The Student Room Group

University of London Intercollegiate halls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Canterbury is priced lower by 10 pounds. Also, I've read extremely bad reviews about the rooms at International Hall (being too stuffy etc). In the virtual tours, the garden halls do seem to have newer furniture.
Could someone familiar with the facilities tell me what the better choice would be in terms of being in a nice ambiance and sociable place?
Original post by Bkaush
Canterbury is priced lower by 10 pounds. Also, I've read extremely bad reviews about the rooms at International Hall (being too stuffy etc). In the virtual tours, the garden halls do seem to have newer furniture.
Could someone familiar with the facilities tell me what the better choice would be in terms of being in a nice ambiance and sociable place?

I've just spoken to the president of International Hall and he seems to be making it sound really nice. He says the location is the best thing, it being inside Russel Square it's close to everything central, especially Leciester Sq/Soho (where all the clubs are, if this is something that interests you).
Reply 42
Original post by Anita B. Studin

Original post by Anita B. Studin
I've just spoken to the president of International Hall and he seems to be making it sound really nice. He says the location is the best thing, it being inside Russel Square it's close to everything central, especially Leciester Sq/Soho (where all the clubs are, if this is something that interests you).

Hey, thanks for that! Although that does sound like a plus point, the location is great for most of the others since they're located close together and in the same area. I am a lot more concerned about how they halls are from within--conditions of the room; good social activities etc. Does International feel too crowded compared to others with lesser (but a good amount of) students?
I guess its stuff we'll find out when we get there.
Reply 43
Hi guys im at Kings and at International Hall, really pleased as its so close to the Strand Campus where il be working !! Yeh and having a squash court is pretty good as well :biggrin:
Don't forget to bring your racquet then buddy. The last time I played squash must've been a decade ago, so would be good to re-learn!
Reply 45
Original post by zalanzalfrecko
Don't forget to bring your racquet then buddy. The last time I played squash must've been a decade ago, so would be good to re-learn!

yeh will do :smile:
Reply 46
hey Zalanzalfrecko,
You are looking to trade places at international hall, right? I know someone at Lillian who would like to know if your accommodation is catered because he might consider shifting then.
Reply 47
Really want to find out what halls I've gotten into, and fingers crossed for connaught!! I'll be at kings doing physics.
Reply 48
Original post by bluesky42
Really want to find out what halls I've gotten into, and fingers crossed for connaught!! I'll be at kings doing physics.

If you get connaught and want to trade, get in touch with me!!
Reply 49
Original post by Bkaush
If you get connaught and want to trade, get in touch with me!!

Well I really want connaught so that's unlikely! :tongue:
Reply 50
Original post by IMC
Geography at King's, living in Connaught!

Going to study Geography at King's too!!! going to Commonwealth :smile:
Original post by Bkaush
hey Zalanzalfrecko,
You are looking to trade places at international hall, right? I know someone at Lillian who would like to know if your accommodation is catered because he might consider shifting then.

Oh I replied your PM already. It is actually not catered, as mine have light cooking facilities
Reply 52
got a single @ International Hall
I m going to study economics in LSE :smile:)
Original post by lys9207
got a single @ International Hall
I m going to study economics in LSE :smile:)

Hey I'm going to International Hall from LSE too! :biggrin:
Reply 54
Wondering if anyone knows how strict intercollegiate halls are with overnight guests?
Particularly commonwealth hall if anyone knows
Why am I slowly feeling that I'm the only one from Queen Mary living at the International Hall :-o
If we didn't get a place and we have to do the Waiting List thing on 8th Sep, what do we actually have to do???
Reply 57
I'm at Connaught - studying history at KCL :smile:
hughes parry anyone?
Reply 59
Just a heads up to all my fellow students :biggrin:

The Freshers Icebreaker Party only has 200 tickets left. Snap yours up before it's gone!!

I'm reppin' King's College London so you can get your tickets at http://www.fatsoma.com/klam/

WOOT can't wait to meet all of you guys soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending