The Student Room Group

Higher Physics

I was just wondering if higher physics is difficult?

I'm thinking of crashing it and have not done any physics since 2nd year. I have an A in higher biology and chemistry and am doing them at advanced higher. Also I'm doing higher english so I don't know if adding physics into the mix is too much? :confused:
Reply 1
Difficulty of different courses is subjective, however physics is regarded as one of the harder highers. But tbh considering you have an A in biology and chemistry, I'm sure you wont find it too hard. How good are you at maths?
I got a B in maths this year, I'm not the best at maths to be honest, its more the problem solving aspect of it that I struggle with :/
Original post by backtothestart.
I was just wondering if higher physics is difficult?

I'm thinking of crashing it and have not done any physics since 2nd year. I have an A in higher biology and chemistry and am doing them at advanced higher. Also I'm doing higher english so I don't know if adding physics into the mix is too much? :confused:

It is pretty hard. I did GCSE Science and I found it quite a leap and some of my friends who did Int 2 even found it pretty hard.

I see you are doing AH Bio and Chem. I would say that crashing a science along with those subjects might not be the greatest idea because of the time you will have to put in for projects.

I have a friend who's thinking of crashing either H physics or Int 2 physics because she needs it for the course she wants to do and she hasn't done it since 2nd year either. I told her to do the Int 2 course because it would just be easier for her and would allow her to concentrate more on her AH's.
Reply 4
the maths is very easy, you just need to understand the actual physics ... its not like higher bio where you can just memorize, in physics you really do have to understand whats happening in the question ...
I think you could crash Higher Physics quite easily. I crashed it last year in fifth year and also done Higher Chemistry and Biology. Physics was by far the easiest science at higher level and the fact you have an A in both the other sciences at Higher suggest you would be more than capable of it !!

All the necessary SG stuff required for higher is repeated so you wont have much catching up to do

Good luck! :smile:
thanks everyone for the advice, i think i might give it a go then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending