The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Student halls -- what's the best choice for a SOAS applicant?

I am applying to SOAS for September 2022 entry and I have some questions about student accommodation.

When we went to look around the university (which was fab!) we looked round Dinwiddy House, which is supposed to be their main student halls for undergrads. It looked pretty good, but I was wondering whether intercollegiate halls would be better?

I am pretty shy so I'd like to be in a welcoming social environment with people my own age (eighteen). I've heard that intercollegiate halls are good for meeting new people and getting invited to clubs and societies at other UoL colleges, which would be really good, but I'm just worried about age differences and the social environment.

Are there any SOAS students or UoL students here with experiences in intercollegiate halls or SOAS halls? Which is better, do you think?
It depend on the people they prioritise sometime they can prioritise the disabilities
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by ItsASin2209
I am applying to SOAS for September 2022 entry and I have some questions about student accommodation.

When we went to look around the university (which was fab!) we looked round Dinwiddy House, which is supposed to be their main student halls for undergrads. It looked pretty good, but I was wondering whether intercollegiate halls would be better?

I am pretty shy so I'd like to be in a welcoming social environment with people my own age (eighteen). I've heard that intercollegiate halls are good for meeting new people and getting invited to clubs and societies at other UoL colleges, which would be really good, but I'm just worried about age differences and the social environment.

Are there any SOAS students or UoL students here with experiences in intercollegiate halls or SOAS halls? Which is better, do you think?

Hey! I realise you wrote this for starting last year, but I was wondering if maybe you could let us know how it went and what you decided on?
I'm meant to be starting this September and have absolutely no idea which halls to apply for!

I hope first year went well and thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by ItsASin2209

Hi i would like to ask what the dinwiddy rooms look like? are they refurbished and modern or do they still look like the pictures you find on line?
Reply 4
Original post by jayloT
Hi i would like to ask what the dinwiddy rooms look like? are they refurbished and modern or do they still look like the pictures you find on line?

I called them apparently one block is refurbished, other is old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending