The Student Room Group

Can I get a Loan For a masters again?

Back in 2019 I withdrew from my masters course due to change in circumstances , only completed a month of the course and received the first part of the Loan- I was wondering if I applied for this course again, would i be able to receive the rest of the loan to pay for the course?

Thanks,
Original post by VTin
Back in 2019 I withdrew from my masters course due to change in circumstances , only completed a month of the course and received the first part of the Loan- I was wondering if I applied for this course again, would i be able to receive the rest of the loan to pay for the course?

Thanks,

Hi there, you're only eligible for Masters funding once unless you have compelling personal reasons which caused you to withdraw. What was the reason you withdrew? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there, you're only eligible for Masters funding once unless you have compelling personal reasons which caused you to withdraw. What was the reason you withdrew? Thanks, Ross

Having been diagnosed with depression during my undergraduate, my ex partner broke up with me which meant compeltely moving and changing life circumstances became too much and affected my depression greatly so I was mentally unable to continue with the course itself, but I am unsure if this qualifies as compelling personal reasons.

Thanks,
Original post by VTin
Having been diagnosed with depression during my undergraduate, my ex partner broke up with me which meant compeltely moving and changing life circumstances became too much and affected my depression greatly so I was mentally unable to continue with the course itself, but I am unsure if this qualifies as compelling personal reasons.

Thanks,

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear about that. Did you go to any GP/Hospital appointments and have evidence of the circumstances? For Compelling personal reasons we require evidence and a cover letter with statement of events that took place and how it interrupted your studies. Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Hi,

So I suspended my studies and had a proposed date of return on September 2020 but was unable to do this due to covid - does this still have the same process of return?

When i submitted my suspension request I had been speaking to my GP at the time so I will them and see what evidence they are able to provide.

Thank you.
Original post by VTin
Hi,

So I suspended my studies and had a proposed date of return on September 2020 but was unable to do this due to covid - does this still have the same process of return?

When i submitted my suspension request I had been speaking to my GP at the time so I will them and see what evidence they are able to provide.

Thank you.

Hi, you'd need your compelling personal reasons to be accepted to be eligible for any further masters support. If you are able to get evidence you can send it over to us for review. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending