back from them. :rolleyes: Maybe it's to taunt us, sending us a postcard that basically tells us to constantly check our emails/ track...

Imagine if they sent out university offers via postcard, how chaotic would that be :ninja:
I hate waiting, I'm so impatient! I know someone who got an offer for Law last week and it's just made me so impatient! I really hope they reply before January although it's pretty unlikely :frown:
Reply 146

I've applied for Applied Psychology Clinical, Exeter is my gamble choice! I didn't do too well in my A levels but my tutor kept egging me on to apply as i wanted to go to Exeter so much, so I know it's going to be unsuccessful! But my friend is at Exeter now and they got back to her really early :frown: good luck with Oxford :smile:
I've applied for Applied Psychology Clinical, Exeter is my gamble choice! I didn't do too well in my A levels but my tutor kept egging me on to apply as i wanted to go to Exeter so much, so I know it's going to be unsuccessful! But my friend is at Exeter now and they got back to her really early :frown: good luck with Oxford :smile:

It's worth a shot! When I look at the other people applying to Oxford I realise what a gamble it is, but if you don't try you never know! I assume by "really early" you mean before Christmas or something so fingers crossed they'll get back to us before soon too! If you're really passionate about going somewhere it's always worth a go, I hope that even if you don't get into Exeter you get some other great offers :smile:
Reply 148
It's worth a shot! When I look at the other people applying to Oxford I realise what a gamble it is, but if you don't try you never know! I assume by "really early" you mean before Christmas or something so fingers crossed they'll get back to us before soon too! If you're really passionate about going somewhere it's always worth a go, I hope that even if you don't get into Exeter you get some other great offers :smile:

finally someone with a positive outlook! I agree with you, if you don't try you'll always wonder if you could have got in, at least in taking a gamble you'll know the answer. If you're applying to Oxford i'm sure Exeter will welcome you with open arms aha. I keep obsessively checking track...:frown:
My cousin got an offer for Law literally a week after sending in his UCAS :frown: . A WEEK I tell you!! Love the idea about offers on a postcard : 'Hello from wintery Oxford! You're not for us :frown:. Tutor xx'
Reply 150
just got an offer!! :biggrin:
Biochemistry - AAB :smile:
Original post by CeeTay

:eek: Well done! (lol, just after the earlier conversation about how Exeter never reply before Christmas...) You're one of the first to get an offer from Exeter!

Go wild celebrate! :tongue:

(I can't rep any more at the moment...but if I can +rep you tomorrow I'll be back)
Reply 152
offer for psychology :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by Emfrz
offer for psychology :smile:

AAA or AAB?
Original post by CeeTay

Snap!! I'm bouncing off the walls!
Reply 155
AAA or AAB?

AAA :s-smilie: have you had one?
Reply 156
not yet, i'm applying for the applied clinical BSc! and i'm expecting a rejection! (i already have my a levels) i'm surprised they are giving out AAA after what radio 2 were saying today!
Just got an offer for Biochemistry!! Ah so pleased :smile:
Original post by CeeTay

Nice one! Me too!! Maybe see you there!
Reply 159
not yet, i'm applying for the applied clinical BSc! and i'm expecting a rejection! (i already have my a levels) i'm surprised they are giving out AAA after what radio 2 were saying today!

do you mean about the decrease in applications? what are your a levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending