The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by Jorgeyy
I applied late too, but I think that's only true of mars/sols... woodland tends to be less popular (i hope :eek:)

Oh well, at least I might have a friend if we get chucked in a ****hole hahaha

How late did you apply?
I hope so too!! Luxury yay
Yes haha i dont want to be in the really bad one that looks like a prison!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by lauray05
How late did you apply?
I hope so too!! Luxury yay
Yes haha i dont want to be in the really bad one that looks like a prison!

I'm not sure, but I was lazy with my student finance so way after you did aha :colondollar:
Reply 1202
Alright guys, just to let you know I'm already at Bath reading Biochemistry and going into my final year in october. Feel free to message me with any queries.
Congrats to all of you who have got in!
Has anyone else applied for Westwood accommodation? I wasn't too bothered about having an en suite so thought I might as well go for it, looks nice enough! :smile:
Reply 1204
Original post by jack.tang
What is everyone studying? Have you got your offers yet? If you would like any advice as a current student, please feel free to ask me :smile:

thanks for answering my other question, heres a more academic one: doesit matter which laptop i have, because im thinking of getting a macbook pro for uni cause mines pretty old. do many people use macs or pcs (do to the mircosoft programs) ?
Reply 1205
Original post by Dev*
Alright guys, just to let you know I'm already at Bath reading Biochemistry and going into my final year in october. Feel free to message me with any queries.
Congrats to all of you who have got in!

What building/accommodation where you in during your first years? Are you still there?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1206
Original post by EHALI
thanks for answering my other question, heres a more academic one: doesit matter which laptop i have, because im thinking of getting a macbook pro for uni cause mines pretty old. do many people use macs or pcs (do to the mircosoft programs) ?

Quite a few professors use Mac and Linux, so they aren't going to require Windows programs specifically. Further, almost every BUCS computer dualboots Linux and Windows; you can connect to these remotely over Bath's internal or external networks to run eg. MATLAB.

You didn't ask me, but my opinion is that it doesn't matter what OS you're running so long as it can connect to the network.
Original post by EHALI

No problem just (thumbs up my answers if you like them) :smile:

In response, no it doesn't matter to be honest, a lot of people have macbook pro 13" but who cares! to be honest, I prefer writing because in my first year I got in the habit of laptops, facebook etc, and it was detrimental to my studies. Nevertheless, a pen and notepad was useful as I never got distracted..

Yes microsoft office is pretty standard but pc or mac, its personal preference more so what you need to have :smile: hope that helps
Reply 1208
Original post by Twigleheight
Has anyone else applied for Westwood accommodation? I wasn't too bothered about having an en suite so thought I might as well go for it, looks nice enough! :smile:

I have :smile:! I was a bit late to apply but decided on Westwood, it looks pretty nice so I'm not too fussed! No en suite won't affect me but I'm downgrading from a double bed at home so hopefully I won't miss it too much! :/
Did anyone apply for Eastwood accommodation? I was very late with submitting my application (because I'm such a last minute person ha) I would have liked Westwood but it was all gone!
Reply 1210
Original post by Jorgeyy
I'm not sure, but I was lazy with my student finance so way after you did aha :colondollar:

It will be ok because they took it off the choices so hopefully we will be fine:smile::smile::smile:
It will be ok because they took it off the choices so hopefully we will be fine:smile::smile::smile:

Really? That's immense! It was probably first come first serve then :biggrin:

Now I have to get the A*AA no biggie :cool:
Reply 1212
Original post by Jorgeyy
Really? That's immense! It was probably first come first serve then :biggrin:

Now I have to get the A*AA no biggie :cool:

Hmm I feel sorry for you thats horrible!!
where do you live?
Hmm I feel sorry for you thats horrible!!
where do you live?

Worcester, not too far from Birmingham, you?

Bath is just about the right distance for me really, easy enough to get home during holidays but far enough from the family during Uni :rolleyes:
Reply 1214
Original post by Jorgeyy
Worcester, not too far from Birmingham, you?

Bath is just about the right distance for me really, easy enough to get home during holidays but far enough from the family during Uni :rolleyes:

I live in Gloucester so not too far from you! Yeah same it will take me an hour to get to bath so a good amount of time :smile:
Reply 1215
What's the best way to get from London Gatwick Airport to Bath? Is travelling by train (First Great Western) the fastest way to get there?
Reply 1216
Original post by stifa
What's the best way to get from London Gatwick Airport to Bath? Is travelling by train (First Great Western) the fastest way to get there?

Yes, unless you've got enough money lying around to hire a car for the day or something.
Reply 1217
Original post by stifa

Yeah, there isn't really anything direct - on the train you can go Gatwick Airport > Reading > Bath Spa, or Gatwick Airport > London Victoria > (tube) London Paddington > Bath Spa. Both take about 2.5 - 3 hours. Via Reading might be slightly quicker (and less hastle as you don't have to take the tube in London).

You can use http://nationalrail.co.uk to check train times and fares.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dan_oufc
I have :smile:! I was a bit late to apply but decided on Westwood, it looks pretty nice so I'm not too fussed! No en suite won't affect me but I'm downgrading from a double bed at home so hopefully I won't miss it too much! :/

Ah good! Hopefully see you there then :P haha you'll get used to it soon enough, I'm still slumming it in a single at home! I preferred Norwood but I like how Westwood has open space near it and isn't right above the union :smile: what will you be studying?
Reply 1219
Original post by Twigleheight
Ah good! Hopefully see you there then :P haha you'll get used to it soon enough, I'm still slumming it in a single at home! I preferred Norwood but I like how Westwood has open space near it and isn't right above the union :smile: what will you be studying?

Haha yeah! Hopefully! Thing is it will be nice to be social but not too social, I guess with Norwood there would be a lot of that! Yeah there's some nice green spots by Westwood for the sunny months (days) :P. I'm going to study Social Work, yourself? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest