The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by aprilannep
Ahhh physics.. I wish i'd taken physics for Alevel. Highly regret it :frown:

You would have really enjoyed it, its full of maths!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by umzyy
You would have really enjoyed it, its full of maths!

I know, but I hated Science in GCSE, so I turned away from any science Alevels.. Only reason why my gcse's in Science were ok was cause my physics was very good ^^

Having done Mechanics, (M1 and M2) for Maths and FMaths, made me wish I done Physics instead of Art. Aparantly, Mechanics and Physics are similar? I LOVE Mechanics!
firm for social anthropology!
Original post by Lucy.Jane
firm for social anthropology!

From sunny spain? you sure your gonna like Manchester? :L just kidding :tongue:
Reply 1084
Original post by Sam1309
Where does it state them on the website? I'm not doubting you I would just like to see which ones are high demand

On the information for each individual accommodation place.
Reply 1085
Original post by braiiins
On the information for each individual accommodation place.

I still can't see it, either blind or stupid :frown:
Reply 1086
Original post by Sam1309
I still can't see it, either blind or stupid :frown:

http://search.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/Hall/Fallowfield/Sheavyn%20House

**Please Note** Sheavyn House is a "High Demand" Hall, so not every applicant is guaranteed to be successful.
Reply 1087
Original post by braiiins
http://search.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/Hall/Fallowfield/Sheavyn%20House

**Please Note** Sheavyn House is a "High Demand" Hall, so not every applicant is guaranteed to be successful.

:facepalm: both stupid and blind.

Thanks for pointing it out :smile:
Reply 1088
Original post by Sam1309
:facepalm: both stupid and blind.

Thanks for pointing it out :smile:

Haha, slightly :tongue: Glad I could help.
just officially firmed! so excited!! :biggrin:
Original post by goussberry
just officially firmed! so excited!! :biggrin:

Me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :biggrin:
Me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :biggrin:

ahhh!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: which accomm you applying for??
ahhh!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: which accomm you applying for??

I'veapplied for fallowefield everything! Sheavyn House, Richmond Park and Oak house :biggrin: woop woop. what about you?
I'veapplied for fallowefield everything! Sheavyn House, Richmond Park and Oak house :biggrin: woop woop. what about you?

Wooo! Great ones :smile: those were exactly the ones I was gonna go for, but then chose to go for catered :smile: probably applying for Allen Hall, Woolton, & Richmond Park (SC i know, but ensuite wooo haha).

What course you applying for? :smile: (probs should have asked that first haha)
Is accommodation first come first serve or random? If you put Manchester as your insurance do you still get guaranteed accommodation?
Original post by rodcarter
Is accommodation first come first serve or random? If you put Manchester as your insurance do you still get guaranteed accommodation?

Manchester say they can gurantee accommodation for every new student I think, even if it's your insurance choice

it just might not be the nicest accommodation but better than nothing :h:
Reply 1096
You will all love Manchester. Good luck. :smile:
Wooo! Great ones :smile: those were exactly the ones I was gonna go for, but then chose to go for catered :smile: probably applying for Allen Hall, Woolton, & Richmond Park (SC i know, but ensuite wooo haha).

What course you applying for? :smile: (probs should have asked that first haha)

Awesome! Why catered? Cook for yourself! :P haha it'll be exciting, and you'll save so much money too ^^

I'm applying for Maths ! Yourself?
Awesome! Why catered? Cook for yourself! :P haha it'll be exciting, and you'll save so much money too ^^

I'm applying for Maths ! Yourself?

Good Q... mainly cuz a cousin advised it cuz she went to Manc.... But I'm intensely indecisive over things that really don't matter ahah, so yesterday I DID end up applyng for Self-Catered (*facepalm*) for many of the reasons that you said; saves a lot of money, it's fun and you can cook with your flatmates :smile: but then I'm thinking "what if I hate my flatmates/they hate me - I'd be a loner" LOL... Oh well, in the end I applied for Oak House, Sheavyn House, Richmond Park :smile:

I'm applying for English Language! I feel we've had this conversation before about what we're applying for cuz I went "i have so much respect for you, cant do maths myself, etcetc"... Or maybe I've spoken to a few people who are applying for maths, haha, but lemme go back and check earlier posts... :P :smile:

Edit: yeah we have said the same thing about courses before hahah
(edited 12 years ago)
Good Q... mainly cuz a cousin advised it cuz she went to Manc.... But I'm intensely indecisive over things that really don't matter ahah, so yesterday I DID end up applyng for Self-Catered (*facepalm*) for many of the reasons that you said; saves a lot of money, it's fun and you can cook with your flatmates :smile: but then I'm thinking "what if I hate my flatmates/they hate me - I'd be a loner" LOL... Oh well, in the end I applied for Oak House, Sheavyn House, Richmond Park :smile:

I'm applying for English Language! I feel we've had this conversation before about what we're applying for cuz I went "i have so much respect for you, cant do maths myself, etcetc"... Or maybe I've spoken to a few people who are applying for maths, haha, but lemme go back and check earlier posts... :P :smile:

Edit: yeah we have said the same thing about courses before hahah

Oh no, you put bad thoughts in my head :frown: "what if my flatmates hate me". wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'd die. lol

It shall be fun! and omg, same as me. imagine if you actually turn up to be living in the same flat as me :P haha

Latest

Trending

Trending