The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I really wanted to apply to Caius, but I think I'm going to go with Emma instead now. How did everyone do on their AS subjects?
Reply 21
Think 95% average UMS stands a good chance at Cambridge?
I averaged 93.7475% not including General Studies, and 94.25% including General Studies

I heard 95% gives you a fairly solid chance of an interview. Got to do well on that BMAT though
Reply 23
Original post by Ganky

95% should def. be enough for interview, but as Davidragon mentioned, you will probably have to do well on the BMATs as well (if not for the interview, at least as a reassurance that you will be take seriously even if your interview doesn't go as well as you hoped).
Reply 24
Well cambridge interview 95% of applicants so...
Original post by Ganky

Yeah, that would probably be just slightly below the average of successful applicants, so it's good. (EDIT: as pointed out below, this was just based on one college, so probably isn't too reliable!)

Obviously BMAT and interview will also be important.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Yeah, that would probably be just slightly below the average of successful applicants, so it's good.

Really? Wow, Cambridge medics are a seriously clever bunch. I probably shouldn't be comparing myself to them, but I didn't get such high modules :s-smilie:
Original post by SabreT
Really? Wow, Cambridge medics are a seriously clever bunch. I probably shouldn't be comparing myself to them, but I didn't get such high modules :s-smilie:

Hmm, I remember hearing that Trinity's successful applicant average was around 97%, but then again, Trinity College probably has a better standard of applicant than most colleges (I don't go to Trinity, so I'm not biased lol).

So yeah, perhaps my post was incorrect. I dunno.
Reply 28
Hmm, I remember hearing that Trinity's successful applicant average was around 97%, but then again, Trinity College probably has a better standard of applicant than most colleges (I don't go to Trinity, so I'm not biased lol).

So yeah, perhaps my post was incorrect. I dunno.

Yeah I heard that figure for Trinity, so that's true. I think university wide, the average UMS marks will probably be a bit lower, since Trinity tends to attract extremely capable applicants because of its reputation.
Reply 29
Yeah, that would probably be just slightly below the average of successful applicants, so it's good. (EDIT: as pointed out below, this was just based on one college, so probably isn't too reliable!)

Sweet, do you know where you can get info like that for other colleges? As trinity and Kings are are lot more competitive than anywhere else.
Original post by Ganky
Sweet, do you know where you can get info like that for other colleges?

This plz.
Original post by Davidragon
This plz.

You can email the admissions office I suppose.

But such things fluctuate from year to year anyway, so I'm not sure if it's worth putting too much weight on it tbh.
I wanted to apply to Cambridge last year but I wasn't predicted an A* grades be because my AS UMS wasn't high enough but I got my A2 results and got A*AA so would they look at my lowish AS UMS or just look at my A2 results?
Reply 33
Original post by MoTheMedic
I wanted to apply to Cambridge last year but I wasn't predicted an A* grades be because my AS UMS wasn't high enough but I got my A2 results and got A*AA so would they look at my lowish AS UMS or just look at my A2 results?

Well you would have to declare the UMS of all your AS and A2 modules, so I think they look at everything. In your case, since you've met the offer I don't know if they'll use it any further.
Reply 34
My UMS totally suck :P. But oh well, I have nothing to lose by applying to Cambridge and it's worth a shot :biggrin:.
I shall be applying to Gonville and Caius, and they interview everyone (apprently)... I'm just hoping I'll get a good BMAT now :wink:.

Source of Gonville and Caius interviewing everyone.
http://www.cai.cam.ac.uk/medicine
Original post by Iepnauy
My UMS totally suck :P. But oh well, I have nothing to lose by applying to Cambridge and it's worth a shot :biggrin:.
I shall be applying to Gonville and Caius, and they interview everyone (apprently)... I'm just hoping I'll get a good BMAT now :wink:.

I hope you don't think it is easier to get into Caius because of it. The Medics at Caius have a strong reputation among Cambridge Medics. Good luck though, it would be great there, with there being so many Medics in that college. Their library looks amazing too *_*
Reply 36
Hoping for Christ's!
Reply 37
Original post by Davidragon
I hope you don't think it is easier to get into Caius because of it. The Medics at Caius have a strong reputation among Cambridge Medics. Good luck though, it would be great there, with there being so many Medics in that college. Their library looks amazing too *_*

Pahaha, I didn't imply anything of the sort. I do believe Caius is the college I want to go to. I have lots of reasons I want to go there, and one of them is the fact Caius has a reputation for being one of the best Medical Colleges.
I was merely stating that them interviewing everyone might work in favour of my not so good UMS.
Reply 38
Original post by instrumentalist
Caius or Emma, love the location and general atmosphere at Caius, Emma is just beautiful and so friendly, plus free washing is always a perk!

Original post by Iepnauy

19 responses and already 3 Caius medics (counting myself)!
Hey guys! Good luck for 2012 entry :smile: just got in for 2011 - I hope to be seeing some of you next year :smile: if anyone needs any help i.e. interview advice, or just general guidance, feel free to inbox and I'll be as much help as I possibly can be - good luck with the BMATs; I'm sure you will all do fabulously.

Latest

Trending

Trending