Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Dr. Bassman
Nice try, Microsoft employee.

Haha unlikely I hate IE, but Chrome was being a bitch ;(.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 1981
I'm guessing (or rather, praying) that they'll tell us at some point what groups our course is split into? Then at least timetables will make more sense....:/
Original post by croag
That's like 16 hours and 40 mins a week, that's quite a lot! Do you know if we have to go to the workshops and drop in sessions? I'm assuming they're not compulsory... or maybe they are
I would say it's a safe bet to assume they're optional but then I know very little about them :tongue: Go talk to Quadratic if you've got any questions, he is the don, and read what he put on my wall a few weeks back about modules if you're interested.
Oh my Gosh, 8.15 start on a Monday morning..... Lovely.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Yeah, mine didn't either. I do have a blouse I might fit in to - but it's got stuff written all over it because it's the one I used for 'Leavers'. And I used to wear black jeans instead of trousers.

Might wear my leavers' hoodie, then at least it is from my school.

I don't think the 'sexy' bit would suit me :laugh:

I don't think anyones going to judge you for not dressiing up completely authentically :P hehe well it dosen't suit me either, alas the cheapest fancy dress packs = the ones containing the least fabric/ the most sexism :P
The timetables are so frickin confusing! i hope we get some good explanations during the induction! hahaha
Original post by abigaildavies
The timetables are so frickin confusing! i hope we get some good explanations during the induction! hahaha

You get your own one (that doesn't have the rest of the years' seminar groups on it) - you get a hard copy in semester 1 and then one sent to you in semester 2 I think. They're fine really - the codes are all a subject, it has the lecturers initials and a shortened version of the room number. They explain it in the induction talks too :smile:
Original post by Marsha2112
You get your own one (that doesn't have the rest of the years' seminar groups on it) - you get a hard copy in semester 1 and then one sent to you in semester 2 I think. They're fine really - the codes are all a subject, it has the lecturers initials and a shortened version of the room number. They explain it in the induction talks too :smile:

Thank god for that! Hahah. I was hoping they wouldn't leave me to fend for myself.

Original post by croag
That's like 16 hours and 40 mins a week, that's quite a lot! Do you know if we have to go to the workshops and drop in sessions? I'm assuming they're not compulsory... or maybe they are

Original post by foolscap
I would say it's a safe bet to assume they're optional but then I know very little about them :tongue: Go talk to Quadratic if you've got any questions, he is the don, and read what he put on my wall a few weeks back about modules if you're interested.

They're not compulsory but they're extremely useful. You'll more than likely need to go for help in analysis, especially in the first few weeks. Also please keep using them because if not enough people turn up they stop running them :frown:

Also for confusion on the timetable: yup you only get one of the many seminar slots per module. You're allocated a group letter and a number and that matches one of those. But yeah you'll get a hard copy soon anyways.

Reply 1989
Reading through this page has made me remember how excited I was about being a fresher, 4 long years ago. I had such a great time at Bath, it really is an amazing place! :smile:
Missed out on the essentials pack - what's supposed to be in it?
Missed out on the essentials pack - what's supposed to be in it?

Not much really. I only bought it cause I thought to myself. Meh only 5 quid extra. There's a Hawaiian lei toga instructions (?) lol. Safety pins. Uv glow paint and glow sticks and a notebook.

Reply 1992
Wow the website was laggy for ordering haha. It sucks that the essentials packs went so quickly :/
Reply 1993
Who's got a freshers wristband then?!?

i too missed out on the essentials pack but most of the stuff there is stuff I'm sure I can find in a shop in Bath.

I got one of those UniLife freshers wristbands too, anyone else do the same?
Original post by dan_oufc
Who's got a freshers wristband then?!?

i too missed out on the essentials pack but most of the stuff there is stuff I'm sure I can find in a shop in Bath.

I got one of those UniLife freshers wristbands too, anyone else do the same?

Could you link the UniLife thing please? :smile:
Reply 1995
Could you link the UniLife thing please? :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/events/366311510116327/

Its the club events for both unis in Bath I believe. Its £10 for entry to all events if you buy a wristband.
The essentials pack is more convenience than anything... You can probably buy everything in it for less than a fiver anyway.
Anyone buying a wrist band?

uhhhhh worst time to forget my bath password fml
Original post by dan_oufc
http://www.facebook.com/events/366311510116327/

Its the club events for both unis in Bath I believe. Its £10 for entry to all events if you buy a wristband.

I'm a little confuse here, is the unilife card/band thing for events outside the uni and the bath freshers wrist band is for events in the uni?

Quick Reply

Latest