The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

///?!?!?booking intercollegiate halls?!??!///

so I've got an offer to kings college London and was just dealing with the booking. i want to stay in an intercollegiate hall but im unable to book it??? its super weird but only two halls are available - atlas and valxher. what do i do? when i went to the University of London page they told me i should book my room via the kcl portal because im a first year. pls help me. im losing my mind. stupid systems.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
psl help
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
/priton sucks/
Original post by Me2Peeps
so I've got an offer to kings college London and was just dealing with the booking. i want to stay in an intercollegiate hall but im unable to book it??? its super weird but only two halls are available - atlas and valxher. what do i do? when i went to the University of London page they told me i should book my room via the kcl portal because im a first year. pls help me. im losing my mind. stupid systems.

If you go into the portal and click book room. there should be a paragraph at the top that talks about intercollegiate halls and it says to click it to book there. or post a screenshot of your portal and I can show you where it is
Not all of the accommodation options will be available straight away as KCL release them slowly in batches. Try again in a few hours and maybe they'll release some intercollegiate options (although bear in mind you run the risk of other halls being booked up).
(edited 2 years ago)
Off topic from the op but to anyone who has experience with intercollegiate halls... how common is it to find people from sgul?
Do different unis have distinct feels and keep to themselves?
Original post by Anonymous
Off topic from the op but to anyone who has experience with intercollegiate halls... how common is it to find people from sgul?
Do different unis have distinct feels and keep to themselves?

i know its a bit late, but i stayed at intercollegiate halls last year and honestly worth it! I completely miss it and wish i applied again for second year. there are people from most london unis (tho the majority are from kcl, lse, ram and ucl). it's a great environment and people are super friendly. no one really cares what uni you're at, they're just super nice. i would recommend booking the catered ones as being able to have dinner and breakfast with people daily really helps cement those friendships. i absolutely loved it there, felt like a dream xx
i know its a bit late, but i stayed at intercollegiate halls last year and honestly worth it! I completely miss it and wish i applied again for second year. there are people from most london unis (tho the majority are from kcl, lse, ram and ucl). it's a great environment and people are super friendly. no one really cares what uni you're at, they're just super nice. i would recommend booking the catered ones as being able to have dinner and breakfast with people daily really helps cement those friendships. i absolutely loved it there, felt like a dream xx

which one did you stay at?
Original post by laurenx155

So i stayed at a place called Lilian Penson Hall, it was in paddington (right next to hyde park) and was great. Unfortunately, they closed it last year, so it no longer exists. But I did also spend the summer at Connaught Hall. It was also great but I wasn't too fond of sharing washrooms which is why I moved out.

Atm I'm looking to move into Garden halls or IH (IH is great but again, shared washrooms).

I will say, don't ever move into Nutford House. It's much cheaper than the rest but the place is super stuffy. Again, shared washrooms but htis time the door is just slightly foggy glass so it looks like something out of a p*rno. It's actually gross. And if you get put in the Annex, that's worse because they have random stairs going everywhere. you will never be able to leave in case of a fire, I fully had a panic attack when I visited. It was crazy.

are you by any chance looking for a place to stay this summer? I'm actually trying to move out of my current place as I need to be elsewhere for my internship and really really need someone else to take my contract. Could I maybe message you the details?
So i stayed at a place called Lilian Penson Hall, it was in paddington (right next to hyde park) and was great. Unfortunately, they closed it last year, so it no longer exists. But I did also spend the summer at Connaught Hall. It was also great but I wasn't too fond of sharing washrooms which is why I moved out.

Atm I'm looking to move into Garden halls or IH (IH is great but again, shared washrooms).

I will say, don't ever move into Nutford House. It's much cheaper than the rest but the place is super stuffy. Again, shared washrooms but htis time the door is just slightly foggy glass so it looks like something out of a p*rno. It's actually gross. And if you get put in the Annex, that's worse because they have random stairs going everywhere. you will never be able to leave in case of a fire, I fully had a panic attack when I visited. It was crazy.

thank you so much!!
are you by any chance looking for a place to stay this summer? I'm actually trying to move out of my current place as I need to be elsewhere for my internship and really really need someone else to take my contract. Could I maybe message you the details?

im not unfortunately
im not unfortunately

nws :smile:
Original post by Me2Peeps

Did you manage to book IC halls in the end - and how as i am going crazy too, they literrally never show up
Have IC halls shown up at the KCL portal recently?
on Friday one room showed up and i took it but i actually want to chage. Hopefully they will alllow me to release it - i have to wait until Tuesday to ask them.
Have IC halls shown up at the KCL portal recently?
Original post by Keepyrheadup
on Friday one room showed up and i took it but i actually want to chage. Hopefully they will alllow me to release it - i have to wait until Tuesday to ask them.

Thanks for the info. We booked a self catered room at Garden Hall, and we wanted a catered one. We requested the cancelation of the room, but now we are out of the portal until they reactivate it
Do you have any idea how long reactivation takes? Can you keep me posted pls would really appreciate and i’ll try the same. So you can definitely get back onto portal if cancel reservation that has not been paid/contract signed?
Thanks for the info. We booked a self catered room at Garden Hall, and we wanted a catered one. We requested the cancelation of the room, but now we are out of the portal until they reactivate it

Sorry a question- when i go to “cancel” it says it will automatically remove my access to book another room. Huh? Why? Then it says if i want to change room i get access back - so is there another screen where they ask if i want to change room?
When you book a intercollegiate room, you have no option to "change" it. As far as I know, the only way to get another room is to request the cancellation and to ask the reactivation. They have told us that it can take 5 working days. At this moment we have no acces to the portal. We hope they'll reactivate it soon.

Quick Reply

Latest