The Student Room Group

Application Competition Form for Provisional

I applied and paid for a provisional driving license online. I'm supposed to post the form back. Is it just a D1 form or another form? Does anyone know what its supposed to look like or what type of form it should be (e.g. D1)? If it's just a D1, do I need to pay more except shipping?
Reply 1
If you could answer the following it would be helpful:

Who did you did you apply to online to for your provisional driving licence?

Do you hold any driving licence of any description from any country? or is it a UK provisional driving licence that you have applied for?

You say you are supposed to post the form back but is that a UK DVLA form D1 or another form from another country? That is dependent on the provisional driving licence you already hold? All applications to DVLA for UK licences are on form D1

For UK driving licences always check and make sure you have used a GovtUk website, not another assistance web site adversely supporting DVLA expecting more money?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence

DVLA Driving Licence Enquiries

Telephone: 0300 790 6801
I applied on GOV.uk site. It's my first provisional driving liscense. Im not sure because I applied for a D1 form online because my address wasnt on the system but I figured it out online so I wasnt sure if it was that form or the one i ordered from before
Reply 3
You should be Ok with the D1 form. There is quite a delay getting d/licences processed but online is supposed to be quicker.
Original post by Muttly
You should be Ok with the D1 form. There is quite a delay getting d/licences processed but online is supposed to be quicker.

Is the D1 form the application competition form the DLVA is talking about I need to complete after I applied online? (Sorry I'm a bit confused)
Reply 5
If you applied online and are a UK National there should be no form to post unless you need to send further documents to prove ID or residency?

If you did apply online and in return they replied - you should have a letter with any form that they send and this should explain this?

If you are applying for your first UK Driving licence and you are a resident of the UK you would normally use a form D1 to apply or complete online in the application using your passport as proof of residency or by including any residency permit.

If you are a non UK National / apply with from a different Nationality -
If you are not a UK National I think they ask you to apply using the 'old online' system rather than the new online system. They may ask you for additional documents (shown below) although I don't know if these have to be supplied with a different form? It's usually the one the DVLA supply and you would be expected to send the original documents not photocopies.

A biometric residence permit (sometimes referred to as BRP). This was formerly known as “the identity card for foreign nationals”
A UK certification of naturalisation
An European Union or European Economic Area national identity card
A travel document
Reply 6
Has anyone applied for a UK Provisional license with a BRP that’s expiring soon? My BRP expires in 20 days, and I’m awaiting a study visa extension. Should I submit my current BRP or my passport with the expired visa for the DVLA application? Any advice from similar experiences would be really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending