The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 1
hey im at manchester met in my 2nd yr, i moved 2 manc from london and it is everything and more than i expected i absolutely love it here. the socia life is wicked and the drinks are way cheaper than they r in london. the only downside 2 manchester met is that they are extremely slow at doing some stuff but if u need help they are really good for support. overall manchester is a great place 2 study and live in my opinion!! :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
charlib
hey im at manchester met in my 2nd yr, i moved 2 manc from london and it is everything and more than i expected i absolutely love it here. the socia life is wicked and the drinks are way cheaper than they r in london. the only downside 2 manchester met is that they are extremely slow at doing some stuff but if u need help they are really good for support. overall manchester is a great place 2 study and live in my opinion!! :smile:

hi, thanks for your comments. i was hoping to go to mmu this september, and was wondering what the teaching was like and whats it like living in manchester. would you say its better than birmingham? cos i have 2 admit, birmingham night life is pretty wikd.

thanks for your help, much appreciated!
Reply 3
what degree r u applying 4? the teaching really depends on what campus ur at!
Reply 4
il be studying Accounting and Finance. so dyo know anything about the teaching on this course?
Reply 5
hey, my boyfriend does accounting finance and ict. at the aytoun campus. he has had no problems whilst he has been there, the staff are generally very supportive. although there are some very good tutors at man met, as with all unis there are also some pretty rubbish ones. generally the teaching at the business school is very good and aswell as lectures and tutorials you will have super tutorials and also meetings with ur personal tutor that discuss ur progress.
one big advantage of the business school is that they give you the opportunity to enter into national business competitions which look nice on ur cv. they also give u the option of doing extra courses on top of ur degree (they charge about £180 per course) they r recognised qualifications.
as for manchester is a great place. i cant compare 2 birmingham coz ive never been there, but 1st yrs generally go to places nr the all saints campus (its 10 mins walk from aytoun to all saints.) and also town. transport is good and cheap, as are drinks! in the second yr u r likely 2 go 2 fallowfield more, which is a wicked place 2 go- bars and pubs and clubs all over the place!
hope this helps
charli
Reply 6
thanks, youve been a great help. oh yeah and 1 more question, are there any asians at man met? i am in NO WAY racist as i have loads of black and white mates some even closest but i was just wondering if there are any asians at man met as i dont wana b 'alienated' n despised by every1 else cos im like 1 of the only asians there...you know wot i mean? thanks
Reply 7
hahaha!!!! its the most asian! i am 1 of 5 whites on my course. uve got more likelyhood of being alienated if u r white esp in manc!
Reply 8
lol fanks. so man met has actually got more asians dan whites?? all dis time i thot it was the other way round!
Reply 9
id say there are more asians than whites on the business/economics courses dunno about the other courses. obviously there are also a lot of other cultures/religions/etc but u deffinately wont feel out numbered or in any kind of a minority! also dont forget if u come here 2 think about joining a union club- www.mmunion.co.uk has a list, they have them for most religions and cultures,they have socials and get togethers so u can meet more people from the same type of background as yourself, it also will give u a broader group of friends -u wont just know the people on ur course and the people u live with!!
any more questions feel free 2 ask i remember how nervous i was when i was deciding where 2 go!

Latest

Trending

Trending