The Student Room Group

Offer for material science

Does anyone know how long it takes for Birmingham, Imperial, and Manchester to send an offer/invitation for an interview for material science? I've seen people getting offers and it's already been a week and I'm getting nervous.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Rough_circle
Does anyone know how long it takes for Birmingham, Imperial, and Manchester to send an offer/invitation for an interview for material science? I've seen people getting offers and it's already been a week and I'm getting nervous.

Manchester are usually quite quick with replies, one of my friends has got an interview for materials science and engineering at Manchester
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ManUtd_21
Manchester are usually quite quick with replies, one of my friends has got an interview for materials science and engineering at Manchester

I see, thank you!
Hi, I've moved your thread to the engineering forum :smile:

Somehow it ended up in the medical schools forum!
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
Hi, I've moved your thread to the engineering forum :smile:

Somehow it ended up in the medical schools forum!

Thank you! I was unaware :biggrin:.
There are a lot of variables including things like universities processing them in batch, local course admissions directors often have a full schedule outside of admissions, how close they are to the January deadline, how you stack up to the general pool of candidates...

No point worrying about something which could take several days or several months, they aren’t obligated to respond until around May next year.
Reply 6

Hello, I applied on the 9th of November and i have an interview with Manchester on the 29th, they replied two weeks after my application. I also applied to Birmingham and Imperial, i got an offer from Birmingham (10 days after ) but i haven't heard anything from Imperial so far, how is your application going? I also applied to Leeds and Queens Mary and got offers from them as well.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by wuen
Hello, I applied on the 9th of November and i have an interview with Manchester on the 29th, they replied two weeks after my application. I also applied to Birmingham and Imperial, i got an offer from Birmingham (10 days after ) but i haven't heard anything from Imperial so far, how is your application going? I also applied to Leeds and Queens Mary and got offers from them as well.

I applied 11th of Oct and I have an interview from Manchester on 29th as well. Haven't heard from Imperial though
Reply 8
I applied 11th of Oct and I have an interview from Manchester on 29th as well. Haven't heard from Imperial though

I am confused tho, the email they sent me said it was a virtual open day , and further information about the interview will be sent a couple days prior.
Reply 9
Original post by wuen

how did your interview go?
Reply 10
Original post by ikdavies2
how did your interview go?

It was good, I got the offer . He asked me acouple questions about my personal statement (any material I mentioned he asked about) he asked me about general school questions what Iam learning and why I like it. He asked what’s the best material,he asked why I would be a suitable student for the course. That was pretty much it , how did yours go if you’ve applied and where else have u applied?
Reply 11
Original post by wuen
It was good, I got the offer . He asked me acouple questions about my personal statement (any material I mentioned he asked about) he asked me about general school questions what Iam learning and why I like it. He asked what’s the best material,he asked why I would be a suitable student for the course. That was pretty much it , how did yours go if you’ve applied and where else have u applied?

Congrats on the offer! I’ve applied for Sheffield, Leeds , Manchester and Lancaster . I’ve got offers from all of them except Manchester ☹️ which is sort of worrying me since they’re supposed to be fairly quick with responses
Reply 12
Congrats on the offer! I’ve applied for Sheffield, Leeds , Manchester and Lancaster . I’ve got offers from all of them except Manchester ☹️ which is sort of worrying me since they’re supposed to be fairly quick with responses

ohh noo sadge :frown:, i have an offer hold day for Manchester this wednesday. so thats weird that they havent said anything, what subejcts do u do and whats ur predicted, also when did u apply
Reply 13
Original post by wuen
ohh noo sadge :frown:, i have an offer hold day for Manchester this wednesday. so thats weird that they havent said anything, what subejcts do u do and whats ur predicted, also when did u apply

I’ve already done 3 a levels at A*AA and I’m predicted As in both physics and maths. I applied the 1st of December so maybe it’s still early days ? Idk
Reply 14
I’ve already done 3 a levels at A*AA and I’m predicted As in both physics and maths. I applied the 1st of December so maybe it’s still early days ? Idk

youve already done the a levels or are u predicted?, i think its still to early , they probably only done the first wave of applicants

Hi @ikdavies2 ,
Congratulations on your offer to study at Lancaster! I'm currently in my 3rd year studying geography at Lancaster and i know nervous feelings about waiting to here from universities about offers, so if you have any questions about Lancaster feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster student ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest