The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU students- did you attend any open day/event before beginning your course?

For people who are currently studying with the ou, did you attend any open days/information daysbefore you decided to sign up?
Reply 1
I didn't, just read the descriptions & figured I may as well go for it. I probably would've been more interested in an open day if I was actually paying for my course but due to low income I was 100% funded for the first two years so I didn't feel like I was risking wasting my money or anything like that, I just wanted to do something & get back on track for my degree. Luckily I like it enough to carry on now I have to pay for half of it myself ;D
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
No, just did online research and signed up.
Reply 3
Same here. Checked out the module content, this forum followed by a few reviews and dived right in.
Reply 4
i never attended an open day before i signed up, but there's one in Glasgow and a few other places on the 24th (i think!?!) that I'm going to.
Just going to see if anyone else who is doing my course (TU100) shows up! ^_^ Lol
Reply 5
Never went to an information day but I went to one of those general tutor sessions for those doing IT courses before my course actually began. I remember us discussing the meaning of citizenship!! It was good to meet other OU students early on.

Quick Reply

Latest