The Student Room Group

Compelling personal reasons evidence

I went to university 09/10 to study computing, I was suffering from depression around that time and picked computing through clearing just to be doing -something- with my time. I realised about two thirds through the first year that I didn't want to be doing it, then stopped turning up and let it progress to a fail. I then did a year of working and deciding what I was going to do next year, eventually going back to my original choice of biology and science (which is what I picked my a-levels in). Now I'm due to start in September, but SFE want to see "Evidence of compelling personal reasons for not completing my course". I thought that you were allowed funding for 4+1 years of study anyway? Surely that means I should be able to get funding for another 3 years, as I've only had one year so far? What even counts as 'compelling'? That I didn't want to do that goddamn course? o.O
Original post by Lolcat
I went to university 09/10 to study computing, I was suffering from depression around that time and picked computing through clearing just to be doing -something- with my time. I realised about two thirds through the first year that I didn't want to be doing it, then stopped turning up and let it progress to a fail. I then did a year of working and deciding what I was going to do next year, eventually going back to my original choice of biology and science (which is what I picked my a-levels in). Now I'm due to start in September, but SFE want to see "Evidence of compelling personal reasons for not completing my course". I thought that you were allowed funding for 4+1 years of study anyway? Surely that means I should be able to get funding for another 3 years, as I've only had one year so far? What even counts as 'compelling'? That I didn't want to do that goddamn course? o.O

Your funding allowance is the length of your course + 1 year minus any previously funded years.

If you dropped out, with the reason that you had compelling personal reasons, then that would be the reason why they are asking for the evidence. A doctor's note detailing your depression would be enough. If you just didn't like the course, I don't know why they would be asking for anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending