The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Has any international students been rejected yet?
Reply 581
Original post by jinalp1
I have a friend- he was rejected right after the BMAT results came out--- but it was odd, because we had the same grades, and his BMAT result was WAY higher than mine...he got 6.7, 7 and 3A I think. But he still got rejected, and I have an interview for this tuesday. So it just goes to show that they do look at you as a whole, so don't worry too much about it. I think for now, "no news is good news" :biggrin:

Did they give any reasons a to why he got rejected? Also was he a home or intl student? :smile:
Reply 582
Original post by kookyuke
Did they give any reasons a to why he got rejected? Also was he a home or intl student? :smile:

he was a home student- he has AAAAB at AS, 6.5,6.2, 3A for BMAT- and I'm assuming he had a good PS and reference- they didn't really say much about why he got rejected- its quite odd :s-smilie: he got interviews for cambridge, imperial and other unis, so... he was unsure why he was rejected
Reply 583
Original post by jinalp1
he was a home student- he has AAAAB at AS, 6.5,6.2, 3A for BMAT- and I'm assuming he had a good PS and reference- they didn't really say much about why he got rejected- its quite odd :s-smilie: he got interviews for cambridge, imperial and other unis, so... he was unsure why he was rejected

FML... If they're rejecting people with stats like that. I'm screwed :frown:
Reply 584
FML... If they're rejecting people with stats like that. I'm screwed :frown:

No...don't let that put you off- because see they may not have thought that his PS was great- they may not have liked him as a person- I had AAAA at AS but my BMAT score was pretty below average- but I still have an interview.... I think UCL doesn't just care about academics- they put so much emphasis on your attitude as a person...extra curricular stuff, references, motivation for medicine etc... so really, don't worry about it. If you haven't received an interview yet, then thats a good thing- means they are considering you....where as with my friend- they may just not like his non-academic stuff, and so decided to immediately reject him. Hope this helps.... :redface:
Reply 585
Original post by jinalp1
No...don't let that put you off- because see they may not have thought that his PS was great- they may not have liked him as a person- I had AAAA at AS but my BMAT score was pretty below average- but I still have an interview.... I think UCL doesn't just care about academics- they put so much emphasis on your attitude as a person...extra curricular stuff, references, motivation for medicine etc... so really, don't worry about it. If you haven't received an interview yet, then thats a good thing- means they are considering you....where as with my friend- they may just not like his non-academic stuff, and so decided to immediately reject him. Hope this helps.... :redface:

Haha I really hope you're correct :smile: good luck for your interview! Is it soon?
Reply 586
Haha I really hope you're correct :smile: good luck for your interview! Is it soon?

thank you! yes... my interview's this tuesday... kind of nervous, but I've heard that the interview panel are really nice and friendly, so that should calm me down a bit :biggrin:
Original post by jinalp1
thank you! yes... my interview's this tuesday... kind of nervous, but I've heard that the interview panel are really nice and friendly, so that should calm me down a bit :biggrin:

if you dont mind me asking- what are your academics?
Reply 588
Original post by Constricule
if you dont mind me asking- what are your academics?

I don't mind telling you--- I'll PM them to you- don't really want to declare everything on TSR
Reply 589
Original post by jinalp1

Original post by jinalp1

I'm assuming his B at AS wasn't in biology or chemistry then? That's very strange.
Reply 590
Original post by oHellno
I'm assuming his B at AS wasn't in biology or chemistry then? That's very strange.

no, his B was in further maths... he took bio, chem, maths, further maths, and psychology. Got As in everything apart from further maths. yeh, I know, it is really strange...I was probably more surprised than he was :s-smilie:
Reply 591
Original post by jinalp1

Original post by jinalp1

Hi, I've got my interview on Tuesday aswell. What time is yours?
Original post by wavezone113
But are they international or home students?

both are home student absolutely and *WiNdOw LiCkEr* is from oxfordshire
Reply 593
Original post by mraz
Hi, I've got my interview on Tuesday aswell. What time is yours?

Hey, my interview is at 10:00. It'll be straight after the "talk" by the admissions tutor at 9:30. When's yours?
Reply 594
Original post by jinalp1

Original post by jinalp1
Hey, my interview is at 10:00. It'll be straight after the "talk" by the admissions tutor at 9:30. When's yours?

Wow. Exact same time, I guess they do multiple interviews at once. You nervous?
Reply 595
Original post by mraz

oh wow! yeh I suppose....I thought one panel did all the interviews :s-smilie: ...YES! I am so nervous. I really like UCL, so I have to do well at interview. I've already had one interview, and that went TERRIBLE :frown: ... hopefully this will go better- plus I've heard that the UCL panel are really nice and friendly too :smile: should calm me down a bit. What about you?
Reply 596
Original post by jinalp1

Original post by jinalp1
oh wow! yeh I suppose....I thought one panel did all the interviews :s-smilie: ...YES! I am so nervous. I really like UCL, so I have to do well at interview. I've already had one interview, and that went TERRIBLE :frown: ... hopefully this will go better- plus I've heard that the UCL panel are really nice and friendly too :smile: should calm me down a bit. What about you?

Yes absolutely! I'm so nervous. UCL is my 1st choice. But yeah, I've heard they are very welcoming and friendly. Should help but still so nervous...
Reply 597
Original post by jinalp1

Original post by jinalp1

Also, are you going to stay for the student guided tour? I think I am :smile:
Original post by mraz

Usually at least 2 panels run at the same time.
Reply 599
Original post by mraz
Also, are you going to stay for the student guided tour? I think I am :smile:

The tour is at 12:45 right? Haven't yet had a chance to look around UCL completely, so yeh I think I'll stay for the tour. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending