The Student Room Group

Royal Mail lost my BRP

Sent my BRP as a document to support provisional driving license application via First Class signed for. Will I get a compensation? I’m absolutely furious and am shaking as I type. I will call them the first thing in the morning and wondering what are the steps to do, something that will lead to solution rather than non-stop complains.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by BelleClara
Sent my BRP as a document to support provisional driving license application via First Class signed for. Will I get a compensation? I’m absolutely furious and am shaking as I type. I will call them the first thing in the morning and wondering what are the steps to do, something that will lead to solution rather than non-stop complains.

Thank you.

How do you know it's been lost
Royal Mail lost one of my parcels last year. Apparently it was delivered to some town nearby. They didn’t help. I asked them for a letter to say that they’ve lost it so I can order a replacement but they didn’t send one until I rang them 7 times. They said they were going to email the letter too but never did. If you’re the sender then they’ll maybe compensate for how much that item was valued for. You’re going to have to chase them up but they say they need 3 days to investigate so it’s a lengthy process.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by wxgmak
Royal Mail lost one of my parcels last year. Apparently it was delivered to some town nearby. They didn’t help. I asked them for a letter to say that they’ve lost it so I can order a replacement but they didn’t send one until I rang them 7 times. They said they were going to email the letter too but never did. If you’re the sender then they’ll maybe compensate for how much that item was valued for. You’re going to have to chase them up but they say they need 3 days to investigate so it’s a lengthy process.

Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
How do you know it's been lost

Hi. Tracking number is not recognised, phoned them and classified it as lost item. Contacted DVLA and they haven’t received it. Courier did not scan the barcode that was on the envelope and it has been 4 weeks
Reply 5
Hi. Tracking number is not recognised, phoned them and classified it as lost item. Contacted DVLA and they haven’t received it. Courier did not scan the barcode that was on the envelope and it has been 4 weeks

Fair enough. You won't get compensation.
Reply 6
I sent my BRP to DVLA for my provisional license on 18th May 2021 via Royal Mail 1st Class signed post , unfortunately tracking was not getting updated on Royal Mail and DVLA was not able to confirm if they have received it. I opened a case with Royal Mail to help me track my letter but they came back and offered me return confirming they cannot track it as well..... I applied for new BRP replacement card , but on 21st July after almost 8 weeks i got my BRP and Provisional License back from DVLA .so frustrating
Sent my BRP as a document to support provisional driving license application via First Class signed for. Will I get a compensation?

Your compensation is limited to the value of the item up to £50.

The procedure for claiming compensation is here
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check
Your compensation is limited to the value of the item up to £50.

The procedure for claiming compensation is here

Thread is a year old. You know better than this, RC! :laugh:
Original post by IWMTom
Thread is a year old. You know better than this, RC! :laugh:

:laugh: and I'm always taking the píss out of people who do that.

Hope you're well, my friend :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Reality Check
:laugh: and I'm always taking the píss out of people who do that.

Hope you're well, my friend :smile:

All good here, nice to see you! :smile:
I am experiencing the same situation but I am worried because I tracked my dvla application but it shows: In process, waiting for returning form and I already sent it on August 19th so I dont know what to do, I cant get in contact with the DVLA no phone attention and the rest of the services are automated so no one to talk about anything specific. At this point I don't know what to do.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello. I would like to ask, what reason did you tell the home office for the replacement of your brp? How many weeks did you wait for your new brp?
Original post by sqamar
I sent my BRP to DVLA for my provisional license on 18th May 2021 via Royal Mail 1st Class signed post , unfortunately tracking was not getting updated on Royal Mail and DVLA was not able to confirm if they have received it. I opened a case with Royal Mail to help me track my letter but they came back and offered me return confirming they cannot track it as well..... I applied for new BRP replacement card , but on 21st July after almost 8 weeks i got my BRP and Provisional License back from DVLA .so frustrating

Hi, its been a while i knoow but im facing a similar issue. I have recieved my provisional but not my brp yet. its been 4 weeks since i sent my application and brp and recieved my provisional license 8 days ago. Do you think the brp is lost or is there still hope for it to arrive within the next week.
Original post by sqamar

Hi, I know its been a few years since this question was asked but i am in a similar situation now. I sent my application with my BRP on the 6th July, 2023. On the 31st July, 2023, i received my provisional license and 8 days later I still haven't received my BRP. Do you think it is lost or should i wait for another week in hopes of receiving it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending