The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
10 days i think
Reply 2
5 working days. I sent it on special delivery and enclosed a special delivery envelope for the return as well.
ALL MY LIFE

about a week.
Reply 4
anyone else?
Reply 5
No idea but I sent my own off yday with recorded delivery and a selfaddressed envelope also with recorded delivery. Info seems consistent so sounds like that'll arrive in plenty of time for uni.

Actually I overheard a convo in the bank today where they also said it takes ~7 days. Need yours before uni too?
Reply 6
Hey,

I thought it was 2 weeks.
Reply 7
I sent mine of on the 23rd of August (Tuesday) I got my original documents back on the 31st and then i got my Provisional on the 1st of September so that is 7 days (not including weekends) and i sent mine special delivery :smile:

I was expecting 2 - 4 weeks tbh going from the posts i read previously on here.

It's all going quicker then i thought, I got my first lesson at 9:30 on Thursday :biggrin:
Took about a week for me when i expected it to take about 4.
Reply 9
Mine arrived before the cheque had even cleared :p: .. I think it was a week from date sent till date received. All I remember is that it was way faster than I was expecting it to be :yep:
Reply 10
About 3 weeks, but that was with Christmas in the middle of it.
Less than 2 weeks
Reply 12
2 months. The morons "lost" my passport, and found it when I stopped ringing them three times a day asking if they found it yet.

(Long reason: french passport. It'd cost me nearly £300 to get a new one, seeing as you need 3 or 4 trips to London to get them done, signed, and to acquire the passport itself. You can't all do it in one go, as the passport is printed in Paris)
Original post by summernight
How long did it take people, from the date of sending in your D1 application, for your provisional license to arrive?

Sent around 4pm 01/09. Arrived 10am 08/09.
Reply 14
3 months for me. They needed to verify my health etc.
hi,

i sent it through special delivery on 19/02/2015 and waiting as on 25/02/2015, although post office parcel tracking says "Your item with reference xxxxxxxxxxxGB was delivered from our SWANSEA Delivery Office on 20/02/15". I'm just one year old in this country and cannot drive with my international driving license as one year passed by
(edited 9 years ago)
hi,

i sent it through special delivery on 19/02/2015 and waiting as on 25/02/2015, although post office parcel tracking says "Your item with reference xxxxxxxxxxxGB was delivered from our SWANSEA Delivery Office on 20/02/15". I'm just one year old in this country and cannot drive with my international driving license as one year passed by
i have sent for my first provisional i am on medication my doctor as sign for me to learn to drive how long will it take i sent it off last wk
Reply 18
same problem
Reply 19
hello , same problem with mine, even i send return next day delivery paid postage but still now received. send out on 22nd and same update on royal mail when i try to track it.

Latest

Trending

Trending