The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skriblerier
Are anyone using Filofax here? Which model and how do you use it?
Tempted to get one!

I've done a massive blog post on my Filofax, but I'll tell you the basics - my main Filofax is a personal Malden in Vintage Pink, which I use as a diary (three types of inserts - week on two pages, weekly timetable and year planner), finance tracker, shopping lists, deadlines, purse, holder of tickets, and basically it just stores my life.

I also have a patent black A5 original, which I was sent to review - that will become my 'work' Filo, or at the very least my job-searching one (if I don't get on with it there will be a blog giveaway at some point!).

I've definitely recommend one if you think you'll use it!
Reply 3981
Original post by Elastoplast
Does anyone know where you can get the sharpie pens from for a fairly good price?

I found them at ASDA. When they start doing offers such as 2 for £3 in september you can pick up some good deals. I got 8 pens for £3 last year :smile:
My Mum just ordered me the A5 Black Finsbury from WHSmith for my birthday next month! It's availability is 1-2 weeks so hopefully it'll come just in time for the birthday. Got it for £39.50 instead of £79, I'm so excited!
Reply 3983
Original post by MysteryPass
My Mum just ordered me the A5 Black Finsbury from WHSmith for my birthday next month! It's availability is 1-2 weeks so hopefully it'll come just in time for the birthday. Got it for £39.50 instead of £79, I'm so excited!

My mum ordered that the other day for me too, can't wait for it to come :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lorna17
My mum ordered that the other day for me too, can't wait for it to come :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh yayy! I can't wait either! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3985
Original post by Elastoplast
Does anyone know where you can get the sharpie pens from for a fairly good price?

Also, Ryman do deals. They tend to yoyo so it might be a few weeks before they're on offer again but it's generally a 12 pack for a fiver or a 24 pack for a tenner (with 80's glam colours in! - I got them and love them!!!).

xxx
Original post by shadowdweller

Original post by kpwxx
Wh smiths does some sturdy card storage boxes. Or how about ikea?

Or you could use plastic boxes etc from paperchase.

How big are the resources?

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're about A4 size, if not smaller and I wanted to sort them into subject, so I can easily find some I need to. I'm thinking of something like the accordion files, but not A-Z...

:smile:
Reply 3987
Went to a UCAS convention today, got two free pens and two pink highlighters that have index tabs at the other end!
Also some prospectuses and stuff but that's not as exciting :biggrin:
Original post by Gotzz
Went to a UCAS convention today, got two free pens and two pink highlighters that have index tabs at the other end!
Also some prospectuses and stuff but that's not as exciting :biggrin:

Aww! I love prospectuses :tongue: I just wish they would put course information in them!

I can't wait for fresher fortnight; freebies galore! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mega Nerd
They're about A4 size, if not smaller and I wanted to sort them into subject, so I can easily find some I need to. I'm thinking of something like the accordion files, but not A-Z...

:smile:

In which case, what about a lever arch folder/boxfile with subject dividers?
Reply 3990
Original post by simplylldxo
Aww! I love prospectuses :tongue: I just wish they would put course information in them!

I can't wait for fresher fortnight; freebies galore! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too!!
I thought you guys would be interested in this. It's pretty much the most perfect academic diary ever, http://www.erincondren.com/store/index.php?cPath=1454. It's pretty pricey (especially considering it comes from the states), but they're absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait for mine to arrive! :biggrin:
Reply 3992
Original post by angelooo
I thought you guys would be interested in this. It's pretty much the most perfect academic diary ever, http://www.erincondren.com/store/index.php?cPath=1454. It's pretty pricey (especially considering it comes from the states), but they're absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait for mine to arrive! :biggrin:

Love it like all the bright colours too, I may have to get one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my goodness! I've been lusting after an Erin Condren life planner since forever! I'm to cheap to fork out that kind of money for it though :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3994

So beautiful!
Would anyone be so kind as to post me a few links of pretty online stationery stores? Thanks!! xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh, that is the most perfect planner I could ever ask for but it's far too expensive considering how the one I'm going to get is just under £7 :/ I could even ask for it as a birthday present but it's only valid for a year, then I'll want another.... sigh....
Original post by sliceofcake
Ugh, that is the most perfect planner I could ever ask for but it's far too expensive considering how the one I'm going to get is just under £7 :/ I could even ask for it as a birthday present but it's only valid for a year, then I'll want another.... sigh....

Yeah it's a crazy price to pay, I'd never have forked that much out for it if I didn't have any spare money left for my uni stuff. Suppose I better start saving for next years one though because I know I'm going to love it hahaha. You get a money off voucher with your first one, so you could maybe ask for it as a gift and use the voucher for the second? :smile:
Could anyone please link me to something - it was mentioned in here but I can't find it! It was sort of a black expanding folder with room for a notebook and loose sheets and pens etc - sort of a very portable notes organiser. I really want one for my PGCE but can't seem to find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by outlaw-torn
Could anyone please link me to something - it was mentioned in here but I can't find it! It was sort of a black expanding folder with room for a notebook and loose sheets and pens etc - sort of a very portable notes organiser. I really want one for my PGCE but can't seem to find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it this one?

Latest

Trending

Trending